CONFESS: Do you speak spanish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hablo un poco. Es mi especializacion (Es una palabra?) en la universidad. Estoy tomando las clases prerequisitios (es palabra actual??) ahora. Estoy en Montreal y esta confundada porque el frances esta "creeping into" mi espanol.

Yo hablo poco espanol.

I took spanish for three years in school. (This is my first year without it.) I tried desperatly to learn, but I have really bad phoenitics, so it's hard for me to learn a different language. I wish I could speak it better, it's a beautiful language.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I WROTE A POEM IN SPANISH ONE TIME:
HE ESCRITO!!!!!!!!

* ??Qu? falta t? me haces!?

Un d?a el cielo abrir? como una mano.
Un d?a el sol aherrumbrar?.
Un d?a todos los colores del mundo mezclar?.
Un d?a esta vida ser? humo.

Y entonces podemos estar juntos.
Y entonces podemos hablar sobre como
Nada puede vivir sin que ha muerto,
Nada puede morir sin que ha vivido.

Un d?a las estaciones nunca cambiaran.
Un d?a Habra tierra m?s lejos de la costa.
Un d?a ver? ad?nde fueron los flores que sembraste.
Un d?a esta vida no pesar? tanto.

Y entonces podemos estar juntos.
Y entonces podemos hablar sobre como
Nada puede vivir sin que ha muerto,
Nada puede morir sin que ha vivido.

Necesitas saber que no hay ninguna lugar
D?nde no escribir? tu nombre.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

UM also

I was raised speaking Spanish but I don't speak it as well as I used to. Like in my genes being imported, I lost my accent somehow. WHERE'D IT GO?

Anyway...I've also taken it in school for 4 yrs bc as much as I could speak and understand (although now I understand hearing/ reading it more than I can say or respond) bc before high school, I could never read or write it.

ANYWAY. That was interesting. Em

btamale.gif

I still speak it at home and to ScottPhisto....LOL and when I get frustrated I yell in Spanish. It's quite a sight.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

No habla espanol.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
From Telly Time at PLEBA Mansion by our very own Mullen-Girl:

Foadzilla:*stomps and says nonstop* FOAD! FOAAAAAAAAAAAAD! FOOOOOOAAAAAAADDD! *grabs Clarity and lifts her up*

Clarity: Ohhhh, well hello there mr Foadzilla, you look mighty snarly today.

Foadzilla:*lifts eyebrow* Foad?

Clarity: Oh yeah definitely.

Hablo espa?ol, pero no perfectamente. Estoy aprendiendo el espa?ol ahora, en mi clase.

Me gusta el espa?ol. Quiero ser triling?e, y quiero hablar el espa?ol, el ingl?s (hecho con esto), y el italiano. Lenguas extranjeras son mi favorito y mi asignatura mejor, aparte de f?sica.
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

TAMALE TAMALE

Also...lol at the thread title, like spanish is a big scandal!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

yo hablo espanol algun.

but i'm not sure if that's the right way to say that. i can read it better than writing/speaking it!

Hablo Portunal, soy Brasilera entonces confuso Portugues con Espanol, pero lo entiendo perfecto.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i am very mad about it. I am Mexican/Spanish-American and do not speak a word of Spanish. I can understand some when i read it and when i hear it, but do not even ask me to talk in Spanish, because i am useless. However,I think i can speak it when i am drunk and even then my friends laugh at me and tell me that my southern accent is so strong that there is no use in even trying to speak it...*hangs head in shame*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i am very mad about it. I am Mexican/Spanish-American and do not speak a word of Spanish. I can understand some when i read it and when i hear it, but do not even ask me to talk in Spanish, because i am useless. However,I think i can speak it when i am drunk and even then my friends laugh at me and tell me that my southern accent is so strong that there is no use in even trying to speak it...*hangs head in shame*

LOL- don't be so sad!!

you hablo espanol tambien! hola chicas!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Yo tambien hablo espa?ol. Yo nacie aqui en NY pero mi mama es de Puerto Rico y mi papa es de Mexico...una mezcla muy interesante porque algunas personas dicen que tengo ojos chinos.

translation (for the gals who don't speak spanish)

I also speak spanish. I was born in NY, my mom is from Puerto Rico and my dad is from Mexico. An interesting mix because people say I have chinese eyes.....

Sort of Oriental looking. When I get a scanner I'll let you guys be the judge.

Je ne parle pas espagnol, mais je parle francais depuis 6 ans. Je suis une Francophile!
smile.gif
Alors, s'il y a quelqu'un qui veut parler francais avec moi...
smile.gif

tongue.gif
a les gens qui parlent espagnol

smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-12-2002).]

Nein! Ich spreche kein Spanisch. Ich spreche auch kein Deutsch.
wink.gif

Growing up in Southern California, I refused to take Spanish in high school. The only other choice was French and that looked too hard.
smile.gif

------------------
The interview hadn't even begun..... and suddenly we all noticed something very peculiar: Bono - is - taking - all - his - clothes - off. The white shirt went first, then his black suede boots, his socks, trousers, and briefs (black with white trim, possibly Calvin Klein, probably Marks & Spencer).
"Excuse me but why have you taken your clothes off, Bono?"
"For the same reason," interjected the Edge, answering on Bono's behalf, "that he's the lead singer. Because he's a rampant sex god with a huge ego."
"And a small willy," added Adam.

Originally posted by numbededge:
Nein! Ich spreche kein Spanisch. Ich spreche auch kein Deutsch.
wink.gif

Growing up in Southern California, I refused to take Spanish in high school. The only other choice was French and that looked too hard.
smile.gif

Fransoesich ist schlecht.. aber Deutsch ist SUPER-COOL!
I just took a stab in the dark on the german french there... I konw how to say it, not spell it
the wonderful thing about german is that they have such obviously germanic words... like "super-cool"

Si, mis papas son de Monterrey entonces mi primer idioma fue espa?ol y es el idioma que hablo mejor de todos
smile.gif

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Author of PLEBA Mansion Daily.

"I hit things for a living. I hit things and people clap!" --Larry

ani_larry.gif

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Si, mis papas son de Monterrey entonces mi primer idioma fue espa?ol y es el idioma que hablo mejor de todos
smile.gif

Yeah! What MG said...(ummm...wtf did she say...*runs for Spanish dictionary)

Originally posted by Ana:
Larry est? bien bueno!!
biggrin.gif
hehe
Bono es un papacito
Edge est? bien rico
Adam est? como quiere

jajaja
wink.gif

Adam es mi papacito y le gustan las chicas que hablan espanol!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 02-14-2002).]

Non, mais quand j'ai ete une petite enfant j'ai parle beacoup d'espagnol. Mais maintenant, je parle francais. J'ai pris 5 ans de francais et j'adore parler francais. Oui.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Back
Top Bottom