Do you think Bono would sign a copy of The Message?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
What do you gals think? I going to hear Bono speak in D.C. at the end of the week and I want to be prepared incase I am lucky enough to get something signed by Bono. The Message is a newer translation of the Bible that Bono has said some good stuff about. The copy that I have even has a quote from him on the back of it. It’d be really special to me if I could get him to sign it, but I’m concerned that he might not want to sign a Bible. It seems a little weird to ask. Do you think it’d be weird? If I don’t bring that I’m thinking about the Book of Psalms that Bono wrote the introduction for.

I think that would put him in a funny position like he was God or something. I would bring the Book of Psalms, I think he loves them and lets not forget "40".:wink:

Oh, and lucky u!

If I were a celebrity with Bono's status I would feel very strange being requested by a fan to sign a book such as The Message, although it would be a flattering request. I would also agree that another choice would be a better choice, and The Book of Psalms is a very good choice. Good luck, I am envious of those who are lucky enough to see Bono next week in DC. Hope to hear all about it here in the threads from anyone who goes!

Most times he looks and does not even pay attention to what he is signing. At the Philly event there were "no autographs" but he still did some for people..

hm Bono has been trying to pull off his Saint status for a long time now.. I don't know how he'd react on something like that.... but Psalm 40 would be a great Idea I think! (or psalm 6 ^^)

eherncane said:
Most times he looks and does not even pay attention to what he is signing. At the Philly event there were "no autographs" but he still did some for people..

Was that another speech? I know how the concert vibe works, like where to wait for the band, but I wasn't sure how it would work for a speech.

I don't think he'd really notice.. You should've sent it to me first, Eugene Peterson was here for a few days last week speaking, signing, etc. Anyway, personally I'd rather bring something that's more Bono, like the RS interview or 'Conversations' book. For meeting him when he's not doing U2 stuff, I'd vote bring nothing to sign and go for a picture/hug/chat instead. I've seen him look kind of weirded out by U2 fans bringing U2 stuff when he's not on "band" business.

The Fiddler said:

It doesn't get much more Bono than The Message :D

:eyebrow: ...Or any other translation of the Bible. Sure, he wrote the forward, but I don't think he actually contributed with the writing/translation of the text.

At any rate, I doubt he'd refuse to sign it :shrug:

lady luck said:
I don't think he will refuse but... :scratch:

I think I agree with you, like I said it would be special to me but it does seem a bit weird. I’m glad I asked about it here, thank you for your responses. I’ll leave The Message at home.

pattip2000 said:

I think I agree with you, like I said it would be special to me but it does seem a bit weird. I’m glad I asked about it here, thank you for your responses. I’ll leave The Message at home.

:hug:

& Fiddler.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom