Class of '78 Mount Temple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
Awww those are sweet! I wish I was
in Ireland when Lawrence was that
young! *imagines*
icon35.jif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

Originally posted by ultraviolet299:
U2_081.jpg

You can see Bono and Ali next to eachother, aww.. and Edge is standing all by himself
frown.gif

I wonder where the other boys are..?

I think its pretty funny that Edge is the only boy with a tie on.

Speaking of Mt. Temple, check out what I found on the Barnes and Noble Website:

I dated Bono back in 1970
I loved this book, because if you look on page 32 in the black and white picture, I am in the left hand corner of the picture. Bono- though not very tall was very chivalrous on all our dates. He made me laugh so hard one time that I wet my pants, unfortunately this story is not included in the book.

eek.gif
hot damn!

It was a review of Into the Heart by Niall Stokes.

Umm, how could she have dated Bono in 1970? This means Bono was dating at age 10!!
eek.gif

Awww... does that mean Bono was a player?

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Well I'm so old I would have gone to high school with them! That would have been so cool, they were babes! Still are, of course!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Lol you GUYS...stop robbin' the cradle, man....
biggrin.gif

heh I should talk....
smile.gif

P.S. I LOVE 'The.' He wore a tie! That's SO cute! He probably MADE the tie....

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Edge: ahem.. Bono, what are u going to wear to picture day tomorrow?
Bono: Its picture day tomorrow?!
Edge: Yeah.. silly~ *rolls eyes* of course it is!
Bono: Oh...I had no clue. *looks away*
Edge: Well anyways, can u pleeeese tell me which tie I should wear. This is really important to me ya know!!
Bono: umm, that one *points at a random object*
Edge: uhh.. Bono thats a sock!
Bono: *silence*
Edge: Geez, well I guess I will just wear the tie my grammy made for me *cheezy smile*
icon41.gif

Love that graduation pic of Mt. Temple...don't you know Bono was having a hard time sitting still for it, by the looks of things.

Interesting...had I been born of an Irish family in Dublin, and not of an Irish American family in small town Midwest, I might have been graduating with Bono, Edge and Ali in 1978!!
biggrin.gif
*I wish I wish I wish*

Disco

bono has a hard time sitting still for anything. he has the attention span of a 4 year old. lol, they were so cute back then. so dorky.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Hey, one other time this thread appeared, and I told you all that I saw an alternate class picture from Mount Temple.
Now if someone can help me with what years Larry "graduated" I can find the web site again...Edge was wearing the same tie, but bono was no where to be found.
If I find it tonight, i'll post it.
Mrs.C

You can see Bono and Ali next to eachother, aww.. and Edge is standing all by himself
frown.gif

I wonder where the other boys are..?

Okay, if this was their senior year, than Adam had already been kicked out of Mt. Temple for streaking, and Larry was 2 years behind the other boys....

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Adam got kicked out and Larry was a grade or two behind. He got his leaving cert. so he could go off with the band. Edge did too. As a matter of fact Bono is the only one who actually 'graduated high school' in the usual way. It obviously hasn't hurt their career advancement though LOL!

Young U2= cute, adorable and HOT!
smile.gif

+
Sweet, precious and innocent!
biggrin.gif

I love young U2!!

i633164.jpg

O342652.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Hey, one other time this thread appeared, and I told you all that I saw an alternate class picture from Mount Temple.
Now if someone can help me with what years Larry "graduated" I can find the web site again...Edge was wearing the same tie, but bono was no where to be found.
If I find it tonight, i'll post it.
Mrs.C

Larry never graduated. He took some kind of test to leave school early so he could travel with the band. His family said he could do it if he got a job and his sister got him the job at the phone co. where she worked, that was the 'glorified messgr. boy' he talked about in Rattle and Hum. He had to give that up after a couple of months too, U2 was on the road and he had to go! Good choice, he did the right thing!

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Look how utterly sweet and innocent and adorable and darling they are!
eek.gif

Ok girls, lets all get it together now...On the count of three: One, two, three..
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
That is too cute. The epitome of cute. I am going to go melt into a puddle now...Ta ta!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Hmm, ok I went to the Mount Temple website, and on the bulletin board there is a post by Paul Hewson! So immediately im thinking this might be a fake or something.. but it looks interesting. What do u guys think?
------------------------
Posted by Paul Hewson on February 21, 2001 at 00:02:21:

Did Bono REALLY go to mount Tepmel. As you can see, I reaaly payid attension in Mrs. McEvoys class.
-----------------------------
Posted by Jennifer Maxwell on October 25, 2001 at 16:49:48:

In Reply to: Hey guys! posted by Paul Hewson on February 21, 2001 at 00:02:21:

Paul,
I happened on the Mount Temple site with a link from another one. There you were. I certainly remember you in my art room (and you holding 'audience' in the mall) Just last Thursday I was playing golf at the Island and in came a man with the most incredibly blue eyes. (At 52 I notice these things!) They haunted me until I worked out that they belonged to one Frazer McMullen. I realised that you and he were probably my strongest memories of pupils from that year... and David Evans doing his own work over by the window in the art room.
I feel real pleasure when I see you or Ali doing the 'important things' and I think we were all really lucky to have shared in a really significant time in the development of that place. Both my children have completed their careers in Mount Temple now and they have managed to come out well grounded, questioning, and very real. Gillian is warm and generous and Hewson (his father's middle name) challenges every certainty with terrific clarity.
Go on, you all, to even greater things. Ignore the begrudgers - when did they ever do anything to make a difference!
Best wishes,
Jennifer Maxwell
---------------------------
Posted by Cocko on March 03, 2001 at 11:30:24:

In Reply to: Hey guys! posted by Paul Hewson on February 21, 2001 at 00:02:21:

: Did Bono REALLY go to mount Tepmel. As you can sewe, I reaaly payid attension in Mrs. McEvoys class.

Hay motercycle boy! have you saved any babes in distress from pervert sixth years lately?
------------------------------
Posted by Chiara on June 25, 2001 at 20:25:12:

In Reply to: Re: Hey guys! posted by Big Mac, the Mac Mac's Mac on February 23, 2001 at 20:00:09:

Hi! I'm an italian student (and a U2 fan), Chiara. I'll go in the 3rd class the next year...I hope my future will be as brilliant as yours. Bye Bye
--------------------------------
Posted by Paul on July 31, 2001 at 14:45:11:

In Reply to: Re: Hey guys! posted by Chiara on June 25, 2001 at 20:25:12:

Hi Chiara, that's a cool name. We hope you have a great time in Mount Temple.

Love and elevation from
Bono and the lads.
----------------------------------

Didn' that lady who posted on the board to (supposedly) Bono say she was 52 and went to school with Edge and Bono? I thought Bono was only 40 or 41.

Originally posted by senrab:
Didn' that lady who posted on the board to (supposedly) Bono say she was 52 and went to school with Edge and Bono? I thought Bono was only 40 or 41.

I think she's a teacher there. She mentions her art room...

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

hmmm...I went to the Mount Temple weblink and read those messages that were posted, and I noticed that Paul Hewson's name was underlined, so I clicked on it and got an e-mail address to some hotmail account. I wonder if that e-mail is really for Bono. Did anyone else check this out?

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! this is SO CUTE!!!

Posted by Paul on July 31, 2001 at 14:45:11:

In Reply to: Re: Hey guys! posted by Chiara on June 25, 2001 at 20:25:12:

Hi Chiara, that's a cool name. We hope you have a great time in Mount Temple.

Love and elevation from
Bono and the lads.

*Bono and the lads"!!!!!
eek.gif
*Squeal!*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
hmmm...I went to the Mount Temple weblink and read those messages that were posted, and I noticed that Paul Hewson's name was underlined, so I clicked on it and got an e-mail address to some hotmail account. I wonder if that e-mail is really for Bono. Did anyone else check this out?

Yes I saw this too...
maybe its not even bono's though.. u never know.

Back
Top Bottom