Channelling U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
This is a branch off of the excellent brain fart thread...
have you ever done anything and looked back on it and thought..."hey, Bono/Edge/Larry/Adam/Macky-Poo would have done that...I must be channelling them"
This can't be something you choose to do because you want to be like the guys, but something you do and look BACK on and laugh about?
-Curious and Awaiting Entertainment, Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Whoa Girls!
Don't all answer at once, jeez! Give everyone a fair chance to reply.
smile.gif

-I found myself doing this last week:
Gazing into a mirror, applying lipstick just 'cause, wearing a red satin shirt, and gold satin pajama pants with a lepord print robe over top and gold shoes, listening to Frank Sinatra, wondering why there were no decent night clubs nearby, and swigging from a bottle of cheap champange...And then I looked at myself, felt like Macphisto and burst out laughing.

-I was sitting in a pub with buddies and some creep came up and was really hitting on me so I told him nicely to "go away now little boy...just turn around and walk the other way and don't stop till you get home". He didn't and made a motion to touch my arm at which point I told him "Any part of you that touches me...you won't get back."
He buggered off, and I felt like Larry.

-I've never done anything very Adamy, I have worn a sarong a couple times and people say "Oh what a nice sarong" and I say "It's sarong, but it's so right."

-I have felt Edge-y when I'm with buddies and I just start making bad science jokes that no one ever gets..."yeah the next boy band could be called Ozone if there are three of them and they are all airheads.*dead silence*. Cause, you know, ozone is triatomic oxygen and there is three of...and they are air heads..oh nevermind."

-Hmmm, where do I start? I have fallen offstage on numerous occasions..Oh okay.
I once talked to a wrong number for half an hour on the phone. Does that count as Bono-y?
That'll have to do, I need to run.

-Bluey (the lone poster from the grassy knoll)

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

This is a good idea for a thread! I can't think of anything right now if I do I'll post it later! There just isn't much action here this morning, wait until later when Mona and others are on, you'll hear some good ones!

OH! I remembered another one...
How I met my lovely boyfriend (DROOL)
*We were in a class together and I came in late on the second class and gave a huge rant speech about how stupid university policy is and then sat by him...
How I endeared myself to him:
* We had a 3 hour seminar we each had to do...Mine was the last day of classes and I was trying to start but no one was paying attention to me so I opened the window, stood on a chair, and stuck my leg out. The room was on the 10th floor...that got everyone's attention.
* One of the first times we went out I impressed him by singing at the TOP of my lungs and doing cartwheels down a very busy street.
* Our relationship started when I started to talk to him after class and just kept talking for 17 hours straight...I'm NOT making this up. I started talking at 9:30 pm and stopped around 2:30 the next day...no sleeping, we just hung out in various coffee establishments and his car...By the time I was too hoarse to talk anymore, he was in Luv baby!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

-Lucky Bluey

Well I've been described as probably all 4 members of U2 and here's why:

Bono: I'm dyslexic, forgetful, clumsey...I can go on for hours about nothing in particular, my friend ended up calling me Cristyono once lol

Edge: I can have a really complicated chat with you using huge mofo arsed words that nobody not even me would understand..lol

Adam: I can sometimes be layed back, and so cool like nothing really matters to me sometimes.

Larry: If I get somebody that I don't like bugging me to hell I'll tell them...If you don't get out of my face I will make sure you will not see the light of day again (mind you I am a nonviolent person) or i'll just say Foad and walk off
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

bluey, girl, you can ALWAYS make-a me laugh!

Yes, when I do something really clumsy or my little tiny feet do something weird to keep me from falling down, I know I'm having a Bono moment. Oh, and when I'm listening to U2 and standing up, one of my legs pump up & down to the beat like Bono at Red Rocks (Sunday Bloody Sunday).

Sometimes when I look over my shoulder, I feel like Adam when he's playing his bass.
And depending on what I'm wearing, if I feel totally cool & I don't care what anyone thinks about it- it's an Adam moment, too.

Since I got a number shirt, I feel a little like Edge at times.

When I'm wearing my black leather jacket, it's a toss up between Bono & Larry- depending on my mood & footware.

Funny you should bring this up... I was debating what I should do for halloween and at first I was playing around with the idea that I should be MacPhisto... well I fell behind on planning and decided that I should start planning that now for next year, and that'll give me time to find the outfit. So then I was thinking about being the fly, because I've got the majority of the costume. Then I was thinking one day and I thought, you know, why do I have to be Bono's alter ego? Why can't I be my alter ego? So I went to Hot Topic and I found these black shiny vinyl pants like the ones Bono wears in the EBTTRT video and a set of red horns. So I think that I'm going to do that for halloween and go around to classes as my alter ego. It'll be fun... But I find myself kind of spacing out like Bono's rumored to do... if I think of anything else I'll let you know...
smile.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

LMFAO, Bluey!! I rarely have a truly snappy retort, but just love reading your posts, gawd, they make me bust out laughing, slap my hand on the desk, etc. Always good for a guffaw!
smile.gif

*Disco's downstairs neighbor...it's midnight...she stops what she's doing, cocks head toward ceiling*: "Shh...listen...she's doing it again...doesn't she live alone? I think I'm scared...hmm...should I report her?"
biggrin.gif

Okay, so FIRST OF ALL, Miss Blueness:

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I found myself doing this last week:
Gazing into a mirror, applying lipstick just 'cause, wearing a red satin shirt, and gold satin pajama pants with a lepord print robe over top and gold shoes, listening to Frank Sinatra, wondering why there were no decent night clubs nearby, and swigging from a bottle of cheap champange...

You mean, you actually DO that stuff and DRESS that way...in real life????? OMG!!!
eek.gif
YOU ROCK!!! Please come shopping with me, my dahhhhling...

"It's sarong, but it's so right."

LMAO!!! Adam would be proud.

"yeah the next boy band could be called Ozone if there are three of them and they are all airheads.*dead silence*. Cause, you know, ozone is triatomic oxygen and there is three of...and they are air heads..oh nevermind."

eek.gif
Wow. A female Edge. She really does exist. Heh. If you two meet, will world's collide???

---
Okay back to the task at hand. I'm pretty much not Bono...well, maybe when I'm drunk; but I AM the gadget-girl, Ms. Fixit, computer geek/know it all, so in that respect I'm rather Edge-y; I'm a fashion FREAK, love all of that, so I'm rather Adam-y that way; and oh boy, on a bad day, I can rival anything snarly Mr. Mullen can dish out...tho I tend to feel really bad if I happen to let a FOAD slip out at someone (damn that conscience!!!)
smile.gif

Does that mean I'm channelling U2...or just schizophrenic???

Disco dawgie

Back
Top Bottom