Data

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smk1379

War Child
I am doing a Proposal for my Profersional Writing class were I have to write a letter to the school and convince them why I think they need to start a certin progam here at my College. We have a Social Justice class that talks about the same issues that DATA does so so I was thinking of starting something like that but I don't know how or even were to start?

I know that you guys started the African Well Fund for Bono so I thought some one arorund here could help me out! Any help would be great. Thanks!

~Shannon~

The DATA website, www.datadata.org has a lot of information about the AIDS crisis and everything political and social going on right now. I've found the website to be a great resource for information about Africa and the things going on today.

Good luck! Sounds like a cool assignment. :up:

Hey there,

yep it is a good place to start , and has some links and lot of info at DATA... also Oxfam, World Vision etc..

here are some more in addition to DATA.. there are lots of sites that deal with the issues here are just a few which might help

Global Aids Alliance www.globalaidsalliance.org
UNAIDS- www.unaids.org
Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB & Malaria-www.theglobalfund.org
Students Global Aids Campaign.. www.fightglobalaids.org
RESULTS www.results.org
World Bank: www.worldbank.org/
World Health Organization: www.who.int
Health GAP http://www.healthgap.org/
Kaiser Foundation(network): kaisernetwork.org
www.accessmed-msf.org- M?decins Sans Fronti?res ( Doctors Without Borders
Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network: www.aidslaw.ca
Treatment Action Campaign - www.tac.org.za
Jubilee USA- www.jubileeusa.org/ .

Let me know if I can do anything else.. if these don't work for you.. I can probably get you documents etc.. contact info.. and put you in touch with a bunch of more info and websites..

hope this helps.. thanks and goodluck.. I'd also say brose Free Your Mind forum here..

As it concerns you project i think Student Global Aids Campaign, DATA and Global AIDS Alliance and maybe RESULTS would best benefit you for letter writing etc.. actually they are all useful but some are more about advocacy .. then there are sights like World Bank and Global Fund, WHO etc..

Last edited:
Hi there! It's very easy to start a local Jubilee group like I did. I tend to think it's best to support a group already begun, rather than starting another one. If you're in DC like me, you know there are sooooo many of them. Contact Neil at Jubilee if you want to. It's a lot of fun. He's at neil@jubileeusa.org
and Jubilee USA's (you're in the US?) website is jubileeusa.org. How GREAT that you want to join the fight! Feel free to check out Bono's Angel's, link below in my sig, too. :angel: All you have to do to be an angel is write a letter, call or even visit an elected official of yours. I can help you track that person down, if you'd like. :mac: :D

Congrats on your decision! :dance: :hug: :yes:

sd

PS Hey Verte when are we organizing this year's U2 protest. :mac: :D

Back
Top Bottom