Check out my new Christmas ornament...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Well, it took me a couple years to get it, but I finally obtained this a few weeks ago... thought I'd take a picture of it up in the tree... now if I could only get it to light up...

u2xmas.jpg

gluey said:
:ohmy: How did you get that?!?! Very cool!

Thanks! I'm glad someone else besides me appreciates it!

Back when I was doing a blog during the Vertigo tour, I interviewed the engineers who designed the light curtains. I asked them then if they could send me one of the lights when the tour was over and they obliged. Took a bit of reminding and following up, but persistence paid off.

I actually found a local company that might make a compatible connector, so I need to find someone with the wiring know-how to help me hook it up to a power supply so I can fire it up.

u2wedge said:

Thanks! I'm glad someone else besides me appreciates it!

Back when I was doing a blog during the Vertigo tour, I interviewed the engineers who designed the light curtains. I asked them then if they could send me one of the lights when the tour was over and they obliged. Took a bit of reminding and following up, but persistence paid off.

I actually found a local company that might make a compatible connector, so I need to find someone with the wiring know-how to help me hook it up to a power supply so I can fire it up.

That's so awesome!! If you do get it connected, you'll have to post more pics!! Now that's a light that deserves the top of the tree! :yes:

gluey said:

That's so awesome!! If you do get it connected, you'll have to post more pics!! Now that's a light that deserves the top of the tree! :yes:

good idea! will need to make some sort of stand for it.

I have a large collection of U2 memorabillia, but nothing that compares to that! Very cool.

Ps Hi, neutral. Nice to see you. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Val said:
I have a large collection of U2 memorabillia, but nothing that compares to that! Very cool.

yes, this is definitely the most unique thing I have out of the small collection of stuff that I have colleccted over the years.

Back
Top Bottom