Corbis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I think it implies ownership.... even though (here comes my rant) they don't OWN those pictures, they did not TAKE those pictures...they simply SELL them and I assume do not want people printing them off and there goes their business. *grrrrrrr

Nope, not a dumb question at all. Olive brought up a good point - what a pain in the ass to put a watermark on a picture that you don't own. That's like putting Otto's pictures on your site and then sticking your name in a big, fat, fancy design across the picture. WTF?

Somebody here knows how to remove the watermarks... there was a thread going awhile back where someone was offering to do it, but I can't remember who it was and I don't know where the thread is.

Still, it sucks. I can see putting a watermark on your picture at the bottom if you took the damn thing, but when it's soooo obvious that Corbis didNOT take that picture of the boys that was used for the cover of TIME magazine... come on, now.

Wankers.

Moonie
mad.gif

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
[B/]

BE070265.jpg

[/B]

The rest of the guys walk in (catching Edge on something that looks like a pole),

Larry-"ummm Edge, why in the bloody hell are you pole dancing?"

Edge- "I wasn't pole dancing, I just happened to be testing the velocity of the oxygen particles passing throught the pole"

Bono- "Then why are your pants on the ground? Were you stripping again?"

Edge- "hey, it's not my fault, it's called GRAVITY, HELLO!!!!"

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

This one looks as if Bono had accidentally hit Adam on the face with the award
UT0067453.jpg

------------------
"I'm a rock star. I'm in your hands. Whatever you want to do with me, do it now." - Larry Mullen from B.P. Fallon's book Faraway So Close (and these are the words I want him to say to me when if I meet him someday...)

UT0108608.jpg

bono: me chief imahottierockstar...

*vows to never embarrass self agian by captioning pics*

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

Wow, these pics are all gorgeous...*faints*

*revived* So, what's the deal with Corbis.com?? Whenever I go visit the page if I type in U2 or Bono, I get "zero results". Do you have to subscribe to it or somethihg.

Corbis always has such great RARE pics that I've never seen. When you are on PLEBA, looking at pics all day, then you see pics that you've never seen before, it is a very exciting thing.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

------------------
"I'm a rock star. I'm in your hands. Whatever you want to do with me, do it now." - Larry Mullen from B.P. Fallon's book Faraway So Close (and these are the words I want him to say to me when if I meet him someday...)"

OMG!! i love it!!
and yes Larry, gladly
biggrin.gif

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

corbis62.jpg

HEY
you can see through Larry's shirt in this one methinks! I see... a moob... and some abs.. *thud*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

Back
Top Bottom