Did You Celebrate Bono's Birthday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, this was the first time I actually remembered it was his birthday before 12:00 on the 11th so I was real excited

anyway

the plan was, wear my vertigo shirt, go to the blood drive, eat the cake I bought (well share the cake I bought), listen to my entire U2 collection

Here's what really happened,

Vertigo shirt was wet, so I wore my rattle and hum shirt, sleeves were long, so I had to take it off and put on the nifty blood donor shirt they gave me instead, and my arm hurt to bad to change back into the rattle and hum shirt,

still had the cake though, but forgot to take a before picture, so here's and after

bonosbday.jpg

and then when I got home, I fell asleep until ten pm, woke up, realized I hadn't finished the U2 movie yet, finished it at 11:45, and uploaded it, and by the time I actually could've listened to anymore U2 it was already Thursday, so I was pissed, cause I didn't even get through one album

but altogether it was a fantastic day

kellyahern said:
:lol:

http://suda.co.uk/projects/holidays/

My birthday is also:
International Bird Day

International Feng Shui Awareness Day

and my favorite, National Empanada Day

:wave:

hey mine, too:ohmy: hehehe empanada's!:drool:

on may 10th i was in my room being sad about my ipod not working and my cousin came in and said, "aren't we gonna sing happy birthday to one of your magazine covers and put a candle on a cineman bun?" and i was like "maybe later, now go away" and then my mom got home and she came to my room and asked "aren't we gonna sing happy birthday to bono?"
hahahahahaha my family knows me too well! kinda pathetic but it's like a tradition. me and my cousin (who is a huge fan as well) always fight about who is gonna blow out the candle. i know that sounds really lame but... whatever, it's my life i'll do what i want.

geegeelovesadam said:
I spent it in the most Bono way I could think of: telling people about DATA/One, and making a total dork of myself in public (although not simultaneously).

I also wore my special U2 pants (a pair of jeans that I decorated with a bunch of U2 lyrics and references), blue shades, and my home-made CoeXisT shirt that also says "Give Peace a Chance" on the back.

omg! did you print out the DATA Action Kit? i did that and people where jerks about wanting to listen to me. i only got 15 people to sign up.
but today i did get an award from my english teacher. he spent several years living in Africa as a missionary. my senior research paper thesis is"what the most effective way that the west can help fight AIDS in Africa is." and i have written papers and have had discusions in class before about it. so he presented me with the Champion of Character Award. i felt honored! it really meant a lot to me. in fact it made my day! my week, maybe.

he doesn't agree with me a lot of the time so he is pushing me to really dig for answers, and it's great. i brought him an mp3 of bono's prayer breakfast speech and he was moved by it.

I had this conversation with my mom:
Me: Did you have a cake for Bono??
Mom: Um. No...?
Me: You didn't have a cake for Bono?! :madwife:
Mom: I'm sorry :huh: I had a cookie, does that count?
Me: Only if the cookie had a candle in it and said "Happy birthday Bono" :madwife:
Mom: Sorry :|
Me: Well you have until Edge's birthday to be better prepared :grumpy:

Ahahaha.. my family's gonna have me locked up soon :coocoo:

kafrun said:
I had this conversation with my mom:
Me: Did you have a cake for Bono??
Mom: Um. No...?
Me: You didn't have a cake for Bono?! :madwife:
Mom: I'm sorry :huh: I had a cookie, does that count?
Me: Only if the cookie had a candle in it and said "Happy birthday Bono" :madwife:
Mom: Sorry :|
Me: Well you have until Edge's birthday to be better prepared :grumpy:

Ahahaha.. my family's gonna have me locked up soon :coocoo:

I hope we'll all be locked up in the same place, cos my family and friends think I'm :coocoo:

But I have to say that it was a good choice to go to the U2 concert with my mother last summer as ever since that she's had a little bit of a crush on Bono! :giggle: Meeting the man didn't hurt either...

^ :lol:, that's good, but not nearly as good as my birthday!

Friday, March 31st 2006 Bunsen Burner Day
Careful not to burn yourself
P1D Friday, March 31st 2006 Oranges and Lemon Day

Nice - huh? :wink:

Total U2 Nut said:
Bunsen Burner Day

I'll definately write this day in my calender and celebrate it next year! :nerd:

:lmao: Bunsen Burner Day! :lmao:

That link is funny!

I got World Tourism Day -- Today the world is on Holiday, be sure to lock your doors. (How's that Franz Ferdinand song go "It's always better on holiday!" Amen! :wink:)

And my husband got Public Sleeping Day -- A public holiday devoted to sleeping. :lol:

zooperson said:

omg! did you print out the DATA Action Kit? i did that and people where jerks about wanting to listen to me. i only got 15 people to sign up.
but today i did get an award from my english teacher. he spent several years living in Africa as a missionary. my senior research paper thesis is"what the most effective way that the west can help fight AIDS in Africa is." and i have written papers and have had discusions in class before about it. so he presented me with the Champion of Character Award. i felt honored! it really meant a lot to me. in fact it made my day! my week, maybe.

he doesn't agree with me a lot of the time so he is pushing me to really dig for answers, and it's great. i brought him an mp3 of bono's prayer breakfast speech and he was moved by it.

No, didn't print out the kit... I was lacking printer paper.

Congrats on your award!

:shifty:

funny thing...every u2 birthday i buy a little cheese cake for my self and sit down with a bono/u2 book and CD, well this time its different cause well my mom told his/Adams/Alis hair dresser this..now his hair dresser is going to tell him that i buy cake and have myself a little party, im just a little embarrassed but i will still party on his birthday:laugh:

170522.jpg

it says happy b-day bono!!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
What's an empanada?

My birthday is September 11. 'Nuf said.

They're Argentinian, aren't they?? Yum!! :dance:

1122588036_0.jpg

Tuesday, June 27th 2006
P1D Tuesday, June 27th 2006 National Columnists Day
Write your own letter to the editor, because today everyone can be a columnist.
P1D Tuesday, June 27th 2006 National Orange Blossom Day
Wednesday, June 28th 2006

^My bday.. fun!!! :laugh:

I pinned a Bono pic to my school sweater and had someone ask me why was it there for :lol: and teachers look at me in a weird way :madspit: I was also thinking about him all day long... well, that's not a new thing anyway!! :tongue: :D

Tuesday, July 4th 2006

July 4th 2006 National Country Music Day

If you like it or not, be sure to listen to some country music today.:barf:

oh its a uk site:lmao: no wonder there was no mention of Independence day:lmao:

Sunday, July 23rd 2006

P1D Sunday, July 23rd 2006 Ice Cream Cone Day

P1D Sunday, July 23rd 2006 National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
Less than a week after national ice cream day, have another bowl, but make sure this one's Vanilla.

My friend and I baked a cake then ate it in philosophy class...I thought that was quite fitting

Back
Top Bottom