Did u know about this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laney_82

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If this has been post before sorry!!:(

// Rick Rubin about producing U2
In september 2006 producer Rick Rubin spent some time with U2 in Abbey Road studios working on 'Window in the Skies' and 'The Saints are Coming', and he seems to be the prime candidate to produce the next U2 album.

In this month's issue of Q Magazine Rubin says the following about working with U2:

U2 are four individuals who each have very strong opinions: sometimes similar and sometimes very different. All of them bring something very specific to the table.

Larry has a very strong voice, he's probably the most grounded in the band. He's got a lot of opinions and, more often than not, he's right.

And if you hear the way the music is going before Adam plays and then hear it when he plays, it's very different. He brings a whole color to the sound that's one of the defining elements of U2.

And to define Edge by one guitar sound would really be doing him a disservice - he's constantly looking for something new.

When we worked in Abbey Road the spirits were very much up. They seemed to really like each other, really trust each other and really know each other.

I tried to get them to do something that, historically, they don't do so much: work on songs before recording them. It was a fun experience for me, to see if, tentatively, we could work together on a whole album. I think it'll be great.

And in a CNN article about Rubin it says that his dream job is to make a full album with U2.

So although nothing has been confirmed yet it seems more than likely that Rick Rubin will produce the new U2 album.

rickrubinu2producerus2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom