Do you like your name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like your name?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • I don't know...

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've heard that lots of people don't, but I've always liked my name. I don't think I've ever been through a time where I didn't. As long as people don't call me Jenny I'm set! :up:

The annoying thing about my name is that it doesn't come out well over the phone. If I give my full name, Bethany, they invariably say "Stephanie?" Or if I just say Beth, they make me repeat it. Just kind of annoying at times :shrug:

I like my name because no one else has it, but I hate it when people always think I'm saying "Josie" instead of "Chelsea" when they ask me my name, so I put sometimes.

My name is Gisela most people call Giselle.
I don't mind my name anymore although on
the phone, people mistake my name for Michelle
all the time. I don't like it when people call me
Griselda - in Kidergarten, we were read a
book about a witch named Griselda and a
there was a girl I hated with the same name.

heehee- :shrug: it's funny how certain things
just stay with you forever.

yeah, actually, I do.

Emily is like the most popular baby name for the past 5 years, which kind of annoys me. But I still like it.

AngelofLarrydom said:

heehee- :shrug: it's funny how certain things
just stay with you forever.

I know what you mean...For awhile, I forgot WHY I hate being called Jenny so much...and I was talking to one of my friends about it recently when it hit me...These girls that were kind of mean to me in elementary school used to call me Jenny. THAT's it!!!

Hmm, Anna is a relatively old name....in former times I wanted to be called Michelle or Nicole :lol:........but I got used to it :sigh:........the good thing is that nobody else has this name here :evil:.....

.........except my relatives who had to call their daughter 'anna' as well. :rant: That's my name - keep away from it! :scream:

Last edited:
:no: there's just too many freakin' lauras!!

my cousin's wife has my first AND last name now!!! *can't wait to get married*...i get so confused when ppl talk about her!

and the fact that, when walking to class, i hear ppl say my name every 10 feet...and it's seldom actually for me...but when it is i ignore because i figure it's for someone else...gah!!!

Last edited:
I like my name KELLY!! I just dont like it that much when ppl hear my mom or sister call me Kellyannie and they automatically start calling me that. Kellyannie is a name that my family calls the rest of the world can call me Kelly!!!:lol:

(psst my middle name is Anne and so my mom put the two names together and fro like 4 yrs when i was younger i wouldnt respond to you unless you called me Kellyannie!!)

:wink:

I've never liked my name CARRIE. First in elementary school because they called me Carrrrie (like the word "car), my mom would say "Keeerrry" when she was mad at me, I would get called "Care Bear" in public as a nickname from my sister, I didn't get asked to the 8th grade prom because my "date" saw the movie Carrie and due to having big eyes thought maybe I'd torch the place if someone pissed me off :mad: and now CARRIE has become cool again because of Sex and the City.

:lol: I had more to say than I thought! :wave:

I HATED my name when I was younger. All of my friends had "normal" names like Linda, Laura and Angela but I was stuck with Charlene. No one could ever remember it and I always got called Charlotte or Cheryl...even worse was being called Cher. I have a video store card that says "Charlie." I admit that one does make me laugh.

My younger sister's name is Bonnie so in grade school, we were naturally called Bonnie and Clyde. :mad:

I can never find personalized things with my name on them...and with my full name of Charlene Christine plus my last name, its really hard to fit all those letters on forms.

I don't hate it so much now and almost everyone calls me Char and that's not so hard to remember. I can live with it.

My name is Katherine, and I used to hate it. Everybody said it was an old lady name...I usually went by Katie or Kate. I always begged my parents to let me change my name, but they said no. I'm glad they did...I like my name all right now. A lot of people call me Katherine, but starting a couple years ago, people started calling me Kat, and I like that too. :)

I still think about changing my name...but I don't think I ever could. :)

My name is Kimberly Noelle and I'm an alcoholic... lol jk

no freal, I like my name

I used to want to be called Anne ("with an 'e'") cause I was in love with the Anne of Green Gables books... but other than that I'm happy with my name :)

Ellen Ruth.
:shrug:
Meh, whatever. It was always a good name for my mother to yell exasperatedly (is that even a word?) when I wouldn't be good.
Imean...:angel:....for when I wouldn't...uhh....stop...being...so good. Yeah. That's what I meant.
:shifty:

I don't like Gretchen... it's so harsh sounding, my husband rarely uses it. I use different translations of Pearl sometimes, which is what Gretchen means.

Najeena (Arabic for pearl)

I usually like my name (Alanna) when it's pronounced right...

People close to me call me Lan or Lannie, and almost my
whole family calls me Lanya because we are all Russkis! :p

Ana Catalina :eyebrow:

What do you think I voted for? :tsk:

Everyone calls me Kat or Katty :D And I use a "k" insted of a "c" for my nick because my bestest friend in first grade was called Karissa and I wanted my name to begin with the same letter as hers... :huh: and I just kept it that way. :shrug:

Hippy, I :heart: Anne of Green Gables... for I while I had everyone in my family call me Anne... with an "e"...

I like my name. I didn't care for it when I was little, but I like it now.

Practically everyone I know calls me Angie, though.

Not that I mind, I'm not very picky on what people call me. Teachers will ask me whether I want to be called Angela or Angie, and I tell them it doesn't matter.

One upside to having my name is all the good songs out there that have either my full name or one of my nicknames in its title (such as "Angel Of Harlem"...:D). I find that cool.

It's funny, though, how many people have a hard time spelling my name. I didn't think Angela was a hard name to spell, but apparently it is for some people-I've seen people spell my name "Anglea" or "Angelia". :eyebrow:

Go figure :huh: :shrug:

Angela

erised said:
I don't mind my name... though I was NEVER the only Jennifer in my classes, all through school. :| Sometimes there would be three Jennifers in a class :huh:

Yeah, that's a pretty popular name.

My sister's name is Ashley, and we have TONS of girls with that name at our school-Ashley hates that fact. My mom had originally wanted to name her Alyssa, and now my sister wishes that Mom had named her that.

Angela

erised said:
I don't mind my name... though I was NEVER the only Jennifer in my classes, all through school. :| Sometimes there would be three Jennifers in a class :huh:

:yes: Well, I was the only Jennifer for a bit...but at one point there were three Jennifers in my class. of course, they both went by Jenny.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Yeah, that's a pretty popular name.

My sister's name is Ashley, and we have TONS of girls with that name at our school-Ashley hates that fact. My mom had originally wanted to name her Alyssa, and now my sister wishes that Mom had named her that.

Angela

Well, what bugged me the most was that I was never just Jennifer, but Jennifer [insert last name here]. All the other kids in the class got called by only their first names, but in order to distinguish the Jennifers, all the Jennifers had their last names attached. And I hate my last name, so it always bugged me. :mad: I can't wait to get married so I can change it! :laugh:

erised said:

Well, what bugged me the most was that I was never just Jennifer, but Jennifer [insert last name here]. All the other kids in the class got called by only their first names, but in order to distinguish the Jennifers, all the Jennifers had their last names attached. And I hate my last name, so it always bugged me. :mad: I can't wait to get married so I can change it! :laugh:

I don't know how to pronounce your last name... :lol: But I guess the same goes for mine... :huh:

erised said:

Haha, that sucks.

I like my last name (it's funny, if you take the first letter of my first name, the first letter of my middle name, and the first letter of my last name, and put them together, they spell a new name). It's short and simple (I'm glad my mom's maiden last name was not my last name, it's long and people would have such a hard time pronouncing or spelling it).

And a lot of people I know hate their middle names. I like my middle name, I think it's pretty.

So yeah, I like my full name. :D.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom