Corbijn book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
Does anyone know what happened to the release date? I thought it was supposed to be release on the 11th, but amazon now gives me this message:

This title usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks. Please note that special order titles occasionally go out of print, or publishers run out of stock. These hard-to-find titles are not discounted and are subject to an additional charge of $1.99 per book due to the extra cost of ordering them. We will notify you within 2-3 weeks if we have trouble obtaining this title from Amazon.com

but they haven't changed the delivery estimate: "February 2, 2005 - February 4, 2005"

:huh: :confused:

When the original ship date came and went, I e-mailed Amazon. In response they sent me this:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add
time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that "U2
& i" is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let
us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change in
availability.

To help compensate you for this unexpected change, I have upgraded
the method of shipment for this order to Two day delivery. There is
of course no additional charge for this.

Please note that although we are upgrading your method of shipping,
you should not expect to receive this order in two days.

We will keep this item on order and ship it to you as soon as we are
able to obtain it. You won't be charged until we ship it to you. On
the date of shipment, we'll send you e-mail confirming the date,
contents, and method of your shipment.

For whatever that's worth. :shrug:

There also appears to be 2 versions of the book. I was shocked to see the book went up to $120. That book is the one that ships in 2-5 weeks. Then there's another one that isn't out yet that is in the $70 range. :confused:

arw9797 said:
There also appears to be 2 versions of the book. I was shocked to see the book went up to $120. That book is the one that ships in 2-5 weeks. Then there's another one that isn't out yet that is in the $70 range. :confused:

:eyebrow: I thought it was the same book, just that it happened to be on sale. I got it when it was $75 but a week later I checked and the price was $120, with no change in the details of the actual book itself.

it seems that amazon has no clue when they will get this book!
there is a thread on the delivery date here.

http://forum.interference.com/t113921.html

i complained to amazon and they offered to give me 2-day shipping for free (as it sounds like they did for others who complained).
i emailed back and told them that since they falsely advertised it would be out on feb. 11 that i thought they should give me a discount on the purchase.
then they sent me a $5 coupon.
better than nothing.

and i ordered the $75 book too--it better be the same exact book as the $120.
i think we just got it on sale.
not that we exactly got it, since nobody knows where the books are, but.....

Gotta love snapfish for shrinking my pictures :rolleyes:

Anyway if you go into the $120 book there's a "hardcover option" that is cheaper but isnt' available yet.

342%3C4%3B%3B923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3B97959ot1lsi

This one has a different name. ???
342%3C4%3B%3B923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232876%3A%3A693%3Bnu0mrj

:confused:

arw9797 said:
Gotta love snapfish for shrinking my pictures :rolleyes:
Anyway if you go into the $120 book there's a "hardcover option" that is cheaper but isnt' available yet.

There are, in fact, two books.

U2 & I
by Anton Corbijn (Hardcover - February 11, 2005)

Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: Schirmer/Mosel (February 11, 2005)
ISBN: 3829601530

U2 & I : The Photographs 1982 - 2004
by Anton Corbijn (Hardcover - February 2005)

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Schirmer/Mosel (February, 2005)
ISBN: 3829601743

I bought the second one, because the first one is in German ...

I found out about this through its publisher - Schirmer/Mosel - because someone at a mailing list in which I take part asked which SBN to choose. I know a few people had to change their order. Gladly they made it on time. Hope you girls ordered the book in English, too.
I wish I had brought this up here sooner.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, word is that U2 and Corbjin are featured in the new Entertainment weekly...Im going for my copy today and will scan pics if I can but anyone else is welcome to beat me to it since i still have to go to my second job Ill be home in the eve:wink:

BonoFox1 said:
Speaking of which, word is that U2 and Corbjin are featured in the new Entertainment weekly...Im going for my copy today and will scan pics if I can but anyone else is welcome to beat me to it since i still have to go to my second job Ill be home in the eve:wink:

I picked mine up today at the grocery store! :wink:

This is kinda off-topic, but out of curiousity... What will the policy be on scanning the new pictures from this book? Will it be considered the same thing as commercially-released tracks from an album, or since they're pictures, will it be different? I know a lot of the pictures have obviously already been seen before (i.e. Joshua Tree shoots, obviously) but I'm talking about the previously-unreleased photos... Will it defeat the purpose of getting the book?

I'm honestly curious! LOL

Other books and magazines are scanned. This one probably won't be treated any differently. But I have no intention of scanning the whole book.

Last edited:
u2granny said:
Other books and magazines are scanned. This one probably won't be treated any differently. But I have no intention of scanning the whole book.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about - if someone decides to scan pretty much the entire book, post it on their website or whatever... I dunno. That might be going a bit too far and kind of defeats the purpose of buying the thing. But I highly doubt someone would do that. They'd have to have a LOT of free time on their hands, that's for sure. *G*

I'm not scanning the book either. I didn't even scan U2 Show or U2 Live, although these have been in the market for a long time (they are big and heavy and I’ve been lazy :wink: ).

Back
Top Bottom