DATA Action Alert - Maybe We Can Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I got this email from DATA

I don't know if this will even do any good :sigh:, but it's worth trying

Congress Cutting Lifesaving Programs- Urgent Action Needed

This week in Washington, DC, the House Budget Committee dramatically cut the President?s budget to fight AIDS and poverty around the world.

Everyday in Africa, 6,500 people die from AIDS, leaving behind a generation of orphans. Many of these lives could be saved if they had access to lifesaving medicine and clean drinking water.

Everyone from President Bush to Senator Kerry agree that now is the time for America to do something to stop the misery caused by AIDS and poverty in Africa. Congress and the President have agreed on a bipartisan plan to deal with this urgent crisis.

But one person is standing in their way: Congressman Jim Nussle

As Chairman of the House Budget Committee, Congressman Nussle is slashing proposed funding for these much needed programs. These programs represent only around 1% of the federal budget, but could save millions of lives around the world.

He?s out of step with the President.

He?s out of step with Democrats AND Republicans.

YOU CAN HELP ? CALL CONGRESSMAN NUSSLE RIGHT NOW!

Call 1-877-HOPE-USA. The call is free and we?ll connect you to Congressman Nussle?s office.

Ask him why he cut $4.5 billion from the President?s International Affairs budget, putting millions of lives at risk.

Call 1-877- HOPE-USA (1-877-467-3872.) Tell Congressman Nussle not to stand in the way of saving lives.

Will they take calls from people whom, do not live in the state of Iowa? Please let me know. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom