Death in family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
My grandmother died last night. She was really suffering, she couldn't breathe, she was miserable, and now she's at peace. Still, of course it's sad.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Verte. :( May God bless her soul. I'll keep you and you family in my prayers.:hug:

God bless.

I don't think you and I have chatted, personally, but I wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. My own grandmother died recently after nearly twenty years with Emphysema, so I can certainly sympathize with how you must be feeling. :hug:

(And Shy, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, as well. :hug: )

Verte, my sincerest condolences. I know what that's like.

I'll say a prayer for you and your family tonight.....and I hope that when you do think about your loss, you also remember the special times you had with your Grandmother, it helps.

Thanks, everyone. I do indeed have special memories of my good times with my grandmother. She taught me birdwatching and general love of birds, we used to sit in her backyard together and watch birds come to her feeder. She had three bird feeders in the back, including a hummingbird feeder, it was alot of fun watching those birds. I still draw alot of birds in my pictures, I started drawing birds way back then.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing, verte. :hug:

I lost my last remaining grandparent (my mom's mother) almost a year ago - May 7th to be exact. She's been on my mind a lot lately with the one year anniversary of her death and Mother's Day coming on. We didn't have a particularly close relationship, but I did love her and have missed her more during this past year than I thought I would. I guess it's because she's the closest relative I've lost in many years & I'm old enough now that her death has made me evaluate my own mortality & face that one day I'll be in the position my mom was last year -- making arrangements for the burial of my own mother. :sad:

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to highjack this thread - :no: - it just all kind of poured out of me, there.

You'll be in my thoughts & prayers, verte. God's peace to you and your family. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom