Did anyone buy tix for AI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There hasn't been a "sighting" recently. There were only rumours of the band returning to HQ. The last time fans met Bono and the boys was at the beginning of April. Bono is said to have business in the US in April, so there is a very good chance he is in the US right now.

I found Bono...well, not really. but he was a rally at United Nations Plaza today

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iOHqylUveplcjmW63T4F_vJr2fHA

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) — Irish rock star Bono said here Tuesday he hoped the San Francisco leg of the Olympic torch relay would be trouble-free as he attended a pro-Tibet rally.

The U2 frontman told AFP on the sidelines of the event at United Nations Plaza that he hoped the furore surrounding the torch on its global relay would force China to address global concern over its actions in Tibet.

"I would like a peaceful outcome, for the torch tomorrow and in Tibet," Bono told an AFP reporter, comparing the debate over China's actions in Tibet to the issue of torture in the US government's "war on terror."

"I hope China takes this opportunity to address the issues," Bono said. "It's like waterboarding in the US; it's important to address the issues."

Around 800 people attended the peaceful rally in downtown San Francisco where a "Freedom Torch" was lit before activists flanked by around 20 police on each side began a march to the Chinese consulate.

San Francisco is preparing a heavy security presence in the city for the US leg of the troubled torch relay, which was severely disrupted by protesters in Paris on Monday.

Here's another new one to share..

2398816695_bb3a1609e2.jpg

Bono, U2 lead singer and co-founder of The ONE Campaign and Product (RED), in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with Eusebia, a former nurse and grandmother who now volunteers full-time providing home-based care to adults and orphans living with HIV/AIDS. Eusebia lost three of her own children to AIDS and now looks after 7 family members, in addition to her work in the community. The health care facility with which Eusebia works, PASADA, is funded in part by America, via contributions to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and PEPFAR.

neatperson42 said:
I found Bono...well, not really. but he was a rally at United Nations Plaza today

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iOHqylUveplcjmW63T4F_vJr2fHA

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) — Irish rock star Bono said here Tuesday he hoped the San Francisco leg of the Olympic torch relay would be trouble-free as he attended a pro-Tibet rally.

The U2 frontman told AFP on the sidelines of the event at United Nations Plaza that he hoped the furore surrounding the torch on its global relay would force China to address global concern over its actions in Tibet.

"I would like a peaceful outcome, for the torch tomorrow and in Tibet," Bono told an AFP reporter, comparing the debate over China's actions in Tibet to the issue of torture in the US government's "war on terror."

"I hope China takes this opportunity to address the issues," Bono said. "It's like waterboarding in the US; it's important to address the issues."

Around 800 people attended the peaceful rally in downtown San Francisco where a "Freedom Torch" was lit before activists flanked by around 20 police on each side began a march to the Chinese consulate.

San Francisco is preparing a heavy security presence in the city for the US leg of the troubled torch relay, which was severely disrupted by protesters in Paris on Monday.

It looks like the impostor has struck again.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080408/ten-china-unrest-tibet-rights-oly-2008-b-1dc2b55.html

An earlier report that Irish rock star Bono attended one of the protests and spoke to AFP was wrong, as the singer was not in the city, a spokesman said.

u2jesusgirl said:
I found another picture...

400_idolgivesback_elisa_bono_080402.jpg

"Idol Gives Back" captures BONO on a trip to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, where he meets ELISA, who was banished by her family when they discovered she was HIV-positive.

Wow, I did not know that people where still unaware of how HIV is contacted. I am so glad that there are people like Bono as well as others educating people. Thank you for the pics u2jg!

last unicorn said:
There hasn't been a "sighting" recently. There were only rumours of the band returning to HQ. The last time fans met Bono and the boys was at the beginning of April. Bono is said to have business in the US in April, so there is a very good chance he is in the US right now.
I don't know if you've read it already but at least the rumours are officially confirmed now:

Back to the Day Job

The Edge, Larry, Adam and Bono are back in the Dublin studio, after their respective Easter breaks, continuing to work on new material with Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno.

We hear that the recording sessions in Hanover Quay are going well -
with everyone still hoping the new album will be out this year.

No word on how the music is developing from last year's songwriting
sessions in France and Morocco but the band are in good form and
enjoying themselves.

More as we get it.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2217

Back
Top Bottom