CBS showing "U2's Beautiful Day" tonight in the Midwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
My Wisconsinite parents have informed me of the boys on television tonight!

Slane Castle performances

9 pm central time on CBS

I'm not sure if it's on anywhere else in the country...I hope so though!

yeah, 10pm eastern, it's a 1 hr version of the slane show. i talked with marina, who saw it twice on TV in ireland...she said it is so chopped and shortened that it made her mad! hahaha......

i still plan to tape it though.

elizabeth said:

i still plan to tape it though.

Oh, absolutely! Me too!

*side note*

VH1's is having their Big Phat Thanksgiving Weekend and this afternoon they showed Legends and the Best Of special again...Probably because of tonight, I'm guessing. :happy:

wertsie said:

Legends and the Best Of special again...Probably because of tonight :happy:

I remember having to watch that WAAAAAAAY too many times because i offered to copy it for people who sent me video tapes.....boy do i have that stuff memorized!!

elizabeth said:

I remember having to watch that WAAAAAAAY too many times because i offered to copy it for people who sent me video tapes.....boy do i have that stuff memorized!!

Me too, I've seen that thing so many times....

"but his friends would not let him go"

"it wasn't until we got at each other a whole lot that we started to talk"

"i put them on and they haven't come off since"

Funnily enough, I can't think of a Larry quote right off the bat...hmmm. :hmm:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Halfway through and it's bringing back all sorts of amazing memories.....SLANE!!! It's so beautiful!!! Too bad it's only a frickin' hour long!!!!

OMBono...
Just finished watching it in the big apple here... god, it was just sooooooooooooo good. There are no words to describe it... everything was just SO bloody awesome!

I :heart: U2!

Last edited:
What A Fantastic Concert!!!!!!!!

I've just finished watching Slane, and it was MAGNIFICENT!!!!! The crowd was so into it, and they helped make the show very exciting. The B-Man was in great voice, and I want a video still of him leaning on Adam, as he did a couple of times.

IwantaDVDIwantaDVD I WANT A DVD OF THE ENTIRE CONCERT!!!!!!

And the only other thing I have to say is?how can anyone NOT love this band?!?!?!?!

:hug: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :hug:

U2 need to tour. NOW.

Selfish Kristie: Bono needs to stop travelling round the world with that third world debt and AIDS thing and get back in the studio so they can finish their album and TOUR. NOW.

that is all :D

I had planned on coding Slane tonight and busting out some stills...
however, my VCR has decided to malfunction while I have been away at school these last months... and despite taking it apart, taking pieces out, putting them back in, and nearly electrocuting myself, it will not be fixed
*weeps*

maybe there's one stashed out in the garage or something...

So, my parents are completly incompotent and taped the wrong channel. I had the tape set in the right place and the VCR on and set on the rigth channel. How they screwed this up, I do not understand. :mad:

Can somebody hook me up with a copy? I'll send you a blank
tape and pay for shipping.

I loved it!!!! I am going to be a total dork and watch it again on tape right now, and I might just watch it again tomorrow!
WHOOOOHOOOO! U2 SLANE! GO U2!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Someone ( :sexywink: ) had sent me a copy of the Irish broadcast, and they cut some parts out for this CBS thing... like the boys doing a little "follow the leader" walk around the heart at the end, and I would have to rewatch the Irish thing, but I think they also cut out that part of SBS when they start the song again...

BUT, it was great watching U2 on TV! And this was an awesome concert.

And Larry smiled!!! :drool:

OMG!!!! I've just seen it! I wish I had been in that show :sad: It's brilliant, I loveeeeee ittttt. I had to download it because I don't know when it will be aired in Spain (in the case it was aired) and I couldn't wait. It took me almost two weeks with my 56 k modem but it was worthwhile :love: :love: :love:

Bubbles!

Wow...that was such a great show...*sighs*..here are my comments :dance:

-Edge closing his eyes at the end of Streets...:love: :drool: Beautiful.....:combust:
-Edge doing his "I don't think we'll be crap" and the little head shake thingie :cute:
-Bono: "Last time we played here we were complete crap. I think Edge threw up..." Poor Edge! :sad:
-Seeing pride and one live (not on the elevation dvd, so that was cool)
-Bubbles!!! :huh: (no comment)
-My complete respect for Bono actually being able to do the concert itself...that takes a lot in a person...i felt so bad when they had to take his guitar during Walk On because he was so hurt...that's strength right there. :yes:

And that's about all...but i definitely was giggling during the end of streets...but i regained my composure..mostly! :laugh:

does anyone remember the part near the end where bono says something like "thank you for giving us a great life.....this is our love...." and then smiles and looks back at larry, who is also laughing? i wonder what that cute little exchange was about. it seemed like they were sharing a joke. it was incredible to see. i loved it.

and i may be reading into things, but there was one part when edge looked like he was going to cry...and i think it was near a part where bono mentioned his dad. i may have been a little teary eyed meself though...so who knows.

seeing the crowd was unbelieveable. i can't forget that entire experience. it was so special.

i'm with kristie! more tour more tour!

elizabeth said:
does anyone remember the part near the end where bono says something like "thank you for giving us a great life.....this is our love...." and then smiles and looks back at larry, who is also laughing? i wonder what that cute little exchange was about. it seemed like they were sharing a joke. it was incredible to see. i loved it.

that was one of my favorite parts. another moment was before streets, when bono was wailing his heart out... i could hear his pain and anguish... :(

i love this show :heart::bono::edge::larry::adam::heart:

Last edited:
i was just remembering my dad's phone call yesterday before the show...he called because he saw a commercial, and then reminded me of how he had called way back in aug or sept to tell me U2 was on TV, he had seen Bono. It was actually BON JOVI opening up football season. My poor dad. He tries so hard!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom