Do you think Bono can handle chopsticks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can Bono use Chopsticks?

• Yes

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters
Axver said:
Bono and chopsticks? I really can't see it happening. I can see him giving up and getting Edge to use the chopsticks to feed him, though ...

:lmao: :lmao: My thoughts exactly!!
Love Bono dearly & I don't doubt his intelligence for a moment, but...gotta admit, the thought of him wielding sharp, pointy objects is a bit frightening, knowing how exuberantly he gestures as he talks! :ohmy:

I have to concur, Bono is a man of many talents, but I doubt the skillful use of chopsticks is one of them. (Sorry Bono, love ya!) I'm amused just thinking about it! :lmao:

On a side note, I don't think Larry can use them either. There's a brief story in "U2 at the End of the World" where Larry is attempting to use chopsticks, and then just gives up and stabs the sushi with a fork. How Larrylike! :wink:

Hee! Best. Poll. Ever.

I vote no. He's got problems multi-tasking with big items like guitars and microphones. I think chopsticks would be beyond him, god love him. :)

Edgespet said:

:lmao: :lmao: My thoughts exactly!!
Love Bono dearly & I don't doubt his intelligence for a moment, but...gotta admit, the thought of him wielding sharp, pointy objects is a bit frightening, knowing how exuberantly he gestures as he talks! :ohmy:

lol, ya things could get dangerous...

:lmao:
This is the best thread ever!
And, I'll give Bono a vote of yes (however I'll agree with Rebekah's definition of "proper handling") :wink:

Proper ;):p

chopsticks.jpg

This is the funniest thread ever! :lol:
I say no, he seems like someone that would give up if unable to do something *just perfect*. But you never know, he might just surprise us.
Souly thank you for those pics! I thought it was so funny that you had that on hand. Maybe if Bono pops into PLEBA he will learn how to use chopsticks.

the thought of bono handling chop sticks properly is like imanging gw being a speech therapist:angry::sexywink:

db9
:wink:

For some reason I now want to have some orange chicken and chow mein. And they don't taste right unless you eat them properly with chop sticks.

My personal opinion - yes, Bono can eat with chop sticks, but he's more of the hunt and stab persuasion rather than eating properly with them.

greety said:
I think he can use them by now, he like this foreign food and I believe they often order chinese food in the studios.

Anyway, this reminds me of a quote of bono's in a book (could have been "Untill the end of the world") where B says that he learned to eat spagetti over at Adam's.
He had never eaten it :laugh: before and Adams mum said that it was ok for him to eat it with fork and knife. So he was eating away:lol: and then suddenly he heard the mother again saying to Adam's younger brother Sebastian "eat you spagetti properly with your spoon like any big boy does, or do you want me to treat you like a baby and cut it up?"
:huh: Bono said he felt his face reddening up, feeling quite stupid.

So my guess is he knows how to eat spagetti with fork and spoon and his chinese with chop sticks, even if it were just to avoid embarrasing scenes.:wink:
Sorry, but being the proud little Italian-Australian that I am, I have to point out that you don't use a spoon, or a knife to eat spaghetti!
You just use your fork, and kind of twirl it around so spaghetti gets looped and threaded in the fork, and then put that in your mouth.
:tsk:

And I think Bono would be able to cope with chopsticks, but probably a little awkward.

well actually Meghan, what I meant with eating with a spoon is exactly as you describe it.
But we use a spoon to twirl our fork in, I guess that's what adam's mum meant too.
Not eating with a spoon like you would eat soup:huh:

As for eating with the chop sticks, there is a pic in Anton's book where you can see Bono eating with sticks,and he actually has noodles picked up , so mystery solved.

:hmm: I don't really have an opinion for this, but it'll be awesomely funny to see that...just imagine Bono...trying to use those complicated chopsticks...he can make us laugh if he wants with a simple fork....just try to imagine the chopsticks thing....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: great poll!!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
For some reason I now want to have some orange chicken and chow mein. And they don't taste right unless you eat them properly with chop sticks.

My personal opinion - yes, Bono can eat with chop sticks, but he's more of the hunt and stab persuasion rather than eating properly with them.

Orange Chicken ,eh? Sounds yummy!!!:tongue:

Imagining Bono stabbing food,getting fustrated:lol:

Here's what I think: I think he could handle anything he wanted to handle! :giggle: But I do not see him as being a very patient person--it seems to me that creative people are usually impatient.

Back
Top Bottom