Caught By The Heel chapter 6.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauryl

The Fly
I found out I have to go to North Carolina until Wednesday night, and I spent so much time thinking about this chapter that I didn't have time to write it when I was done thinking about it LOL. So here's the half that I have... I'll post the rest when I get back and, as always, this story is nothing but filthy tricksy lies.

Chapter 6: Miracle

The warm night air washed over Larry and Gwen as they stepped onto the street. Or rather, wobbled onto the street. They weren't drunk -of course not!- but Larry had that unmistakable swagger and Gwen had that special giggle that he was finding the cutest thing in the world. Perhaps they'd had a few more glasses of wine than they had planned, but that was the fun of it. They decided to start wandering and end up wherever they'd end up.

Larry drank in the surprisingly salty air with a sigh. "In Dublin, you can't even smell the beach even when you're standing in the water."

She laughed. "Are there beaches in Dublin?"

"No! What gave you that idea?"

There was that giggle again. "Did anyone ever tell you you walk like Bono when you're drunk?"

"Not drunk."

"You are too."

"There's no R."

She shook a finger at him. "Ya know, you need to stop being so negative all the time."

"Do not," he retorted playfully, a corner of his mouth twitching.

She stopped walking and stared at the dimple on his cheek by the light of a streetlight. "Larry?"

"Yeah?" He was smiling now, watching the way the wind wafted her curls into her face. She was probably going to tell him to go to hell, but as long as she wasn't leaving, yet...

"I like you."

His face broke into a grin. "Well that's a miracle," was the first thing that came to mind.

"You're right- my favourite scent in the world! How did you know that?"

"Pardon?"

"Miracle, by Lancome."

He blinked. "Oh. Is that the perfume you're wearing?"

"Yeah, see?" And she brushed her hair away from her throat, and craned her head to the side. She was inviting him to sniff her neck? She grinned invitingly, so he tentatively pulled her close and took a deep breath.

"Mmmmm," was his only reply as he couldn't resist pressing his lips to her smooth skin. She smelled so good. He spread kisses all the way up to her ear and then took her chin gently to look in her eyes. "I like you too."

She smiled dazzledly, her blue eyes sparkling more than he thought should be legal. He looked at her mouth. That sweet, rosy mouth that he realised he wanted to kiss more than anything in the world. He looked back to her eyes and found them closed, her eyelashes were splayed on her slightly freckled cheek.

Larry moved in, capturing that mouth in the sweetest kiss he'd ever had... He was smitten. Her lips parted and he was inside in an instant, his tongue meeting hers and entwining with it. Cars flew by and people brushed past but the only thing they were aware of was that kiss that left them gazing at each other with ragged breath.

"Wow," she said, touching her mouth as if to see if it were still there.

He took her fingers with the hand not on the side of her face, pulling them away from her lips so he could kiss her again. Then he kissed her fingers and held them as he propelled himself into the onslaught of people, keeping her close behind him.

"Where are we going?" She asked excitedly, clinging to his hand.

He threw a boyish grin at her as he led her into a pub. "We're not nearly drunk enough!"

Well, that's it. SO SORRY I don't have more for you... but I'll be doing a lot of writing in the car. I'm also cooking up a Mary Sue story for Adam, and a Morleigh/Edge fic ever since I found out that she was the lady in the WOWY video. I dunno if I should post chapters of those stories until I've finished Caught By The Heel? Tell me. See you Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom