Didn’t someone get coffee with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
A while back I remember reading something about Bono going to get coffee with some fans that were waiting for his autograph. Does anyone remember that? Could someone either post the story here or point me in the direction of that thread?

Thanks

I'll have to read that thread again, but I don't remember reading what they talked about while they were getting coffee.

Achtung_Bebe said:
Well I just found this thread from 2002 where she posts her full story.

I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I link to it... although I wouldn't feel right providing her picture here, Galeongirl, maybe you could e-mail her for it :shrug:

http://forum.interference.com/showt...age=15&highlight=coffee AND Bono&pagenumber=2

wow that's one amazing essay!
I am reading it now... and being blown away how good that girl can put her(and most other U2fans) feelings into words.... I envy that ability since I suck in that..

guh... :shocked:
her story is AMAZING!
now.. I need some breathe...

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
wow that's one amazing essay!
I am reading it now... and being blown away how good that girl can put her(and most other U2fans) feelings into words.... I envy that ability since I suck in that..

guh... :shocked:
her story is AMAZING!
now.. I need some breathe...

yes I know, I wish I were more articulate sometimes, too--when it comes to expressing my feelings about this band, I tend to sound more like a rambling fool than anything else :der: :coocoo:

She wrote a very nice story indeed!

:ohmy: I hadn't heard that story til now. And to culminate it last year with being pulled up in Toronto :applaud:

And I loved her essay as well... Only another U2 fan can understand the :love: we share for the band

I read that essay on "The U2 Obsession Explained". Very well done.

And for what it's worth, I don't think U2 will ever fade away. Bono's gob will make sure of that!! No, when U2 go out, it'll be with a big bang. Like jumping down the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle.

Last edited:
Wow, what a surprise to run into this thread! :happy:

Thank you all for your nice comments about my writing. When I am inspired by the topic, I can blather on at quite a rate! :lmao: I haven't read that essay since the last time I posted it, so it was quite a trip down memory lane. I had a great laugh.

I will post the picture (it is dreadful - It was taken with a disposable and the flash wasn't working too well. I was very red and had just closed my mouth from smiling so I look really strange, but at least Bono looks good) and the autographs. If you still can't see it, I'd be happy to email it. :)

CoffeewB.jpg

cover.jpg

inside.jpg

:shocked:
oh jaaaaaysoes... you and him look gorgeous both! yes I am speaking gramatically incorrect... I know..
how did you feel when you sat in his lap there?
damn you all, I want to meet him too! :wink:

Galeongirl said:
:shocked:
oh jaaaaaysoes... you and him look gorgeous both! yes I am speaking gramatically incorrect... I know..
how did you feel when you sat in his lap there?
damn you all, I want to meet him too! :wink:

Awww, thanks! :)

I was in an absolute state of shock, but also completely calm, as is how most people feel when they meet him. What a guy!

I'm sure your time will come. :yes:

chyland said:
It was Vancouver, April 2005

Not sure what this is in reference is to? :confused: Or was that Bono going out for coffee with another group of fans?

oh I hope my time will come ^^
the only thing vancouver sticks in my mind was during Yahweh, at one of the shows.. Bono made a mistake.. he pulled up a wrong girl.. she couldn't keep her hands off him... kept grabbing his arse.... and he didn't like that! but he stayed polite and got her offstage again...

ah dang.. I had the video of the vancouver thingy... but I have deleted it..
all I remember of it that it was really embarrassing to see, and poor Bono stayed extremely polite to the girl, and she wouldn't listen! some people.. :tsk:

it was vancouver 29-04-05
here you can see some a of the grabby woman..
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/tour...tigo Tour/2005-04-29 - Vancouver/KIF_0232.jpg
the link for the vid isn't working anymore... maybe the webmaster of Bonoonline still has it.. but that's where I got the vid from

I have the clip from Vancouver if you want it - lemme know...
She came up during Yahweh, and Bono even says it's not the right song :tsk:

Lila64 said:
I have the clip from Vancouver if you want it - lemme know...
She came up during Yahweh, and Bono even says it's not the right song :tsk:

Could you please post that clip?

Thanks for uploading that Lila :hug:

Does that girl get the prize for least amount of time spent on stage by a dancing girl?

Lila64 said:
http://s24.you send it .com/d.aspx?id=12RN96VXND1MK367HF7Q3OR6UA

el oh freakin el :lmao:

That was a great video.. superb quality. Too bad she had to act like a goof and mess it up. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what Bono was saying after she left the stage? I heard "Be gentle" but I can't make out the rest :scratch:

Galeongirl said:

thank you :bow:
that video is a good example against people who say he's aarrogant and egocentric.. and it shows how much of a gentleman he is, even when he shouldn't be!
He is, he's such a gentleman :cute: After watching the video again, I realized security pulled her down pretty quickly after she tried to kiss him. I thought she'd given up on her own, but you hear them yelling at her and she gets yanked away from him. He says "Be gentle now, bye darlin" etc.

I've got a Smash Hits magazine from 1984 when some girl in Manchester pinched his bum after a show then, so it's really nothing new for him :wink:

no, its really not. its not like he's never had excessive female attention before... with his skin-tight leather pants and crotch thrusting, he's isn't a fool. :)

Back
Top Bottom