Do the boys have pets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is one with Larry and one of his dogs by a jukebox...

I don't think we've had any confirmation of pets in the past few years though :(

Someone recently posted a pic of Bono walking two of his dogs, but I can't remember which thread it was in. (It was just a general picture thread, I think.) This looked as if it was taken in New York. I've also seen pics of his two dogs in Ireland, sitting at his front gate. These were different dogs from the other two, and appeared to be either German or Belgian Sheppards. Someone here also said Edge has a cat, but I'm no Edge expert so I can't remember the details. Larry had a dog J.J., but it died. No reason to imagine it wasn't replaced. Adam? Who knows about that man of mystery?

biff said:
Someone recently posted a pic of Bono walking two of his dogs, but I can't remember which thread it was in. (It was just a general picture thread, I think.) This looked as if it was taken in New York. I've also seen pics of his two dogs in Ireland, sitting at his front gate. These were different dogs from the other two, and appeared to be either German or Belgian Sheppards. Someone here also said Edge has a cat, but I'm no Edge expert so I can't remember the details. Larry had a dog J.J., but it died. No reason to imagine it wasn't replaced. Adam? Who knows about that man of mystery?

Yes, I posted that pic. I have it somewhere. Give me a sec and I'll post it.

walkingdogshalloween.jpg

Good one, Niamh, Thanks! I love the white dog with the ball in its mouth.

Edited to add: Bono in SNEAKERS! A rare sight indeed.:wink:

Last edited:
whats with the girl in the skeleton costume in the background of bono walking his dogs? :eyebrow:
youd think if it was halloween bono would be home with his kids or doing something fun. apparently some people like to dress up when its not halloween :shrug:
:D its weird to see bono not in platforms. lol

Flavia, any info on that pic or who it's credited to? I don't like to speculate but my first impression is that that doesn't really look like Bono maybe Pop Bono in disguise?).

I have been proven wrong before though! I'd always thought the stories about Bono's shepherds were rumors until that other pic was posted in another thread.

It really looks like him to me, not only facially, but also the build: the short legs, the posture.:shrug: Who knows? If it is him, and I feel it is, then poor guy, goes out as heavily incognito as possible, just to walk the dogs, and gets photographed anyway (probably by someone staking out his apartment?)

u2bonogirl said:
whats with the girl in the skeleton costume in the background of bono walking his dogs? :eyebrow:
youd think if it was halloween bono would be home with his kids or doing something fun. apparently some people like to dress up when its not halloween :shrug:
:D its weird to see bono not in platforms. lol

I've saved that pic somewhere too and the properties said it WAS actually on halloween, but I don't know where it was.

If it was in NY, i'd doubt the fact that it would be his dogs though.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Flavia, any info on that pic or who it's credited to? I don't like to speculate but my first impression is that that doesn't really look like Bono maybe Pop Bono in disguise?).

I have been proven wrong before though! I'd always thought the stories about Bono's shepherds were rumors until that other pic was posted in another thread.

I came across this pic a long time ago and don't really remember a lot about it. I think it only said that it was Bono walking around with his dogs in NY. That's all. :shrug:

I'm just sceptical 'cus I've seen guys walking around my neighborhood that looks as much like Bono as that guy. That guys actually looks just like my brother would look if he wore that outfit.

I sincerely doubt that a) Bono would walk his dogs alone in public b) do so on Halloween (instead of something else) and c) do so in NYC.

Bono does a lot of things alone in public; he shuns the whole idea of bodyguards and entourages, and is often seen wandering about on his own. (The last couple of times he was in my hometown he was spotted walking around by himself.)
Why not Hallowe'en over any other night? I don't believe the Irish have the same tradition concerning Hallowe'en as North Americans have.
And why not NY? He's had a home there for years and is known to spend a considerable amount of time there.
I don't think any of it's unbelievable.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Hello, he's wearing sunglasses at night!! Not many people other than rock stars do that :lmao:

*just my humble observation :reject:

I'll give ya that one, Beth! If it is Bono, my guess would be Pop Bono (his face looks leaner and clean shaven and he wore hats facing frontwards during Pop anyway).

I think it is bono but he defintely could of walked by me and I wouldn't have recognized him but I might have said oooohhh doggies and then realized and shit quicker than the dogs. Slightly over the top there but probably true.

Why would anyone bother to fly big dogs across the ocean just for a few days in the big city? :huh: I can't see that he'd leave 2 dogs alone in the apt. for the majority of the year either :shrug:

If I had pets and I toured... or if I just like a couple dogs... I would take them with me :D But then again... they might get in the way... oh well.

Why would they be alone in an apartment? They could be living with someone when he's not around. Lots of wealthy people keep homes in many different cities, and keep pets at each. Money can take care of anything. I bet they have a better life than most people.
Remember, we're talking about someone who's very, very rich (even though most of the time he looks like a little ragamuffin!:wink: ).

Last edited:
Leeloo said:
Why would anyone bother to fly big dogs across the ocean just for a few days in the big city? :huh: I can't see that he'd leave 2 dogs alone in the apt. for the majority of the year either :shrug:

Yeah, the Manhattan SPCA would be all over that! *watches too much Animal Precinct*

I just think power of suggestion is winning the day here. Sure, it looks like Bono, but it also looks just like my boyfriend, my brother, a man I saw at the beach that kinda looked like Bono.....

Back
Top Bottom