Does anyone else fear for Bono's safety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thankyou said:

what's that story? :shifty:

it's in the Fuse ep I posted here, they're talking about thigns they ca't do anymore... Bono said he didn't went to the supermarket for a while, because he got mugged by a group of elderly women. they were whacking him with ubrella's and bags(edge's remark: you got handbagged!) Bono: yeah I got handbagged, I mean, I had kickings that wore easier in the early days.. I haven't been back to the supermarket since...

I doubt someone would hate him enough to literally kill him or attack him. They would have a bunch of crazy angry fans stick to their ass after anyway ;D

Babydoll said:

Wow. To me, 3 things stand out from this post: 1) the fact that Bono is so fearless; he boldly walked out onto the stage and sang the song they were warned not to sing. 2) Adam's act of courage and loyalty is amazing 4) The worst is that, someone would actually threaten to kill someone because they wrote a song about one the of the nation's greatest people and got racist jibes for that?? Why? Just becasue he was black and dared to speak out against subjugation? Bono truly regarded him a hero because of the very fact that he spoke up against the segregation going on back then and was fearless as well.

Hats off to Bono. We love you.
:yes:

I thought the whole thing took place in Arizona though?
:hmm: Weird. *goes to listen to bono's speech again*

vervex said:
I doubt someone would hate him enough to literally kill him or attack him. They would have a bunch of crazy angry fans stick to their ass after anyway ;D

It doesn't have to be hate that leads to murdering a star, sometimes it's overzealous love. Selena was killed by the leader of her fan club. Some fans become delusional and think THEY ARE the star, so the real star must die. Others have sick obsessions of unrequited love and kill them for not 'loving' them back. Famous people draw all kinds of weirdos, though I'm sure none of them are here! :happy:

One more thing, Henry Rollins hates Bono and has made comments like "if Bono's life ended today it would be too soon. This guy is the worst rock star ever." :mad:

RocknRollKitty said:

One more thing, Henry Rollins hates Bono and has made comments like "if Bono's life ended today it would be too soon. This guy is the worst rock star ever." :mad:

GET YOUR TORCHES!
where does that guy lives?(well, he lives there not for long when I'm done with him!)
BWAH stupid lifeless Bono Basher!
even if he is the worst rock star ever, he is still the hottest/best/cutest/most social/fill in w/e you like Person in the world! :mad:

RocknRollKitty said:

It doesn't have to be hate that leads to murdering a star, sometimes it's overzealous love. Selena was killed by the leader of her fan club. Some fans become delusional and think THEY ARE the star, so the real star must die. Others have sick obsessions of unrequited love and kill them for not 'loving' them back. Famous people draw all kinds of weirdos, though I'm sure none of them are here! :happy:

WHAT THE FUCK??/ WHO THE HELL IS THIS BASTARD? I THINK ALL OF US PLEBANS SHOULD GO UP TO HIM AND BEAT HIM TO WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE WITH STICKS AND THEN THROW SOME ROCKS AT HIM... USE SOME PRIMITIVE METHODS TO INFLICT THE MOST PAIN. SERIOUSLY HE SHOULD WATCH HIS MOUTH BEFORE BLABBING LIKE THAT ABOUT ONE OF, IF NOT THE WORLDS' GREATEST ROCKSTAR. I THINK HIS OWN DEATH IS LONG OVERDUE!! GRRRR........

:mad: :madspit: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
wait...can someone explain that to me....is the guy stupid or something, I dont think he said that right.(this henry rollins fellow) Was he trying to say if he died today it wouldn't be soon enough?

Regardless I've got the torch ready....who's got an adress?

After the Seattle show, I emailed someone about my concerns on safety--for a reason. They were half-assed checking people's bags at the entrance, but they completely missed the backpack my daughter was wearing. I'm sitting in the nosebleed section and she's in GA. She calls me on my cell, freaked out, b'c she thinks she sees about 3 or 4 misplaced looking people scoping the place out in a suspicious way. They may have just been curious tourists but the point is, at least one good sized back pack got past 'security'. That's about 15 thousand people unprotected from a possible terrorist attack.

Be paranoid? No, but be safe. :|

(You can call me racist for saying misplaced looking people...tourists, etc, if you like, but you know what I'm really trying to say here. Safety first!)

I noticed a extreme lack of security in Chicago... Idon't even think there was a medal detector honestly

I fear for Bono's safety......back in the nineties. Wasn't there a death warrant on Bono's head. Because, he harbored Salman Rushdie? By an extreme Islamic group? I worry though, because the more Bono gets involved with politicians. Regarding The One Campaign and etc. It makes him even more of a target. For some "crackpot."

I pray he will always be safe......

I continually pray for Bono's and the band's safety a lot, but I'm still trying to get over that story about the elderly ladies mugging Bono :giggle:

And Henry Rollins, Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper and people who have publicly expressed hatred for U2 really disappoint me!

Heh. I don't think anyone would want to get into a physical tussle with him. He looks like he could /hurt/ somone if he got angry.

Devlin said:
Heh. I don't think anyone would want to get into a physical tussle with him. He looks like he could /hurt/ somone if he got angry.

hm yeah, I've never seen him mad tho, but he is quite muscular.. and I heard he has a bad temper, well he had when his mother died(he kicked tables over etc. ) so I think he'd be able to defend himself for a while!

thrillme said:
Makes it all the more touching, when Bono spoke about how Adam stood in front of him at a U2 concert when they had threats against them.

I think even Larry was a little choked up when Bono was telling this.

I love that story...its very brotherly.

I worry about Bono too though...there are sooo many weirdos out there and they probably aren't the same people who post here.

partygirl43

Devlin said:

in a physical fight, i'm sure he could do some serious damage to someone. i've seen some clips of him pissed off before.. and damn... i thought I had one of the worst adrenaline-induced tempers.. until i saw him.
so, that... could definitely be a good thing for him in a case like this.

but yeah.. too many fuckin' weirdos around.. and its a scary world out there. not to sound insulting or anything.. but he sometimes seems oblivious to some stuff going on at times, and its kind of understandable when you have people in your face constantly and you;re around so many people.. i can only imagine the claustrophobic feelings that must cause... but that worries me.

and at the shows.. the security checks are shit. at my show.. they barely did a damn search. i remember saying to my mom who went with me "THAT is a security search? oh how nice..."
they just glanced inside my black purse (which is pretty big).. they really didnt even look in it.. and its so dark, how the hell could they have seen anything? and there were some kook jobs around there that day too that kinda gave me the creeps. so... that pissed me off. with that, anyone could come in there with anything. :huh:

maybe it didnt seem too much because i was going through the regular seated area line and not the GA lines.. so i dont know what the security measures are over there...
but either way, i've heard stories of it not being too secure over there either. someone needs to fix that.

I can't remember much about what the security was like in the one GA line I was in on the Vertigo tour - I was way too excited, wondering if I would get beeped into the ellipse! I don't imagine it could have been too extensive or I would have noticed.

Heck, yes, I worry about Bono's safety. He's so nice to people he's never met and doesn't know, and we all know about the people who've been killed by fans..........God forbid.

Back
Top Bottom