Clayton's Whereabouts Revealed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I haven't seen this posted here. It's just a short news item that the Adam-ophiles might appreciate.

From the Shanghaist Website, dated today:

No visa? No problem: U2's bassist arrives in Shanghai
Forgive us while we turn into a celebrity gossip blog for a moment. Adam Clayton, bassist for U2, arrived in Shanghai last week ... without a visa. So, his agent called Ireland's Vice Consul here in Shanghai (in the middle of the night) and she pulled some strings and got Clayton and his girlfriend into the country -- just like she would have done for any Irish citizen, we assume. Another perk to being a rock star. Clayton, who, we were told, flew to Shanghai from Fiji, is staying in one of our city's luxury hotels in Pudong. We're not going to say which one -- stalking isn't cool.

Clayton has found himself with some unexpected free time because U2 canceled the final 10 dates of its current world tour. Affected shows were in New Zealand, Australia, Japan and Honolulu. The band says the move was due to "the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band."

Posted by Dan Washburn in Celebrities , Music

Nice detective work, Biff! :wink:

(But there they go with the word "canceled" again.:eyebrow:)

Nooo, it's not possible that he's there with this girlfriend, cause I'm still here :no:

Ahahaha.. :eeklaugh:

Yep.. waiting for those men in the white coats right about now.. :coocoo:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
:eyebrow: I understand that Adam has some free time and needs to relax after doing a year's worth of touring.....but I'm still a little suspisious....sorry, wrong of me I know :reject:
suspicious of what? I don't understand :scratch:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
:eyebrow: I understand that Adam has some free time and needs to relax after doing a year's worth of touring.....but I'm still a little suspisious....sorry, wrong of me I know :reject:

He's been known to go off like that, not sure he bothers having a frequent flyer program, but if he did, could get the first commercial flight to the moon with the airlines miles he's accumulated. ;) :exaggerating:

I've read of Bono and Adam taking a week or 2 off after a tour, staying in local hotels in Dublin to sorta, "settle back into non-rockstar life" sorta get off the "tour high".

I wonder if Adam is trying to avoid staying home too much as they're planning to finish up the tour later in the year.

kafrun said:
Nooo, it's not possible that he's there with this girlfriend, cause I'm still here :no:

Ahahaha.. :eeklaugh:

Yep.. waiting for those men in the white coats right about now.. :coocoo:

:giggle: *nudges kafrun*
Wake up there love :wink:
hm so we finally know what Adam was doing, now only Larry and Edge are a mystery...
nice job Biff!

Larry has probably found himself a rabbit hole to dive into.
Edge can be found at whatever local place that has technology he can dismantle.

*Dear Mr. Clayton,

Did you know you can come to Hungary without any visa? It's a beautiful country and I humblily volunteer to guide you on a very special JustForTheSilverFox Deluxe tour, which even includes a trip to my own little home...
For further details please do not hesitate to contact me at ... *

*Kafrun, hon, you have to wait a bit more....first those white coated men are coming to get me.... :shh:

uhoh .. he better
otherwise i would have to beat him with a stick fo not being there and not using this opportunity while i am stuck here and cannot go ;)

i bet he will, aren't they friends with Mick/ the stones and i would not be surprised if the boys/ adam liked their music too.

You bet he'll be at the Stones' show in Shanghai. The Chinese government has censored five songs from the Stones' repertoire because they are such a bad influence. Mick said, I'm glad the Chinese government is trying to protect the morals of expat business men and their girlfriends! Seems even the very cheapest ticket, which we would kill to have at that price, is beyond the reach of the Chinese, who don't even make that much in a month. Count your blessings. (I hope they play "Starfucker" -- that wasn't on the list!)

So he flew in from Fiji...doesn't Adam spend some time in that part of the world because his parents have been living in, I think, Thailand, for the last 13, 14 years or so?? Wasn't that why he was there for the tsunami, because he and Susie went to spend Christmas with them??

O yes, read Micks comment as well.. i love the quote!
also apparently are the Chinese not that much into the Stions anyways (saiys the article i read).

hey guys !
maybe i got it wrong here, but i thought Adam (and edge for that matter) WAS NOT irish citizen, so why would the irish vice consul intervine ? According to international laws Adam should have ask the british consul ...?
Did i miss something, did he get the irish citizenship ? (edge too ?)

mumu2006 said:
hey guys !
maybe i got it wrong here, but i thought Adam (and edge for that matter) WAS NOT irish citizen, so why would the irish vice consul intervine ? According to international laws Adam should have ask the british consul ...?

uh they weren't BORN in Ireland, but have been living there for most of their lives!

if i recall some information correctly, i think adam was born in england and then moved to east africa as a kid and then returned to england or something...?

mumu2006 said:
hey guys !

Adam has an Irish passport (and yes I do know this for sure :wink:), hence the Irish consul would be the place to go to...

Surprisingly, Edge traveled on a UK passport as recently as PopMart, don't know if he's since changed.

Pop Artist said:

Adam has an Irish passport (and yes I do know this for sure :wink:), hence the Irish consul would be the place to go to...

Surprisingly, Edge traveled on a UK passport as recently as PopMart, don't know if he's since changed.
since he got married in Ireland, I assume he has..
babydoll, yea he was born in erm, oxfordshire(don't hit me if I'm wrong! :reject: ) and went to afghanistan at age err 16 or so, after that he moved to Ireland and Mt Temple and the rest is history we all know :)

Living in a country all your childhood doesn't make you a citizen of this country... i know that for a fact since it happened to me :)

Anyway, i read in Bono's conversations with Assayas that Edge and Adam were travelling with british passports in the 80ies, hence my question... i didn't want to offend anybody by asking or even implying they were not irish, i was just curious since a counsul's job is to help his fellow citizens which could be meaning Adam indeed got the irish citizenship.

Anyway you can marry in a country which isn't yours you just has to "make it legal"in your country by registring (? don't even know if this word actually exist) it at you ambassy. (Actually i'm not sure this apply for any other country than mine, but there's certainly some alike procedure)

Back
Top Bottom