Did You Celebrate Bono's Birthday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent it in the most Bono way I could think of: telling people about DATA/One, and making a total dork of myself in public (although not simultaneously).

I also wore my special U2 pants (a pair of jeans that I decorated with a bunch of U2 lyrics and references), blue shades, and my home-made CoeXisT shirt that also says "Give Peace a Chance" on the back.

Merc said:

Hey, congrats Lies! :D:up: So, what's next? Do you have a job or have you started looking for one? :)

And no, I did not celebrate Bono's birthday in any way... :shrug:

I have my current job (4 years running...) and housing arrangement through August. Phil and I are looking for jobs in southern Florida and/or Tanzania. We're going to Florida in two weeks for interviews and such. :hyper:

I sang happy Birthday a couple times.....to my son (he turned 20 today and I called him TWENTY times hahahahaha! I had an ice cream sandwich and pretended it was Bono birthday cake. I looked at Bono pics and wondered what he and Jojo are doing today to celebrate their day.....and I am going to watch the Chicago dvd in a few mins.

LivLuv, congrats on finishing College! That must feel like quite an accomplishment! Good luck with the move now. :hug:

I made my friends at school say happy birthday to him. But I couldn't make them sing :madspit:
And then when I got home, me and Mum had a big Irish Creme cheesecake and fudge, and crisps, and wine, and watched Rattle & Hum :up:
It was awesum :dance:

arw9797 said:
:huh:

today is not some sort of international holiday. It's Bono's birthday. :shrug: Seems kind of silly to me to make a big deal about it.

***wow....I know you get sick of Bono..but really dont rain on our parade or burst our bubble....I hope you celebrate Edgys birthday in your own special way.."I wont judge you"!!!!

tiny dancer said:
We had a Birthday party at work for someone else who shares Bono's day. So went it came to sing Happy Birthday,I sang Bono's name instead. :wink:

omg!! funniest thing ever!!:lmao:

BonoFox1 said:

***wow....I know you get sick of Bono..but really dont rain on our parade or burst our bubble....I hope you celebrate Edgys birthday in your own special way.."I wont judge you"!!!!

just shout "vertigo buzz" at all the party poopers...:shifty:

:wink:

arw9797 said:
:huh:

today is not some sort of international holiday. It's Bono's birthday. :shrug:

What? The tenth of May isn't an international holiday? :ohmy:

We'll have to work on that. :wink:

Edit: I played a few U2 songs and posted in the Pleba party threads. Just another typical day for me. :wink:

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

I really hope you aren't serious.

I also hope that you do have a sense of humor. :|

I kissed a photo of Bono I have in my bedroom & told him Happy Birthday. I saw him mentioned on Entertainment Tonight & my husband--said Ok look it's Bono's birthday. (Like I didn't already know) :wink:

Bono's Doll said:
I kissed a photo of Bono I have in my bedroom & told him Happy Birthday. I saw him mentioned on Entertainment Tonight & my husband--said Ok look it's Bono's birthday. (Like I didn't already know) :wink:

:coocoo:

kidding :wink:

I drank beer last night - can that count as celebrating?

^ :lol:

I did absolutely nothing. Apart from telling my friends it was his b-day repeatedly until everytime I mentioned it, they got the "glazed look" which told me that they didn't care :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I have my current job (4 years running...) and housing arrangement through August. Phil and I are looking for jobs in southern Florida and/or Tanzania. We're going to Florida in two weeks for interviews and such. :hyper:

Best of luck to both of you! :yes:

I like the "...and/or Tanzania"-part though! :lol: It would be so cool if you got a job there! :up:

If you do, I hope you wouldn't mind having a fellow IF-girl dropping in to say Hello or Sasa? :wink: I'd love to visit Tanzania when I take my next tour of East Africa! ::D

I actually was in Chicago, going to the taping of the Conan O'Brien show there. (It was hillarious bytheway,,and I didn't know Conan could play the guitar amazingly well!!?) But anyways, I thought about it everytime I saw his birthdate on the printed ticket.
While going through Marshall Fields through downtown Chicago, I went to the men fragrance counter and sprayed myself with Bulgary BLV fragrance in his honor, so felt I could "smell" him all over. yeah, it's nutty. sorry.
On the way home my daughter and I picked our favorite U2 songs and listened to them full blast, and of course talked about the man of the hour.

Merc said:

Best of luck to both of you! :yes:

I like the "...and/or Tanzania"-part though! :lol: It would be so cool if you got a job there! :up:

If you do, I hope you wouldn't mind having a fellow IF-girl dropping in to say Hello or Sasa? :wink: I'd love to visit Tanzania when I take my next tour of East Africa! ::D

Haha yeah, you gotta keep the doors open, you know? Of course you'd be welcome anytime! In fact, I have a mind to crash Babydoll's place this summer! She's gone back to TZ and I never got to see Dar/the coast while I was there. I suppose I should say any of East Africa would do, but I particularly enjoy the diversity of Tanzania that they are able to maintain in peace and have been the most peaceful nation in Africa. They have an even split of Christians vs. Muslims, yet they don't have all these wars on terrorism and jihad like the US is (supposedly) engaged in. It's funny how in the West we think of their culture as so backward and primitive, yet they've never had to deal with issues like institutional racism, unequal employment and compensation of women, etc. that we in the West are still sorting out even in our legislation. Anyway, enough of that.

you are absolutely right about the peaceful living though, i was just talking to my parents about it today, about how people here manage to live in complete harmony with each other, despite having so many differences in both religion and lifestyle.

btw, bono HAS been to tanzania! ;)

I spent the afternoon at the vein clinic, having sclerotherapy injections in my right calf, while listening to CDs of the 9/20/05 Chicago show I was lucky enough to attend. Then I went home and took a nap. Does that count? :rolleyes:

MsPurrl said:
I spent the afternoon at the vein clinic, having sclerotherapy injections in my right calf, while listening to CDs of the 9/20/05 Chicago show I was lucky enough to attend. Then I went home and took a nap. Does that count? :rolleyes:

:yikes: Ouch!!

That sounds painful... you deserve some chocolate cake!

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom