Cry me a river

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
*sad violin music plays in the background*
I just came home from university for the weekend, with the hopes of burning some cds (we only have a cd burner here, at home). Only to discover that our home computer somehow contracted a virus, and half the harddrive got wiped out. (The virus is gone now, we had to get a new drive). The only problem is...

ALL MY MP3s are GONE!

I had been hoping to make a live cd, a remix cd (of U2 stuff)...my my concert mp3s, etc. GONE! *sob*

This is horrible! I want to redownload stuff, but 2 years of attempting to connect to u2bloodredsky have gotten me NOWHERE, fast.

SO I ask,
1) Is there any other place I can download these mp3 files? (Sicy, I think you may have once posted a site on this...any way you could e-mail it to me?) Do any download programs (ie, Kazaa, etc) have mp3s for download?

2)I can't remember WHAT I had...great live songs (all I remember is OTH in Dublin on New Years, R/H WOWY, One in Sarajevo)...can anyone refresh my memory a bit?

AGHH! This sucks!

If it makes you feel any better, I have songs from "Annie" (our school play) in my head. The ONE line is "HAVE THEY SENT THE CHEEEEESE?"

then after that a line from a Weird Al song plays: "GONNA BUY ME A QUISENART!" lol wooooo too much pepsi

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

P.S. Kazaa has oodles of noodles. I mean mp3s.

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

Originally posted by WildHonee:
P.S. Kazaa has oodles of noodles. I mean mp3s.

lol..... but she's right you can find anything & everything there

A lot better than that crappy ass Napster

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
SO I ask,
1) Is there any other place I can download these mp3 files? (Sicy, I think you may have once posted a site on this...any way you could e-mail it to me?) Do any download programs (ie, Kazaa, etc) have mp3s for download?

Morpheus, Morpheus, Morpheus!

That place has EVERYTHING, even more than Napster ever had. It's where I got my Salome outtakes, my "War" demos, and all the tracks from "We Will Follow". Go to musiccity.com, you can download Morpheus there.

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Never argue with someone who buys ink by the gallon." -Tommy Lasorda

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Doesn't KAZAA sound like something that Bono would yell if he's lunging into the heart?

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

www.aimster.com - same format as Napster but I've got all my stuff from there inc. Wild Irish Rose, Magic Carpet, Boy/Girl live and other hard to find stuff!

Really sorry to hear about your computer - having accumulated over 50 unreleased U2 tracks on mp3 I'd have a fit if it happened to me!
smile.gif

Good Luck!

My vote goes to MORPHEUS and then to Kazaa....I believe you can download from both using either, i.e., I've downloaded Kazaa stuff in Morpheus...

Napster's dead, so don't even think about that one.

BloodRedSky - everybody raves about all the stuff they have on that site, but geez louise, whever runs the site has GOT TO come up with a better system than the one they're using...I hear more complaints about people NOT getting on than those who do...they need to upgrade their server or something....

You have a new drive, but what type of ISP do you have? For MP3's, cable or DSL is the only way to go, otherwise it could take you forever to download...
frown.gif

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom