CBS showing "U2's Beautiful Day" tonight in the Midwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: It was incredible! I only wish we could've seen the entire show. The crowd was just going mad the entire time. From what I saw, it was much better than Boston (not that Boston wasn't great, but Boston didn't have Out of Control and One!!!). I want a DVD now!

I taped it and haven't watched it all yet, I've only seen like the first 15 minutes, but my one comment so far:

I thought it was so cute when Bono was thanking all their parents for giving 500 pounds, and then turned to the audience and said "thank you all, because I'm sure you've all given us 500 pounds by now"
:hug: :hug: :heart:

OHHH OHH!!!
I don't know if anyone has said anything about this yet, but........
did you notice B-man's voice at the beginning of STREETS?!?!?
THE OPERA VOICE????!?!
IT WAS AMAZING!!!!
:hug: :heart: :bono: :love: :combust:

Re: *just finished watching it*

Phuzzie_the_camera_girl said:
OMD!!!!!! That was great!
:combust: :heart: :heart:

LOL at this part....

Bono: "Is there time to take a piss?" *goes in the bathroom* "LALALALAAAAAA!"

Oh, that's what he said?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lmao:!

I liked at the beginning, too, when Bono said something like, "The first time we played here we were crap. The crowd never booed us...I think Edge threw up." :D.

Thanks to the high winds in our area, the channel I'd originally had it on started getting a little goofy, but there were two other channels that were carrying that concert, so I just flipped it over to one of the other ones, so my tape's gonna be a little out of whack, but it's okay, I got the concert and most of the problem with the channel happened during a commerical break, too, so...:).

Some of the best moments for me:

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" (in all the live performances of this song that I've seen (which isn't many, but still), I always love how they manage to throw in cool things, like speeches or lyrics from other songs or whatnot), when Bono was telling the audience to throw their hands up and all that.

"Walk On"-when Bono dedicated it to his dad...:sad:...poor guy, I just wanted to give him a hug or something.

"One"-beautiful version of the song.

When Bono was running around the heart...my dad was watching with me and he's like, "Geez, slow down, you're making me tired!" (Bono's only three years younger than my dad :D). My dad loved the concert, he said the guys sounded fantastic live and he was amazed at the number of people that were there (that was a LOT of people!).

The "Elevation" and "Beautiful Day" performances rocked, so did the "Pride" performance.

Just a wonderful concert. Absolutely wonderful.

Angela

OOoooo I LOVED it!!! Sorry for misleading anyone into thinking it was only on in the Midwest...my friend finally managed to get a newspaper and we discovered it was on it the City as well...:reject:

Comments-
* The part with Bono and the bathroom!! :lmao:
* Edge looked like he was going to or was crying at
the beginning of Streets- anyone notice this?
* Larry and Bono's little smile exchange :love:
* Out of Control was AWESOME!! I loved how they
pretended they were just starting the band
* The crowd was GREAT- that sea of people...I remember
when I was in a sea like that! U2 need to tour and come
to NYC!
* What was up with that big plastic beer bottle in the crowd? :eeklaugh:
* I wish there was more, but what there was ROCKED!!

:heart: U2 :heart:

this was simply amazing, I loved larry during the show he just seemed to be having such a great time. I loved Out of Control especially when bono sings "my oh my" :love: I sure would want to see the entire show.

I loved this show... I had to tape it because I was out to a movie with my family... but I was able to watch it on Saturday and let me just say that I cannot beLIEVE the amount of energy and emotion in that show... I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be there. I had a hard time NOT bawling my eyes out... there was just so much love and emotion... I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful grieving process...

This concert will go down in U2 history.. I think it's the epitome of great performances: the band was right on target... it was stunning

I'll forever be in awe...

elevation2u said:
this was simply amazing, I loved larry during the show he just seemed to be having such a great time.

Did he? He looked like he always does kinda like this :mac:

But I did notice the smile exchange with Bono -
did he make a mistake or something because
it was in the middle of a song?

Anyhoo--- there was a lot of people
but what I didn't see was any girls showing their
boobs:tongue:
I mean is that like only a rock eighties thing?
I know I'm:coocoo: but I would totally do that!:evil:
Ok...but only in that kind of crowd and if I was lifted
on someone's shoulders ...hell... I would be like
looky here Larry like these 36D's :lol: :ohmy:

Re: Bubbles!

rockonedge said:
Wow...that was such a great show...*sighs*..here are my comments :dance:

-Edge closing his eyes at the end of Streets...:love: :drool: Beautiful.....:combust:
-Edge doing his "I don't think we'll be crap" and the little head shake thingie :cute:
-Bono: "Last time we played here we were complete crap. I think Edge threw up..." Poor Edge! :sad:

-eyes closed thinge at the end of streets--i fell off my chair
-"don't think..crap" thing--fell off my chair again
--"last time...threw up"--fell off my chair (actually think that was the first of the three times)
ok, it was a rocking chair and it tends to tip people off it anyway...

it was really great!!!! i NEVER get to see stuff when it's on tv! and the part that i can't beleive is that even though immediatly after my mom watched the news (to find out about all the "wintery mix on it's way" warninggs that kept popping up across the bottom of the screen were about) i watched the tape again...and then twice the next day...but it seems like everyone else here noticed all sorts of other cool-band-member-stuff that i missed...i was wondering if that part in pride where larry laughed had anything to do with how his drums came in after bono waved his arms back at him, although it didn't sound wierd or anything...

out of control lyrics?? what was that about big ideas? cool though and i love that song, it's one of my favourite!

(by madonna's child)

So, my parents are completly incompotent and taped the wrong channel. I had the tape set in the right place and the VCR on and set on the rigth channel. How they screwed this up, I do not understand.

:sad: i WISH i had the means to copy my tape, i'm sure someone else can and probably in better quality than i could anyway...two nights before i taped the wrong channel when this paul mccartney special was on. atleast i was watching it as i was attempting to tape it. vcrs are EVIL. mine switched channels in the middle of taping so all throughout the u2 stuff i was worrying that it would do the same thing. i've always gone around thinking that the beatles or anyone of the beatles were the BEST, but i would have felt worse had slane castle not taped...

someone said Edge looked like he was gonna cry at the beginning of streets... yeah, I noticed that too, I was like AAAAWWW EEEDDGEEEEEE :hug:
and DAMN there were a lot of people there
and DAMN that was a good concert, my aunt called me up in the middle of it and was like "ARE YOU WATCHING IT?? THIS IS SO GREAT!!!"
mmmmmmmmm slane
DVD NOW

Kristie said:
someone said Edge looked like he was gonna cry at the beginning of streets... yeah, I noticed that too, I was like AAAAWWW EEEDDGEEEEEE :hug:
and DAMN there were a lot of people there
and DAMN that was a good concert, my aunt called me up in the middle of it and was like "ARE YOU WATCHING IT?? THIS IS SO GREAT!!!"
mmmmmmmmm slane
DVD NOW

your aunt called you and said that! that's cool! my family kind of went "oh good it's only an hour long"...:(

IWasBored said:
your aunt called you and said that! that's cool! my family kind of went "oh good it's only an hour long"...:(

Gee, way to share in your enthusiasm, huh?

My parents watched the thing with me (well, actually, my mom and sister had gone to the store, so they missed the first few minutes of it, but still...they watched with me nonetheless :D).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Gee, way to share in your enthusiasm, huh?

My parents watched the thing with me (well, actually, my mom and sister had gone to the store, so they missed the first few minutes of it, but still...they watched with me nonetheless :D).

Angela

my mom sat at in the kitchen making comments like "how old are they now? you can't tell me that bono doesn't dye his hair...is the edge completely bald now? i guess you couldn't tell with that hat on" and my brother watched it going "you know they suck this is boring" and threatened to tape over it with dragonball (i like dragonball z, but i do not like dragonball...dragonball is far less funny and centered on the most annoying character in the whole series, atleast dragonball z has vegeta)

the thing i don't get it is that before i left for college my mom and brother LOVED u2...my mom was glad that they played pride, but other than that...

how could you sit and watch that and NOT enjoy it?!?! i don't see a smiley that expresses how much that baffles me...

Back
Top Bottom