did edge skip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
If edge is a year younger then bono then why is he in the same grad pic as him? Did he skip a grade?

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Ohh, I thought you meant skip, like the verb.

*feels like a nerd for being so into grammar lately*

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct pronoun.

Originally posted by Lilly:

lol
I can just see him skipping now-but this thread isnt about skipping so does anyone know the answer?

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Originally posted by RavenStar:
lol
I can just see him skipping now-but this thread isnt about skipping so does anyone know the answer?

LOL I though the SAME thing!!!
smile.gif
*skip*

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

What happened was this:

Edge had to leave school early to be with the band. He took his finals and recieved what was called a 'leaving cerificate' which is something they have in Ireland that I don't understand, but apparently it is better than dropping out but not as good as a real diploma. Larry ended up getting one too, I'm not sure when. Adam was kicked out for streaking, leaving Bono as the only member with an actual high school diploma. They went far in the world, that's all that matters!

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
What happened was this:

Edge had to leave school early to be with the band. He took his finals and recieved what was called a 'leaving cerificate' which is something they have in Ireland that I don't understand, but apparently it is better than dropping out but not as good as a real diploma. Larry ended up getting one too, I'm not sure when. Adam was kicked out for streaking, leaving Bono as the only member with an actual high school diploma. They went far in the world, that's all that matters!
thank you

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Hmm... never knew that before. I learned something new today!

Imagine if Edge, Larry & Adam all went back to get their diplomas...

*Rock n' Roll High School*

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

One more thing- Larry's parents would only let him get his leaving cert. and come out early IF he got a job! Well that kind of defeated the purpose, because he wanted to be free to play with the band! His older sister got him a job at the telephone company where she worked-that was the 'glorified messenger boy' job he spoke of in Rattle and Hum. He was only 16 when he started working there. He eventually had to give it up because of the band, of course. As far as I know, Larry is the only guy to ever actually WORK in a -gulp- real job! At the concerts, Bono announced Larry as the one who got them their first- and only job, and was going to make sure they kept it! (For anyone who didn't know, Larry started the band by putting up a note in school in 1976)

One more thing- Larry's parents would only let him get his leaving cert. and come out early IF he got a job! Well that kind of defeated the purpose, because he wanted to be free to play with the band! His older sister got him a job at the telephone company where she worked-that was the 'glorified messenger boy' job he spoke of in Rattle and Hum. He was only 16 when he started working there. He eventually had to give it up because of the band, of course. As far as I know, Larry is the only guy to ever actually WORK in a -gulp- real job!

Woah! Something new everyday. I love you for telling me this, and the cert thing. Hey - Bono worked in a gas station!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Lilly:

me too! i can see edgie skipping! aww. *warm fuzzies*

Rock and Roll High School, eh? Sounds a lot more intresting then Public High School in Middle Class Suburbia, which I can vouch is VERY unappealing.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

hee hee! *pictures Edgie skipping through the daisys* LOL!

I wondered if he 'skipped' as well, but he IS the scientist, so perhaps he did skip ahead a grade...wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Story time:

I think that the "leaving certificate" is like the baccalaureate in France. Where, upon leaving high school, you have to take this big HUGE GIGANTIC test (imagine all of your finals from 7th grade on rolled into one) to see if you will pass or not. For kids in France if they fail, they stay in their senior year. When they pass, their college is free. Not a bad deal.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Woah! Something new everyday. I love you for telling me this, and the cert thing. Hey - Bono worked in a gas station!
biggrin.gif

Bono can pump my gas anytime ... wait ... that just sounds wrong on a number of levels.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

One more thing- Larry's parents would only let him get his leaving cert. and come out early IF he got a job! Well that kind of defeated the purpose, because he wanted to be free to play with the band! His older sister got him a job at the telephone company where she worked-that was the 'glorified messenger boy' job he spoke of in Rattle and Hum. He was only 16 when he started working there. He eventually had to give it up because of the band, of course. As far as I know, Larry is the only guy to ever actually WORK in a -gulp- real job! At the concerts, Bono announced Larry as the one who got them their first- and only job, and was going to make sure they kept it! (For anyone who didn't know, Larry started the band by putting up a note in school in 1976)

Oh and I'm guessing that's what the author
of "The Early Years" or "The Early Days" (can't remember exact title) was talking about when he mentioned that Larry had a day job and couldn't join the other members in the photo shoot. Someone else had to stand-in for those pics for Larry. A blonde too, but ofcourse, not as good-looking.
wink.gif

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
Bono can pump my gas anytime ... wait ... that just sounds wrong on a number of levels.

LMAO!!
<---snorted just air up her brain (I've learned not to eat in PLEBA)

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
LMAO!!
<---snorted just air up her brain (I've learned not to eat in PLEBA)

I need to learn that. I almost chocked on an apple

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Originally posted by Discoteque:
hee hee! *pictures Edgie skipping through the daisys* LOL!

LMAO,
did bono really pump gas,
hey sherry darlin are you thinkin of catherin the fever ?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

Leaving Cert is like A-levels here-its your final 2 years of school and then you do a big exam and if u passs u go to uni- well thats what the guy told me in dublin that it was and thats what happens if u pass ur a-levels here which im in my frist year of doing them and i hate it! i will have exams 3 years in a row
frown.gif

This is my 2nd year
frown.gif

Adam had a job at some stage as well. I think he was driving a van to deliver stuff. The good thing about the van was, that they could use it to move their gear from one place to another. But one day, Adam lost control over the van and he crashed, the van ended upside down and Adam lost his job...

Originally posted by AM:
Adam had a job at some stage as well. I think he was driving a van to deliver stuff. The good thing about the van was, that they could use it to move their gear from one place to another. But one day, Adam lost control over the van and he crashed, the van ended upside down and Adam lost his job...
Perhaps he let Bono drive it!!!

Back
Top Bottom