Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 5

The experiments on the Bonosapian have begun

---------------------------------------------------

The room Bono had been locked in was spacious, but had a rather clinical feel to it. There was a single-size bed butted up against one wall. It was made up with a blue blanket and white sheets, pressed and folded down with hospital precision. There was a long counter along one wall, with cabinets above and drawers below. A treadmill stood in one corner, and a doorway which led to a bathroom filled another. One entire wall was taken up by a mirror, and the others were lined here and there with various medical equipment. He could see a blood pressure monitor, an EKG machine, and other things he didn't recognize.

Bono was torn between being agitated and being excited. He was of course still worried about himself, he had, after all, been kidnapped. But this didn't seem like such a bad place. The ladies holding him captive hadn't actually done anything harmful to him, in fact a couple of them had begun giving him a rather nice massage, which had unfortunately been interrupted.

And then there was the beachball. They'd given him a wonderful beachball to play with, which he was now bouncing off of the very shiny mirror with joy. He still wasn't sure what else they had in store for him, but they'd promised not to harm him, and said they'd let him go when they were done, so he might as well tough it out, whatever it was that was coming.

Bono smiled to himself and hugged the beachball. He knew that if Larry could see him now, and knew how accepting he'd become of his uncertain fate, Larry would think him crazy. But that was just Larry's way. Suddenly Bono heard the jingle of keys outside the door. Dropping the beachball, he turned to face the door, wondering which of them was on the other side, and what they wanted from him now.

The door swung open and three of them stepped inside. Gluey, the head of the BRI, and two others. Gluey was holding a clipboard and a pen, and one of the others went over to the counter where she pulled open a drawer and pulled out a tape measure.

"Bono, this is JC and Alisaura. We're going to start our study now."

"First we need to measure you and settle the endless debate on just how big the Bonosapian is." Alisaura said, pulling out the end of the tape measure a bit. Bono gasped.

"Yes, so we're going to need you to take off your shoes." JC added.

"Oh." Bono said, blushing slightly. "You want to see how tall I am."

"Yes, what did you think we wanted to measure?" Alisaura asked.

"Nothing." Bono said in a small voice, sitting down on the bed to take off his shoes.

Just then a scuffling sound from the other side of the mirrored wall caught everyone's attention, and then suddenly GG was standing in the doorway.

"Wait!" She shouted, and Bono paused with his hands halfway down to his shoes. "€5 says purple!"

"What?" Bono asked, confused.

"I'll say dark red." JC said, laughing.

"Hmm, black." Alisaura added.

"I'll say green, just to be completely different." Gluey said, grinning.

"Okay, go on Bono." GG said. Bono, although still confused, went back to untying his shoes. As soon as he got the first one off though, the girls in the room burt into noise.

"Alright!" GG shouted, while the other three made sounds of disappointment. Bono was utterly confused until he looked down at his foot and realized he was wearing purple socks.

"You lot were making bets on the colour of my socks?!" He asked, amazed.

"We live in a very small world, Bono." GG said.

"And you're at the center of it." Gluey added. Bono simply shook his head and took off his other shoe.

"Okay, stand up. And no tippy-toes." Alisaura waited for Bono to stand, then knelt at his feet and held down the end of of the tape measure. JC took the plastic casing from her and pulled it upward, releasing the yellow aluminum tape. Holding it level with the top of his head, she squinted at the number and then turned to Gluey.

"Five foot six."

"As we suspected." Gluey said, writing down the number. "You can sit back down, Bono." She added, as Alisaura let go of the end of the tape measure and it snapped back into the orange casing.

"Now I need you to take off your shirt." JC said, putting the tape measure aside.

"Why?" He asked, putting his hands across his chest protectively.

"We just need to do some tests, that's all."

Shrugging, Bono untucked his black t-shirt from his jeans and began lifting it up.

--------------------------

Cruelly, I'm going to end this chapter there You'll have to wait until chapter six to see what happens when Bono takes his shirt off.

Mini poll:

Should I be posting these chapters up faster?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Local Time: 05:39 AM
Yes you should!!!

Nice chapter this week!

And AHHH!!!! What a cliffhanger! I won't be able to stand the wait!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
Professional Insomniac

Location: If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I'm not. I'm in New Brunswick.
I am really enjoying this. It's good to laugh after a hard day.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dianepm
I am really enjoying this. It's good to laugh after a hard day.
it's really funny! you know, I can't help laughing everytime I see the new spicegirls' video...I can so see you all, girls, and GG's photomontage

"Yes, what did you think we wanted to measure?" Alisaura asked.
"Nothing." Bono said in a small voice
(...)
"We live in a very small world, Bono." GG said.
"And you're at the center of it." Gluey added. Bono simply shook his head and took off his other shoe.

poor bono! I so would be there to see it!

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
Mini poll:
Should I be posting these chapters up faster?
should we answer you?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
blm
New Yorker

DOL ---- Oh, this is REALLY ADORABLE. (..shiny beachball!!, sock color guessing game)-you've got it all going on!!!!

I would love to see us all gathered around the "real" Bono, and watch him read this after we have all had a few drinks. (oh, wait - that is a fanfic for another day) Would anyone want to tackle him, I mean it!!!

NEED MORE SOON, and there better be HOTNESS involved!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:39 AM
...just how big the Bonosapien is....
Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 04:39 AM
Love the testing so far

To answer your mini poll....YES!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:39 AM
Can't WAIT for then ext bit!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 AM
I love the way you have me taking things off.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh, this is rich! I've been trying to get around to reading this for awhile now, and today I had a stroke of luck, as my boss had to go to the emergency room, leaving me unattended! Ehrm, does that sound bad? Hey, her husband drove her!

Anyway, in answer to the poll: Post away as fast as you can, DOL!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #11
Galeonbroad

so bono is about as perverted as us...

I Told ya, purple socks for the WIN!

and to answer your poll, YES
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 11-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:39 PM
OMG This is great! Purple socks, measurements, centre of our world.....all so very very Pleban!! And only Plebans can laugh at themselves like this!!

Yes DOL as Head Honcho I order you to post faster

Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
OMG This is great! Purple socks, measurements, centre of our world.....all so very very Pleban!! And only Plebans can laugh at themselves like this!!
btw, has no one there taken the trouble to measure his shoes' heels and its weight, DOL?
just asking...
I was wondering how much weight his legs lift at every few feet...

...didn't mean to horn in though....
Old 11-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 10:39 AM
I volunteer to take a measurement

It DOL

And yes , i love them quicker