Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
I know you've all been waiting for it, so here's chapter 2. In this chapter, things begin picking up, and it includes the first appearance of PLEBAns... including myself :wink:

Enjoy:

---------------------------------------------------

"Is that Adam in that car? It is, isn't it?" The slender, dark figure peering out the top window of the building asked frantically.

Another female approached the window, her black high heels clicking and clacking on the linoleum floor. "I think it just might be."

The first girl squealed, backing away from the window a bit. Just then, another girl entered the room. She was dressed in track pants, and her long dark hair was pulled into a ponytail. "Is he here? Did he actually come?"

"Looks like it." Answered the girl in the tight black dress and heels.

"Oh my god." The girl with the ponytail whispered.

A fourth figure entered the room. This one was dressed in a short, childish white dress. Her long blonde hair was pulled into pigtails. She stopped by a mirror attached to the wall and grimaced at her reflection. "I look like a fool!"

"How do you think I feel?" Asked the one in the black dress, pulling at the clingy material.

"Who cares? Bono's here! It's worth it!" The girl with the ponytail exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

"He's here?!" The girl with the pigtails asked and rushed toward the window.

A fifth figure entered the room then. She had red hair and was wearing a tight dress, bearing a Union Jack. "Did you just say he's here? Come on, we've got to get downstairs." She paused, hands on her hips and looked around at the other four girls. "Carmel! Your wig fell off again!"

The girl nearest the window, who was dressed in a tight leapard-skin suit looked down at the floor, where a bushy fro wig lay at her feet. "Oh damn, this stupid thing." She said, picking it up and plopping it back on her head. "Where did you get these costumes anyway, Chass?"

"A costume shop downtown. And I know, I know they're uncomfortable, but it shouldn't be for long. I doubt we'll be able to fool him long, and once the jig is up, we'll be able to be ourselves again."

"Well considering we look like the Spice Girls circa 1997, I doubt he'll be fooled for long." GG said, the sighed. "Why oh why did I have to be Baby Spice?!"

"Because you're blonde! I saved on having to buy another wig." She said, straightening her own ginger-coloured wig.

"My outfit's comfortable." Babydoll said, running her fingers through her long ponytail.

"That's because you got to be Sporty. You're practically wearing pajamas. I'm practically wearing underwear." Kaf paused on her way toward the stairs with the others and glanced at the mirror. "Isn't Posh blonde now anyway?"

Chass glanced back at Kaf. "Close enough."

The girls were halfway down the stairs when the doorbell rang. Carmel, dressed as Scary Spice, was a few steps ahead of everyone else, and so she was the one who rushed forward to open the door for Bono.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bono stood at the heavy steel door of the building and rang the doorbell. There was a small window at eye-level in the door. Bono peered through it, but the window was slightly dirty, and the hallway beyond it was somewhat poorly lit, and so he couldn't see much. He waited, and was pondering ringing the doorbell a second time, when he spotted someone inside coming toward the door.

"Hello, love." Bono said warmly when she opened the door. But the woman in the leopard suit was gazing past him, to where Adam's car was idling.

"Isn't Adam coming in?" She asked, and in the back of his mind Bono thought there was something slightly off about her accent. He tried to get a better look at her as she leaned forward, peering over his shoulder, but the sheer size of her hair kept drawing his eyes upward and away from her face.

"I'm afraid not, Mel B. He had some other things to attend to." Bono said, as he waved goodbye to Adam and stepped into the building. The heavy door clanged shut behind him, and Bono glanced around the dimly lit hallway. The other four girls were standing in a semi-circle facing him.

Bono opened his mouth to greet them, but paused. There was something not quite right about them. They looked less like themselves and more like parodies of themselves. He watched as Ginger elbowed Posh and pointed to her lips. Posh mouthed the word 'Oh' before pursing her lips into the typical Posh Spice style.

Bono raised his eyebrows and fiddled nervously with his sleeves. "Uh, ladies, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Ginger asked, nonchalantly tugging at her short dress.

"I mean why are you dressed like that? You don't look like yourselves, I mean, you do, but you don't.." Bono trailed off, feeling embarrassed for rambling on about it like that, but something was incredibly wrong about it.

He took a step toward them to get a better look, when Scary took him by the elbow and began leading him toward a side doorway. "Come into our reception room, and we'll tell you all about it." He'd taken two steps with her toward the doorway when he finally got close enough to the other four to get a good look at their faces.

What he saw didn't shock him as much as it should've. He'd known something wasn't right as soon as he'd gotten there. The women surrounding him in the hallway were not the Spice Girls at all, but rather five young women dressed as them. He quickly took a step back toward the front door. "What's going on here? You're not the Spice Girls at all!"

Just then, in a blur of white lace, and blonde hair, the one dressed as Baby Spice rushed past him to the front door. Her eyes slightly wild, and her pigtails coming loose, she stood in front of it facing him, with her hands spread against it on either side of her. Bono barely had time to react before the other three rushed forward to join Scary at his side. Suddenly he was being held firmly by four pairs of hands.

"Help!" He called out, before one of the hands, he couldn't tell whose, reached up and covered his mouth. Behind him, "Baby Spice" let out a noise of indignation.

"Don't touch the scruff! Save some for me!" A pause, and then. "Chass, give me the key so I can lock the door!"

The one dressed as Ginger spice removed one hand from his arm, fished into her cleavage and pulled out an old fashioned iron key.

"Chass, ew." The fake Sporty Spice said.

"Do you see any pockets on this stupid dress? No." She said and tossed the key past him to the other girl. And then he was ushered into the next room. As he went, he could clearly hear the sound of a strong lock being bolted behind him. The sound filled him with dread.

--------------------------

Dun dun DUN! :ohmy:

:combust:

:evil: we're so never gonna let him out of there... muahahahaha!

ps. I'm still mad at you :grumpy: I hate to be baby spice damnit. do.not.want!

Oh My Freakin Lord! I'm Scary Spice:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: We could be a very odd looking Spice Girls. Chass, this is awesome. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

:drool: I've been so stressed lately this fic is just what I needed to take me away from it all.:up:

DOL13- Very exciting and fun so far....can't wait for more. PLEASE PLEASE say you have more coming!! I want to see what "you" girls do with Bono and how he reacts.:drool: :hyper: :giggle: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom