Do you like Bono more as a lyricist or singer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rythemwire

The Fly
I would have to say a singer cause sometimes there are no words to explain what he emotes from his vocals:bono: for ex:

The song "BAD" I mean there is EMOTION more then anything else in that:heart:

I dunno, I mean, what's the point of a great singer if the lyrics s/he's singing are crap? I like Bono b/c he's great at both! :yes:

He's a great singer, but his lyrics touch me. But, on a bad day, there is nothing like hearing Bono's voice. I pretend he's singing to me. So, I guess I like him equally.

As a fan/songwriter, I like him in both areas bc i get a lot of my ideas for songs by reading his lyrics and his voice tho not the best in the world, is one of me faves!

It's tough to say. He's a great singer--to me--because he's such an evocative one. He's a great lyricist. Egads, what talent. Amazing. That's what makes him special.:drool: :drool: :heart: :mac: :evil: :censored:

I couldn't tell. :shrug: Bono'd be just half the man he is without either his singer-being or his songwriter-being.

That's a toughie because it's like you can't have one without the other! But if I had to pick, I would say that it's the lyrics. The man is a genius!

I think Bono is more a poet than a lyricist.
But hearing his voice just fills me up with so much emotion, I'm overflowing. It's more how he emotes the lyrics.
Both make a complete portrait.

I think it is the combination of the two that makes him so special. There are lots of singers with great voices, like Whitney Houston, that waste their talent on forgettable, cookie-cutter pop songs. Conversely, there are wonderful lyricists like Bob Dylan who can't sing their way out of a paper bag. And then you have Bono, who not only has a voice so beautiful it could make the angels weep but also writes lyrics that are really more like poetry.

I guess that's my long-winded way of saying I can't choose! :D

Scarletwine said:
I think Bono is more a poet than a lyricist.
But hearing his voice just fills me up with so much emotion, I'm overflowing. It's more how he emotes the lyrics.
Both make a complete portrait.

Agree with you 100%!!

Both! :) I think he's not only great at lyrics, but a poet and a singer who puts his heart and passion into what he can belt out. And also a man w/ a big heart ... and... :heart: ok I'll stick to the subject :sexywink:

my first ever post at PLEBA

my first ever post at PLEBA ;)

I have no doubts..if bono had written those songs and someone else would have sung it..i wouldnt have been that singer's fan unless his voice was decent but definitely the song writer's fan.

But Bono's voice is also very cool...listen to ELECTRICAL STORM if u dont believe it :shrug:

so

I like bono more as a lyricist. And he is one of the great singers as well..

what else do you baby...

and he looks sexy as well , you pleba girls might agree

:shame: :shame: to all PLEBA girls

;)

Re: my first ever post at PLEBA

AcrobatMan said:
my first ever post at PLEBA ;)

I have no doubts..if bono had written those songs and someone else would have sung it..i wouldnt have been that singer's fan unless his voice was decent but definitely the song writer's fan.

But Bono's voice is also very cool...listen to ELECTRICAL STORM if u dont believe it :shrug:

so

I like bono more as a lyricist. And he is one of the great singers as well..

what else do you baby...

and he looks sexy as well , you pleba girls might agree

:shame: :shame: to all PLEBA girls

;)
Oh oh oh AcroMan on PLEBA! :sexywink: Will there be more posts of that kind? Especially the 'And he looks sexy as well'-part??? :lmao:

Bono's shades said:
I think it is the combination of the two that makes him so special. There are lots of singers with great voices, like Whitney Houston, that waste their talent on forgettable, cookie-cutter pop songs. Conversely, there are wonderful lyricists like Bob Dylan who can't sing their way out of a paper bag. And then you have Bono, who not only has a voice so beautiful it could make the angels weep but also writes lyrics that are really more like poetry.

Perfect. Nicely put. Agree 100%.

Me? Don?t ask me to choose...;)

Back
Top Bottom