Do you think you're pretty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristie said:
I WANT YOUR JACKET LIES

LOL, my cousin gave it to me for X-mas, she got it at old navy for like 8 dollars, but, I'll swap it for the PANTS!!!

bwahahaha

the jacket gives me super-strength with which I can force open heavy gates w/ my legs! It's a fair trade, I tell ya!

Attachments

• leg.jpg
    leg.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 89
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

LOL, my cousin gave it to me for X-mas, she got it at old navy for like 8 dollars, but, I'll swap it for the PANTS!!!

bwahahaha

the jacket gives me super-strength with which I can force open heavy gates w/ my legs! It's a fair trade, I tell ya!

NO

fine Kristie!!!

since you refuse to negotiatie jacket-for-pants, I might as well show you the truth about the super-strength jacket :

Attachments

• fall.jpg
    fall.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 86
i can't believe you let those pics of you out......

:lol:

there are more.......i have weird friends.......wait....i'm certainly not one to talk.......:angel:..........

madamc said:
yeah i agree about this boob thing. i dont get why women PAY to get an F or DD cup sized boobs. it's a real pain in the arse.

i'm a d-cup, and i like my size, but finding a button downed shirt, or a tight v-neck shirt withought looking "cheap" is very hard.

i can just forget about wearing those cute corset type shirts, cos if i wear those, it will look like a "hard core" corset, and my boobs will look like they are fighting for their lives lol

You said it boob twin! Why would anyone pay for these things when we spend all of our time just trying to make our clothes fit?

As for pretty...no, I don't think I am. But I'm okay with it. I make the best of what I have and even though my self confidence isn't what it should be all the time, I don't obsess about it anymore.

I was teased beyond belief in junior high because I have a fairly big nose and very frizzy, out of control hair. This was in the day of the Charlies Angel flip and I just didn't fit in. I also had a mole on either side of my nose and guys would check me out from behind but as soon as I turned around, you could see on their faces that I wasn't what they were expecting. One night during my freshman year, my best friends parents were out of town so we had a boy/girl party that ended up with skinny dipping. Everyone ended up pairing off to make out and when it came down to me and the last boy, he refused and said "she's a dog." Imagine how ugly I felt when a 15 year old boy would turn down a naked girl in a pool because of her looks!

After I was old enough, I straightened my hair, went to a dermatologist and fixed my face and started to feel better about myself but sometimes its hard to shake those old insecurities. My husband tells me everyday that I'm beautiful but its hard for me to believe.

I also experience what Moonie wrote about people you haven't seen for a while looking at you after you've gained weight and wondering what you've done to yourself. I've gained 40 pounds in last few years and I am treated so differently by people, it makes me not even want to socialize anymore. But, I make sure I'm always well groomed, nicely dressed and I always wear good shoes so even if I'm not feeling confident, I look like I am :yes:

I hate to rehash the seventh grade thing, but seventh grade robbed me of all my self esteem. I got called bird legs so I never wore shorts or short dresses again in my school days. I couple of boys called me dog and I hated my face. I never had any weight problems back then, and I loved my hair, and I never had many zits, it was just my face. I hated it. I thought my nose was too big, my eyes were too close together and I didn't like the shape of my whole face. The 'dog' comments didn't help. My mom made me get braces. I always dressed covered up because I was afraid to show my body- consider my teen years were the mid to late 70's and that was weird! I thought my legs were skinny and too pale, but I lived on a corner and I wouln't lay outside in the sun to get a tan in fear of someone from school seeing me and laughing. I was the only teenager in the neighborhood who didn't hang out at the local pool. Me in a bathing suit in front of other teenagers? No way!

Once I got out of school and didn't see those jerks much anymore, I stopped caring. I wore short shorts, tank tops and I got a natural tan. I never noticed what good boobs I had but plenty of guys did! People would see me and go, wow, where was this all those years? Even though my face was never pretty, looking at my yearbook I see I was really no uglier than most of the girls, most had some flaws, but I didn't see it then. I realized I wasted my teen years afraid of what people would think, but they think what they want anyway, so I should've not cared. Easy to say now I know. I only wish I didn't waste that good body I had while I had it LOL!

I know it sounds very corny and cliche' but my advice to all you younguns is BE YOURSELF and don't give a crap what anyone thinks. Some will like you and some won't, and if they don't that's their loss! Don't wait until you're old to realize that. Love yourself and have fun now!

Last edited:
My God we are a vain bunch! :tongue:

And look at all the views this thread has gotten! Hopefully no boys are reading this one!! :no:

I'm pretty, but my looks are about all I have going for me, i'm afraid.

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I know it sounds very corny and cliche' but my advice to all you younguns is BE YOURSELF and don't give a crap what anyone thinks. Some will like you and some won't, and if they don't that's their loss! Don't wait until you're old to realize that. Love yourself and have fun now!

:up: :yes: This is SO true! Who gives a crap what anyone else thinks about you? It's what you think that really matters. I know...Easy to say, right?

I always think of it this way...If someone is being mean to you or something, it's really their problem and not yours. I mean, people who are happy with themselves and everything just don't cut others down! :happy:

wertsie said:

:up: :yes: This is SO true! Who gives a crap what anyone else thinks about you? It's what you think that really matters. I know...Easy to say, right?

I always think of it this way...If someone is being mean to you or something, it's really their problem and not yours. I mean, people who are happy with themselves and everything just don't cut others down! :happy:

That's right Wertsie! It took me so long to come to that comclusion! I'm glad you have and I hope everyone will, because it's true! :)

GypsyHeartgirl said:

That's right Wertsie! It took me so long to come to that comclusion! I'm glad you have and I hope everyone will, because it's true! :)

Yeah...This is only sort of related, but I'm going to post it anyway...

My dad's aunt is always taking shots at my mom when she comes to visit our house. The last time she was here, for my brother's graduation, it was just one thing after another...I actually had a dream a couple of weeks later that I chewed her out for it.

My mom is always really upset after my dad's aunt leaves our house, and I just had to tell her, "You know, it's her problem, not yours. She must not be a happy person!"

Little things like that have helped me see that.

I know I am REALLY REALLY late in coming to this thread...but I'll just put in my own 0.02. I have never been influenced by or bothered by fashion mags, because a) fashion doesn't interest me and b) I have never thought of the images in there as being reality...same as movies.

But what I DID come from was the ballet world....I was in pre-professional dance training throughout my teens and if ever there was a pressure packed environment in which you are never thin enough or good enough, that is it. In ballet, you look at yourself not out of vanity, but to ensure corrections are being made. Of course, ballet made me a fit person, and gave me good posture etc, but it has left me with a lifelong hatred of my body, especially my thighs (genetics).

This, combined with being COMPLETELY ignored in high school (no one insulted me, but I certainly never had a boyfriend, or even a date for that matter - Prom? What's that?) led to very low self esteem. I also got very mixed messages from my mother, who told me that I was too fat (ie ballet) and was constantly monitoring my diet, yet on the other hand she told me I was beautiful (face)...but then again, moms are supposed to say stuff like that, so I never believed it. After all, if I was beautiful, the boys would be asking me out, right???

Now I am belly dancing with Elevation, the U2 tribute band. Let me tell you, it took all my nerve to do that, and I did it because it is a fantasy come true. Due to the compliments I've been getting (especially from the male populace), it has boosted my self esteem and started a cycle of positive thinking, whereby for the first time I've started to think of myself as more attractive, maybe even *gasp* sensual.....

Anyway, it's hard to be confident when you don't feel that way, but it certainly helps perpetuate a good feeling about yourelf, which certainly does get noticed.

That's all I had to say! :)

Jess, I know what you mean. I'm NOT a dancer at all, but I am soooooo hooked on this bellydancing thing. It makes me feel so feminine and strong. I can't wait to get real lessons; the tape I've got is only so much of a help. I grew up with a simply gorgeous youger sister and didn't date at all in high school or even much in college. I was 26 when I had my 1st "real" (whatever that means) Relationship and it only lasted like 4 months. LOL. So I hear ya!

And hail yeah, I bet the guys love it! ;) I'm so glad to hear it's helping you see how beautiful you are. :)

Thanks for discussing this with me ladies! (((PLEBA)))

SD

Mrs. Edge said:

Now I am belly dancing with Elevation, the U2 tribute band. Let me tell you, it took all my nerve to do that, and I did it because it is a fantasy come true. Due to the compliments I've been getting (especially from the male populace), it has boosted my self esteem and started a cycle of positive thinking, whereby for the first time I've started to think of myself as more attractive, maybe even *gasp* sensual.....

Bellydancing = sesy
Jess bellydancing = really sesy
333%3B3%3B%3A323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E584%3E688%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232393%3A64897nu0mrj

*envy*
I took about two bellydancing lessons when I was like eight.
Next semester I'm going to find more come hell or high water.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom