Did You Donate to the TributetoHeroes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
We were all impressed by the stars that came out for the wonderful "Tribue to Heroes" telethon. Egos were tossed aside as people like Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, Whoopi Goldberg, Jim Carrey, Halle Berry, Robin Williams, Calista Flockhart, Tom Cruise, Lucy Liu, Al Pacino, Cindy Crawford, George Clooney, John Cusack, Benicio Del Toro, Sally Field, Danny DeVito, etc., either spoke on air and/or simply accepted donations over the phones.

Big name music stars like Bruce Springsteen, U2, Dave Matthews, Stevie Wonder, Tom Petty, Faith Hill, Sting, Wyclef Jean, Celine Dion, Willie Nelson, etc., sang their hearts and lungs out as they performed from around the globe.

On Interference, we all praised U2's performance. Bono's scratchy yet heartfelt and powerful vocals that night only added to the sincerity and angst of that evening. Tears were brought to my eyes numerous times as I heard the sorrow-filled, passionate pleas and performances. Even more touching were the accounts of real people, the real heroes, risking - and at times, losing - their lives to save another.

If you were as deeply moved as I was and still am, I ask that you please contribute to United Way by visiting the Tribute to Heroes website and donating what you can.

I know many of you have already donated money, time, clothing and/or food to the victims of this horrible tragedy. I ask that you dig just a bit deeper. On this forum, I have read posts from people willing to spend $300 on a pair of GA tickets. Take $10, $20 even $30 of the money you would have used for scalped tickets and please send it to the United Way. Do you really need that extra U2 T-shirt? Why not use put that money to better use? Do you really need to see U2 two, three or four times this tour? Why not sacrifice one concert and donate those funds?

I wonder how many of the people who died in this tragedy were U2 fans. How many had planned on seeing U2 on this segment of the tour - but now will never get that chance? How many families and friends were planning to see a U2 concert with their loved ones only to be robbed of the opportunity to do so? How many never got the chance to say "goodbye, I love you"?

Please be generous. Again, that link is Tribute to Heroes. If you don't have a credit card, you can donate via regular mail.

God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom