Do the guys play video games?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flossymay

The Fly
I thought I read somewhere that they did. My oldest son plays on Xbox Live all the time (Halo 3, what else?) and it made me wonder if they were ever on there.

I know it's mentioned in U2 By U2 that they all got addicted to Space Invaders when they toured America for the first time in 1980. I think they said they'd stop at a truck stop, eat a quick meal, and then waste the rest of the time with the arcade machines :lol:

It seems likely that they've all spent time gaming, though I dunno if any of them has had the time or inclination to be hardcore gamers. I could certainly see Edge playing nerdy Zelda or Final Fantasy type games though :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I know it's mentioned in U2 By U2 that they all got addicted to Space Invaders when they toured America for the first time in 1980. I think they said they'd stop at a truck stop, eat a quick meal, and then waste the rest of the time with the arcade machines :lol:

Bono said he was playing a video game when he heard John Lennon had been murdered.

I remember reading a cool story a couple of years ago about a techie guy travelling on tour with U2. He had to fix a PC or something for Bono and ended up playing a video game with him which he said was an awesome experience :lol: Can't remember what the game was or who won but I think he said Bono was pretty good.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

It seems likely that they've all spent time gaming, though I dunno if any of them has had the time or inclination to be hardcore gamers. I could certainly see Edge playing nerdy Zelda or Final Fantasy type games though :wink:

:angry: NERDY Zelda??

:tsk: I'm not talking to YOU anymore...

humph! Edge can play zelda vs me anytime!

I remember reading a story about a video game the guys had invested in, or one of their companies invested in, and Adam making a comment after playing it. For the life of me though I can't remember what it was.

Zoobaby14 said:
Isnt Bono's elevation partners investors in the "Grand Theft Auto" game?

Might be a hint :huh:

I think you mean the Mercenairies game series by Pandemic Studios.

I stand corrected if it is the GTAgames though :drool: :drool:

waynetravis said:

I think that's it. Also didn't they invest in Eidos Studios that makes the Tomb Raider series?

I'm certain that I've read that Bono has an Xbox somewhere, which is not unlikely since he and Bill Gates are quite close friends. (I think? :huh: )

According to the Achtoons Larry is very fond of GTA Vice City.

0204b.jpg

Larry, Edge and Bono all have sons and daughters, so it's very probable that they've taken a few minutes to play video games with their children. Sometimes it's a nice way for parents and children to connect.

(My Dad: "It's moving too fast!! My old eyes aren't fast enough to play these...")

:laugh:

Edge just can't master Guitar Hero

Bono tries the American Idol Karaoke Game but can't remember the words

Greenlight said:
I remember reading a cool story a couple of years ago about a techie guy travelling on tour with U2. He had to fix a PC or something for Bono and ended up playing a video game with him which he said was an awesome experience :lol: Can't remember what the game was or who won but I think he said Bono was pretty good.

I remember that story, too. I think it might have been the Geek Squad and they said they helped Bono hook up his Xbox and then played with him for a while. I remember thinking, "Plugging in an Xbox isn't THAT hard!" Oh well. I guess when you're a rock star, you can have people figure things like that out for you. :wink:

Rachel D. said:

I remember that story, too. I think it might have been the Geek Squad and they said they helped Bono hook up his Xbox and then played with him for a while. I remember thinking, "Plugging in an Xbox isn't THAT hard!" Oh well. I guess when you're a rock star, you can have people figure things like that out for you. :wink:

You would think, but I've known brain surgeons who couldn't get rid of the flashing clock on their VCR's much less hook up a game system. I once had a cable installer ask me to come rewire his system at home because I had two VCR's and a TV hooked up with a cable box and had switches so that I could get every possible signal path out of the devices. He replaced all my splitters with better quality ones and tested all the signal strengths on every path without charging me extra like he was supposed to.

Dana

waynetravis said:

Oh ok.

I hate video games i really have no clue what they are called, Grand theft Auto is the only one i like :lol:

Rachel D. said:

I remember thinking, "Plugging in an Xbox isn't THAT hard!" :wink:

This /is/ Bono we're talking about here. He can't even dress himself without creating major migraine headaches. :grin:

waynetravis said:

Mercenaires!!!:drool: the game were the players come to Venezuela to derrocate President Chavez :yippie: :yippie:

You should see all the waves that chavez supporters made here because of that game! :lmao:

I read somewhere that Bono's inspiration for the song Kite was when he and his kids tried flying one on the beach on day, gave up, and went to play video games.

Back
Top Bottom