Do You think Bono approves of Madonnas Adoption?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
I going to say yes...even though there might be better ways to help in Africa. But it appears that Madonna has been doing her homework about Africa, and has her own chairty for Africa. I think shes getting a raw deal from the press...just because she's Madonna. Think what you will about Khaballa, but it seems to have made a real spiritual difference in her life.

What do you think?

I think all this buzz is about nothing. So she didnt follow standard procedures but how many of us donate the money she does to that country? So deserves a little special treatment for her work there.

My opinion.

Does it matter?

Bono is not God, and his opinion on such things is of no more importance than yours or mine. I am as big a U2 fan as you'll find, and I greatly admire Bono, but it is ridiculous to put so much importance on what his opinion on every little thing is.

"I'm Bono, and I approved this adoption."

... paid for by the Committee to Make Bono the Ruler of All

Let's just consider the fact that one childs life is going to change for the better because of this. I can't believe anyone would find fault and cristicism in that. People (celebs included) don't adopt for publicity or kudos, it's an incredibly loving act to bring a stranger into the family as your own, especially if doing so is giving that child a chance at life and taking responsiblility for a life is no frivolous whim.

starsgoblue said:
Let's just consider the fact that one childs life is going to change for the better because of this. I can't believe anyone would find fault and cristicism in that. People (celebs included) don't adopt for publicity or kudos, it's an incredibly loving act to bring a stranger into the family as your own, especially if doing so is giving that child a chance at life and taking responsiblility for a life is no frivolous whim.

Exactly. The adoption is not about Madonna, it's about the child, just like any other childbirth or adoption. I'm not a huge fan of Madonna, but since I don't know her personally, I have no reason to judge her motivations for parenting.

BTW, there is another thread about this in FYM already.

As you said, I doubt Bono would comment on this situation because it's not his business nor is it anyone else's. That being said, as a Madonna fan, and a decent human being, I am sickened by the way people are reacting to this adoption. What fully sentient individual could think she was choosing to do this out of anything out of the goodness of her heart and a desire to give a child a future who likely wouldn't have had one. If anyone saw the Oprah interview yesterday, she handled herself incredibly well. She's not even angry with the way the press is crucifying her, she's simply disappointed that it may prevent others from adopting. She plans on going to Malawi at least once or possibly twice a year to oversee all the projects she's created there, and she plans on taking David, and her other 2 children with her. She hopes that David will get the best education possible and use those opportunities to help his people in Malawi. In any case, while Bono would likely never just throw his opinion out there, it's very likely that he privately agrees and respects Madonna and Guy for their decision.

I personally don't give a rats ass if Bono approves - the point is Madonna or anyone else who chooses to adopt should be praised. These children have little to no chance otherwise. Even if she pulled strings it doesn't matter, the end result is a positive one.

can we talk about the music & the boyz now?

Is Bono concerned about the accident I saw on my way home from work? :hmm:

partygirl43 said:
I going to say yes...even though there might be better ways to help in Africa. But it appears that Madonna has been doing her homework about Africa, and has her own chairty for Africa. I think shes getting a raw deal from the press...just because she's Madonna. Think what you will about Khaballa, but it seems to have made a real spiritual difference in her life.

What do you think?

You're joking right? Does Bono have to say something in regards to everyone that has done a good deed or if a person's in trouble? Give me a break. Bono is not a god. He's a human being with his own life and shouldn't have to say anything. No offense, these types of threads give me such a headache. I don't even know why I posted.:huh:

MsPurrl said:
Why does this matter to you???? This gets my vote for "Lame Topic of the Day." :huh:

Thanks for the vote. I don't see how this is any lamer than 98.5% of the topics in ANY of the forums.

It doesn't really matter to me...I thought it might be a good topic, seeing how Bono is involved with Africa. Please forgive me for my stupidity.

Now I'll go compile my dream setlist for the PopMart Tour........

I agree with PARTY GIRL 43

There is a long track record of lame topics posted by U2 nerds like ourselves.

this thread does not even approach the lamest levels. people are not making fun of the thread starter as much as they are just making fun of bono-obsessers in general.

i think your question about madonna's adoption is legitimate. i wonder what bono thinks about it, too. his opinion does not affect what mine is, but i still wonder what he thinks.

Even though I agree that Bono's opinion on this matter is irrelevant, but the truth is these are just the sort of questions that the press and other media in general just love to ask people in Bono's position. :shrug: So we'll just have to wait and see. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom