Cookies... want some?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max_theHitman

Refugee
No , I am not talking about computer cookies, but the kind you bake and chew while your on the computer *wink*
I tell you, I got a bad craving for "Doritos" chips and a cold beer while I´m on the computer, but when I´m out of Doritos it´s time for me to bake.
That´s right girls, I BAKE cookies! :rockon:
I love munching on my cookies and I ain´t never getting fat either.
Because you see... these are "special" cookies...

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups brown sugar (Listen to Rolling Stones song "Brown Sugar" and you´ll make these alot faster)
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup prune puree
2 tablespoons water
5 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1 COLD Beer

DIRECTIONS:
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

2- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Throw everything in there! Make a well in the center and pour in the canola oil, prune puree, water, egg whites and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Use your hands to be quicker! Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apricots. Scoop cookies using an ice cream scoop, or roll into golf ball sized balls. BUT don´t eat them just yet!... Place cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets and flatten to 1/2 tall with wet hands. These cookies do not flatten very much while baking.

3- In the preheated oven, bake 8 minutes for chewy cookies ...or 10 to 12 minutes for dry cookies. Cookies will not get crisp. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

The trick is to underbake them a little bit, and the result is a soft cookie . Makes about 30 cookies.

Oh, I almost forgot... 1 COLD Beer!
That´s to drink while you eat your cookies and goof around PLEBA Land on the internet :up:

See ya later :hug:

MAX~theHitman

Last edited:
beer and cookies???!!!! :yuck:

beer and pizza - now there's a normal combination :yes:

Beer goes with anything. Even sex :rockon:

Pizza should be eaten with a fine Italian wine. Preferably from around Napole. Just like Italian spaghetti should be eaten with a fine Italian wine.:up:
I have no idea why the Americans put ketchup on their spaghetti? :eyebrow:

(just joking)

I think I may try the recipe! :up:

I have THE easiest cookie recipe for any of you that are in a pinch.

1 box of any flavor cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable oil

Thats it!!! Mix in a cup of any nut or a bag anytype of chip (chocolate, butterscotch,etc) and you have cookie!!!

Bake at 350 degrees for approx 12 minutes or until golden. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom