Do you believe in love? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Do you believe in love?
Yes. 28 87.50%
No. 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:05 PM
Normal Do you believe in love?

I don't.

Love hurts. I'm still not over the breakup of my girlfriend three months and two days ago. Either love hurts or the thing that you call 'love' is just a pain in the ass - but I don't think there is even a feeling called love, but it's just a passing emotion, same as when you think you are sleepy but when you go to bed you lie awake for hours or when you think you want chocolate but the moment you touch it and it gets sticky under your fingertips you wonder why you wanted it in the first place. Chocolate dwarfs melting in the sun. Dreams vanishing into thin air. Nothing lasts forever. Or like Gavin had sung once upon a time...'our love will last forever - until the day it dies'.

What about you?

Old 04-17-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:05 PM
I've had some bad luck with men. I dated a real hole. We broke up. If we hadn't I would have become an abused woman. It was ugly. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:59 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I've had some bad luck with men. I dated a real hole. We broke up. If we hadn't I would have become an abused woman. It was ugly. But it doesn't have to be that way.
I'm glad you're out of that ...

I don't know... sometimes I don't believe in love... I'm in a weird relationship now
Old 04-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 02:05 PM
21 years ago I wasn't looking for love.. wasn't particularly interested in love I was feeling quite self sufficent and happy, then one evening due to persuasion of my friends I agreed to let this guy called sammy leave me home, Sammy was the local DJ.. use to do the discos for the local youthclub ect I went to

He and a bit crazy, harmless but nuts.. I mean I would run across the other side of the road to avoide him.. cos he use to chase girls and grab them messing about.. don't ask me what made me agree to let him walk me home that night, I was 18 and he was 26.. there were a hundred reasons why it wouldnt work out.. but to cut a long story short I fell in love with him a year later I married him.. and 21 years and three kids on.. we are still crazy mad in love with each other.. even more now than we were at the beginning... don't ask me to explain it cos I can't I don't know where these feelings of love come from I just know they are there we are really sickening.. we always tell each other I love you, we still hold hands when we go out... cuddle on the sofa ....lie in bed and can talk and laugh hours.. till our kids tell us to shut up cos they need to get some sleep ... and we have occasionally smooched in our living room to U2 songs
so I guess if two people are really right for each other and want to be together more than anything else and don't let anything get in the way.. Love can work
Old 04-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #5

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Yes I believe in love....but not like romeo and juliette....I don't believe in love at first sight, but I do believe in the fairytale romance, it just takes a lot of work on both ends,it's something you both have to want.

After 8 years together with my husband I am more in love with him now than I was when I first fell in love with him. He is my best friend in the whole world! I still have a huge crush on him, we still hold hands, and makeout like teenagers, and say I love you to each other at least 10 times a day. He still gives me butterflies in the pit of my stomach. He is the love of my life!
Old 04-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm happy for you, gals.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Yep. Just had my 7 year wedding anniversary this week.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:01 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
s to those who have been in crappy relationships, and to those whose relationships are going strong.

I know it can be hard sometimes to believe in love when you look at all the relationships in this world falling apart and everything. But...I dunno...I personally still do believe in it. I think there's somebody out there for each and every person, and even if you don't find your romantic soulmate, I believe you can find a friend soulmate, if that makes any sense. And as pointed out, if both people work at it, they can have a beautiful, long-lasting relationship.

Heh, all this from a girl who's only had one boyfriend in her entire life, and is single at this moment and time......

Angela
Old 04-17-2004, 08:09 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

2 votes for no, must be me and FS

Sorry I had to vote no. Maybe because my marriage turned out sour. Maybe because everyone I see isn't happy, in real life, on TV, even stars, and real people yelling and going to counseling and getting divorced. I think there is something to it but it never lasts. Maybe for Bono and Ali and a few others but not most.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:20 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
s to those who have been in crappy relationships, and to those whose relationships are going strong.

I know it can be hard sometimes to believe in love when you look at all the relationships in this world falling apart and everything. But...I dunno...I personally still do believe in it. I think there's somebody out there for each and every person, and even if you don't find your romantic soulmate, I believe you can find a friend soulmate, if that makes any sense. And as pointed out, if both people work at it, they can have a beautiful, long-lasting relationship.

Actually, it makes alot of sense to me - even if you don't have romantic love in your life, there are other forms of love - love for your family, kids, friends and pets (yes, I think pets count too )

As for me, I don't think I've ever been really romantically in love yet . . . but I do believe it's possible
Old 04-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Yes, why not? There is love of many kinds, I love music and is a deep love, also exists the possibility of finding someone special... maybe
Old 04-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
kellyahern, yeah, pets definitely count, I agree. . Glad we're on the same page with that.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
2 votes for no, must be me and FS

Sorry I had to vote no. Maybe because my marriage turned out sour. Maybe because everyone I see isn't happy, in real life, on TV, even stars, and real people yelling and going to counseling and getting divorced. I think there is something to it but it never lasts. Maybe for Bono and Ali and a few others but not most.

Well, hey, as I said earlier, there's many kinds of love out there, and for what it's worth, I'd put you in the friendship love category. .

Angela
Old 04-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

...I voted earlier today and never replied. Whoops.

Anyway, yes, I believe in love, but not love at first sight. Also, no love is perfect... no two people are perfectly compatible, I think. I also think life would be awfully boring if everything went exactly how you want it to.
Of course, I'm only a year into my first real relationship, but I know that I'm happier than I've ever been. Maybe that counts for something
Old 04-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Of course I believe in love. Love doesn't just refer to being in love with a significant other. I love my family. I love my friends. Without their love, I'd literally be dead.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-18-2004, 07:11 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
kellyahern, yeah, pets definitely count, I agree. . Glad we're on the same page with that.

Well, hey, as I said earlier, there's many kinds of love out there, and for what it's worth, I'd put you in the friendship love category. .

Angela
Thanks

Right, friends and pets count as love too
Old 04-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wow, Kitty and me.

s to everyone, it makes sense what you said....nice to think that there is a significant other somewhere on the world for you.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I answered yes. I believe in a religion that is based on love. I think of love as God's manifestation in creation as a way we can relate. Without God, there would be nothing and without love, there is no purpose to be a part of His creation.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:46 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:05 AM
Sometimes I don't, only because I've seen so few examples of true [romantic] love around me. But I try to tell myself only because I don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, right? Anyhoo, until I find it, I think I have more than enough love around me from family and friends and God who created me and loves me unconditionally.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #19
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:05 AM
I believe in love.

I was in my 20's and thought I was never going to fall in love. It all changed when I met Mr fah. We've been together almost 16 years and I am so in love with him and he with me.

He loves me, respects me, honours me, trusts me and laughs at my jokes (which aren't always funny).
Old 04-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Heh, all this from a girl who's only had one boyfriend in her entire life, and is single at this moment and time......

Angela
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I answered yes. I believe in a religion that is based on love. I think of love as God's manifestation in creation as a way we can relate. Without God, there would be nothing and without love, there is no purpose to be a part of His creation.
You gals said it I agree with you 100%

Haven't got much to add, except for this from 1. Corinthians, 13:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love