Coretta Scott King and Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMBLover

The Fly
a place that has to be believed to be seen...
I read a story not too long ago about Bono being honored with a MLK Award in Atlanta. In it, Coretta Scott King called Bono one of her children. I think that is so wonderful. He said something about being glad to finally have a mom. It really broke my heart to read this, in a good way. Anyway, I pray Bono will take comfort during the grief of loosing another person close to him.

Bono was not at Mrs. King's funeral JCOSTER.
I would love to see those pics of him at MLK award ceremony. I heard it really touched Bono's heart to be Mrs. King's "honorary son". That is a great honor indeed.

:heart:

There have been several threads in the last month about Bono's friendship with Coretta Scott King at Interference.

Here is the link to the article I wrote two years ago after attending the King Center's "Salute to Greatness" awards ceremony and day of activities with Bono and Mrs. King:

http://forum.interference.com/t87631.html

I'll try to find the other threads that have been done on this subject here at Interference and post the links here.

The story of the deep friendship and love and respect between Bono and Mrs. King is TRULY AMAZING!

IN THE NAME OF LOVE....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I was thinking that he would be at the funeral too. But, I guess he wasn't because of the Grammy rehearsals.

Carmelu2fan said:
Bono was not at Mrs. King's funeral JCOSTER.
I would love to see those pics of him at MLK award ceremony. I heard it really touched Bono's heart to be Mrs. King's "honorary son". That is a great honor indeed.

:heart:

martinlutherking.jpg

sa.jpg

i'm not sure if they were taken at the MLK award ceremony, but they show Bono and Coretta King together, obviously Bono just loves her to pieces.
I was a little surprised he didn't make it to the funeral. However, he might have had a lot already on his schedule and just not bbeen able to. I can't help but think that if he could have, he would have.

There have been several threads in the last month about Bono's friendship with Coretta Scott King at Interference.

Thank you so much for that link Jamila:hug: Just reading that made my heart skip a beat. Very touching.

Also thank you TY for the wonderful pics.
:wave:

thankyou said:

martinlutherking.jpg

sa.jpg

i'm not sure if they were taken at the MLK award ceremony, but they show Bono and Coretta King together, obviously Bono just loves her to pieces.
I was a little surprised he didn't make it to the funeral. However, he might have had a lot already on his schedule and just not bbeen able to. I can't help but think that if he could have, he would have.

Yes, both of these photos are from Bono's day spent at the King Center in Jan. 2004.

There are plenty more on the Internet - I'll try to find some more this weekend to share with everyone here.

I also have a lot of my own - but I don't know how to post pics!

Nice to hear about your enthusiasm for this topic, Carmelu2fan.:up:

I choose to go to Bono's speeches rather than go to multiple U2 concerts.

I personally get more out of Bono's speeches than I do out of some of the Vertigo concerts.

My perogative - it doesn't deserve a snide remark.

I don't tell anyone here how to spend their money on U2.

I think no one should tell me how to spend mine.

Let's keep negativity out of this thread - there's no reason for it.

Especially in a thread to honor Mrs. King - :up:

Jamila said:

Yes, both of these photos are from Bono's day spent at the King Center in Jan. 2004.

There are plenty more on the Internet - I'll try to find some more this weekend to share with everyone here.

I also have a lot of my own - but I don't know how to post pics!

Nice to hear about your enthusiasm for this topic, Carmelu2fan.:up:

If you do find anymore pics of this I would really love to see them. I will PM you my email addy. Also if you like I will post them here for the others to see. Thank you so much for keeping me incouraged to speak out about Bono's work with Mrs. King and others like her who spent there whole life deticated to helping others in need.:hug:

Jamila said:
I choose to go to Bono's speeches rather than go to multiple U2 concerts.

I personally get more out of Bono's speeches than I do out of some of the Vertigo concerts.

My perogative - it doesn't deserve a snide remark.

I don't tell anyone here how to spend their money on U2.

I think no one should tell me how to spend mine.

Let's keep negativity out of this thread - there's no reason for it.

Especially in a thread to honor Mrs. King - :up:

Uh, was I quoting you or directing my remark at you or did I say anything about you or your money? um, nope.....yeeesh! Seriously, just because you happen to post in a thread doesn't mean every following post revolves around you. :rolleyes: If I really have to defend myself, here was my thought process last night (after watching a tape of Bono on Oprah): *reads original post, thinks: Bono is so amazing, I never get sick of listening to him* *thinks to self: I think some of my friends went to that speech* *thinks again: my friends are lucky not to have to pay for school or rent* *posts: "I wish I could afford to see Bono every time he speaks"* :shrug: Sorry Jamila, it had nothing to do with you. If anyone's being negative, it's you going ahead and judging how I feel and calling it "snide". Way to go.

I chose to spend my money ("mine" being student loans) on going to Africa to study development rather than plane tickets and hotel rooms for U2 concerts, but I think it's rediculous we need to justify what we do....

Back
Top Bottom