Cool songs to wake up to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I guess I'm thinking abou this now because I'm very, very tired and I should be taking a shower and going to be rather than sitting here typing, but anyway...

A couple years ago I would program my stereo so that it would wake me up by playing a CD. You couldn't program what track on the CD. It always had to be the first one. And for awhile I'd wake up to "The Three Sunrises." Just a really great "wake up" song!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

It's a "Beautiful Day!"

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

I do the same thing.... and for a while I had Joshua Tree to wake me up. But let me tell you! I had to change it.... because "Streets" scared the shit right out of me everyday! You may think it's a perfect wake up song... but it creeps up on you...

Well, that's my story!

Since then, I've made a U2 "Relaxation" CD to wake up to and to fall asleep to..... has songs like.... october, MLK, Love Is Blindness, WOWY... all the mellow stuff.

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

here comes the sun by george harrison is one i am listening to now.
u2 wake up songs: miss sarajevo and tgbhf or anything from mdh or passengers

------------------
you'll never know how I watched you
from the shadows as a child
you'll never know how it feels to be the one
who's left behind...

*+*MaRiA*+*

I used to use "Where the Streets Have No Name"
smile.gif
, but I sleep thru it now.
frown.gif

Dumb Story:
In high school, my clock radio was always set to WBRU in Providence, RI. For a while they had a tennis hall of fame ad running, the beginning of which sounded kind of like Streets. I used to jump out of bed, get all excited and ready to dance around and do my Bono impersonation, and then be really disappointed when the announcer started talking ("John McEnroe...Arthur Ashe...") So anyway, one VERY BAD morning, I was tricked again by the radio, and screamed "FUCK YOU JOHN MCENROE!" at the top of my lungs, which woke my sister up and made my mom incredibly angry. ("What the he-- JOHN MCENROE? What on EARTH is wrong with you!?")

anyway

every day in college soph jr year i'd wake up to "In A Lifetime" with bono and clannad, it's on a bono solo cd I have. it would go right into "halleluja" which is awesome awesome song.

aww, now I miss those songs.
smile.gif

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 04-09-2002).]

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
here comes the sun by george harrison is one i am listening to now.
u2 wake up songs: miss sarajevo and tgbhf or anything from mdh or passengers

AAAAAAH!!! not that last song on MDH!! i was actually falling to sleep listening to that CD and the last song scared the living curse outa me!

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

BAD
From the Wide Awake in America cd, cos my cd player at home can only wake me up to the first song on a cd.
Oh yes, it is a good wake up song.
WIDE AWAAAKKKKEEEEEE

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Oh my Gosh! I wake up to "Here Comes the Sun" as well! However in the past I used to wake up to "Mysterious Ways" if that opening guitar doesn't wake you up...NOTHING will!

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

We know you like your Marylanders to be exciting...

Has anyone stopped to consider the irony of shopping for MacPhisto shoes at the Salvation Army...

I like to start the morning with Streets. Quiet at first, then uplifting. Before I walk out the door, I like Beautiful Day.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:
AAAAAAH!!! not that last song on MDH!! i was actually falling to sleep listening to that CD and the last song scared the living curse outa me!

Right, the same happens too, when that strange beeping sound starts after Zooropa's 'The Wanderer' is over. No sleep-in music actually.

I like Elevation to start the day.

------------------
In Adam Clayton, U2 have their emotional touchstone, a thoughtful, reflective man, comfortable in his skin, fluid with his feelings, enjoying his life. -- Dermot Moore, Hotpress 2001

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Oh my Gosh! I wake up to "Here Comes the Sun" as well!
its an excellent song! it always cheers me up especially b/c i am not a morning person and snarly like larry until i get some coffee in my system!
biggrin.gif

------------------
you'll never know how I watched you
from the shadows as a child
you'll never know how it feels to be the one
who's left behind...

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom