classical music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
can someone reccomend some classical music?

i know loads but dont know what theyre called!!:mad:

i like tradgic melodies. :wink:

theres one in particular, i cant remember, the name had something to do with the sea...:eyebrow: if anyone knows...

ta. :)

My favorite piece ever is called Spem in Alium by Thomas Tallis. I have it w/ vocals and done by Kronos Quartet. Let me know if you want to hear them. The words are (English translation):

I have never put my hope in any other but in you, God of Israel,
who will be angry and yet become again gracious,
and who forgives all the sins of suffering man.
Lord God, creator of heaven and earth,
look upon our lowliness.

I'm a HUGE classical music nerd! :der:

i love anything from john barry. he did the scores for movies like dances with wolves, out of africa, mary queen of scots, midnight cowboy, and somewhere in time. he is jane seymore's uncle. it is not exactly classical, but his orchestra is beautiful and the music is soothing, altough i tend to really crank it in my truck. you can get his stuff at barnes and noble or other book/music stores that carry a large selection.

oooo, for movie scores composer, the best is by far Hans Zimmer, IMO. This guy has done EVERYTHING. My favorites = Hannibal (shitty movie, amazing score), Lion King, Prince of Egypt, Power of One, Gladiator, Tears of the Sun, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Saint-Saens - completely underrated too, in my opinion.
Danse Macabre, Aquarium (the whole Carnival of the Animals concerto is good) and The Swan :up:

Back
Top Bottom