cover Me Chapter 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
DISCLAIMER: I don’t know U2 and I don’t own them either.

COVER ME CHAPTER 10

I wake up couple of hours later and the first thing I hear is Bono snoring. I have to bury my face in my pillow as I start to giggle.

“Who would have thought it?” I think to myself. “The world’s sexiest man snoring like a freight train”. I start giggling again.

I very slowly untangle myself from under his arm and get out of bed. I try to put a little weight on my foot and find that I can walk a little better. I can’t sleep anymore so I sit in my chair in the corner of my room and start to read. About an hour later Bono wakes up and reaches his arm for me. He hits air and his head pops up as he looks around for me. He sees me in the chair and smiles.

“Good morning love.” He says.

“Good morning Bono.” I say back. I want to call him sweetie but I don’t know how he’ll take it.

“You been up long?” He asks me.

“No, only about an hour. I couldn’t sleep anymore.”

He looks at my clock to find it’s only 4 am.

“Why don’t you come back to bed and try to get some more sleep?” He says.

I just look at him. I decide that I’ve had enough sleep and maybe I’ll see if we can find something better to do.

I go over to the bed and sit on the side and just look at him. He is dangerously sexy. His hair is messy and his eyes are still sleepy. I turn on the light beside him so I can see him better. He looks up at me a little confused.

I lean down and whisper in his ear “I’ve had enough sleep.”

He looks up at me with an are-you-sure look in his eyes.

I straddle his hips and lean down and kiss him. I give him an I-really-want-this look.

He places his hands on my hips and kneads them with his hands as I deepen the kiss. My tongue finds it’s way into his mouth as he opens for me. My fingers get lost in his hair. His hands start to slide up inside my shirt. I’m wearing boxers and a t-shirt. He was only wearing pj bottoms. He starts to push up my t-shirt with his hands, his lips still on mine. All of a sudden I get a little shy. I sit up and take a deep breath.

“Are you sure about this Mags? I don’t want to push you into anything you’re not comfortable with” He says.

“I’m very sure about this Bono, its just…..I haven’t let anyone see my…..scars…in a long time.”

“Mags, you are beautiful. Scars or not.” He says.

I look into his eyes and see a sea of blue. I take a breath and slowly pull my t-shirt over my head. I cross my arms over me to cover myself. He sits up with me still in his lap. I have a scar on my left shoulder that is the size of a dime. It’s from the bullet that my father shot me with. On the other shoulder is a scar from a cigarette my mother gave me when I was a child. I close my eyes so I can’t see the expression in his eyes. I’m afraid of what it will be. I feel his lips caress my left shoulder, then the right. I fight the tears in my eyes.

“So beautiful” He says in a low voice. His lips find mine and he captures me in a deep kiss. I put all my desire and love into kissing him back. He flips me so that I’m under him on the bed.

His lips wander down my jaw to my neck. I discover that I’m ticklish. I try to suppress a giggle. He looks at me and grins. His grin fades and his eyes have turned into a dark blue.

I take his face in my hands and I say “Make love to me….Paul”.

I see something flicker in his eyes. He moves over me and all thoughts leave my head.

After a long while he reaches down and pulls the blanket up and pulls it over us. I fall asleep listening to his heart beating.

A few hours later I hear a bang at my door and Kat’s voice saying “Mags, wake up! Mamma says breakfast is ready!”

Bono is sound asleep and I don’t want to wake him. He looks so peaceful. I untangle myself again and get dressed. I leave a note for him and leave it on the pillow beside his head.

“B. I didn’t want to wake you. Anyone ever tell you that you’re sexy when you’re sleeping? I’m just downstairs, don’t worry. I hope you’re as happy as I am right now.” I hesitate before writing “Love M.”

Mamma, Edge, Kat and I are at the table in the kitchen when Bono walks in a half hour later. He looks at me and gives me a wink and a big grin. He grabs a cup of coffee and sits down beside me.

He leans over to kiss me and says “Good morning, love.”

“Good morning Bono.” I say hoping that I stop turning red sometime this year.

“Someone had a good night” I hear Kat say under her breath. I kick her lightly under the table. Edge just smirks at Bono. Mamma just smiles.

“So, what are we doing today?” I say rapidly changing the topic.

“Well, since it is the last week-end of November, you know what time it is.” Mamma says.

I grin and say “Christmas decorating day”.

“Now that I have two strong men in the house maybe they could put the lights up on the house while we do the tree. I’ve already called Kristen and she is coming over in about an hour. Apparently, the baby is at her mother-in-law’s house and her husband is away for a boys week-end out. She is going to stay over tonight.” She tells us.

I am really glad that she is staying over because we have our own tradition for Christmas Decorating Day. It involves climbing out the window at 11 o’clock at night.

After we all eat, Bono and Edge get the lights and the ladder and go out to put up the lights. I wonder how long it will take Bono to either hurt himself or Edge. I really hope Edge doesn’t let him on the ladder.

Kat and I go down to the basement and bring up the tree (we have a fake one) and the decorations. I hear Kristen talking to the guys outside and Bono’s laugh. She walks in the door and grins at me.

A few hours later the tree is done and the lights are pretty much straight on the house. Edge and Bono look around.

“Gladys, this is beautiful” Edge says. Bono nods his head in agreement.

“Ok girls, who’s going to help me with the cookies?” Mamma says.

“I will.” We all say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh.

“You all can help. Why don’t you boys go to the store and get the egg-nog? “ Mamma says to them.

“I could use a walk” Bono says. “Edge can be my security”

Edge just chuckles. They grab their coats and go out the door. Immediately Edge comes back in and says “Where is the store anyway?”

I laugh and give him directions. I also give him the keys to my car. I tell him not to let Bono out of his sight and to please be careful.

After they leave all three women in the kitchen turn to me and grin.

“What?” I say.

“That man likes you.” Kristen says.

“I like him too. Edge is a nice guy.” I say knowing full well that’s not who they mean.

“We mean Bono you dim-wit” Kat says.

“I know. I like him too.” I say, trying not to blush and not succeeding.

“I think he’s good for you baby-girl. I also think that he doesn’t know that he’s in love with you yet.” Mamma says.

“What do you mean in love with me. How can he be in love with me. We’ve only known each other for a couple of weeks.” I say with a slight panic.

“The heart knows what the heart knows” Mama says. Her logic really frustrates me sometimes.

“Just because we’ve….” I trail off and turn red. “I mean, he can’t be in love with me. I’m not his type.”

“Just wait and see” Mamma said. She turns and goes back to making the cookies. I can’t stop my head from going over what Mamma said.
After supper we are all sitting in the living room and looking at the tree and just feeling content with the world. At 9:30 Mamma announces that she’s tired and is going to bed. She gives each of us, including Bono and Edge, a kiss good-night. I look at Kristen and she nods her head. I go over and get a deck of cards out and we teach Bono and Edge how to play Bullshit. After an hour or so we all declare that we are tired and we go to out respective rooms.

“Don’t get undressed” I say. I saw him just about to take off his shirt.

“Why?” He asks confused.

“Because, we are going out” I say.

“Where?”

“Don’t know yet. Hopefully O’Connell’s. I am seriously in the mood for a good time tonight.” I say.

I look down at my shirt and decide that I need to change. I go into my bathroom and come out with a black t-shirt that says “Bonolicious” on it. Bono looks at me and just rolls his eyes.

“By the way,” I say. “Who’s the person who put black tape over the eyes of my sexy Bono poster?”

“The eyes on that thing were creeping me out.” He says. “They follow you around the room.”

All of a sudden I hear….Knock…knock knock.

I go over to the wall. Knock knock….knock.

I go to the window and stick my head out. I see Kristen’s out the other window.

“O'Connell's?” I ask.

“Sure.” she says.

“Go get Kat and Edge.” I say.

Edge sticks his head out the window. “Hi” he says.

“Good, you’re here. I hope you’re not afraid of heights.” I say.

“Why?” he asks a little leery.

“Because, we are climbing down the trellis.” I say.

“Can’t we just go out the front door?” Bono asks behind me. I jump a little because I didn’t hear him come up behind me.

“Where’s the fun in that?” Kristen asks.

I go down first tossing my leather coat down first. Kristen comes down next. Bono looks over at Edge with a what-the-hell look on his face. He comes down, then Kat, and then Edge.

“Want me to make this really like when we were younger and boost Mrs. O’Leary’s car?” I say.

They all laugh. I know this is going to be a fun night.

Last edited:
This is probably the second stupidest question I've ever asked. The first would be asking my best-friend if we should open the second bottle of wine or not.

Would anyone care to get the un-edited version of this?

I might take a few days but leave your email and I'll get it out as soon as I can.

of course, thanks!

onekea @alice.it

...certainly the girl there knows very well how to recover her health swiftly... :sexywink:

I like how this is written ... sensitive, yet exciting, and also with a bit of irony. Love the characters and how their relationships are slowly building up.

Can I also have an unedited copy? Thanks.

zypresse28@yahoo.de

I just now caught up with this fic, and I must say, I'm quite glad I did :)

Your characters are so colourful, I love the Mags's Mamma and I wish she was mine :heart:

Also, this story is freaking hilarious at times, I keep finding myself chuckling (for example, Bono covered his eyes on the poster with tape :lol: )

Also, unedited version plz :shifty:

purelysapphires13 [AT] yahoo.com

dianepm said:
Ok girls, you've got mail.

:bow: Diane! Thanks for the em.:drool: I am now firmly ensconced in BonoHeat...:drool: Lovely. Purfect for a Saturday night. I've enjoyed this fic, really enjoyed it. You don't need any help, believe me!

You know, I think I might just go back and read it again...:drool:

I've been thinking that even though I don't feel quite comfortable writing sex scenes that include a real live person, that perhaps I could venture into sensuality instead...:evil: See how it goes...:drool:

Anyway, right on ya! You done good! There's nothing quite like a good smutty BonoFantasy to carry you off from real life...

....and just now mine sucks...ack...:grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom