Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
So, we all know now that Bono is not going to be writing a song for the Spice Girls anytime soon, but while the rumour lasted, the (horrible? hilaruous?) possibility of it inspired me to start a crazy little fic.
A crazy fic involving a number of PLEBAns, including myself. So while most fics include a disclaimer saying "blah blah blah, I don't own U2", mine's going to straightforwardly apologize for writing you guys into a fic. I'm sure parts of it will be flattering, but I still find it weird turning people I actually know into characters. Much weirder than just writing about the band members (or about fictional characters). My representation of real PLEBAns is probably inaccurate and stereotypical, so I'm apologizing for that now, even though no PLEBAns appear in the first chapter.

Anyway, off with the horns, on with the show:

---------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you're actually doing this, Bono." Larry said from where he sat behind his drumkit in the studio, arms crossed.

"It's for Africa, Larry." Bono said simply, as though that would make Larry feel any better about it. Larry simply rolled his eyes and busied himself with adjusting his hi-hat.

Bono was running late and growing more flustered by the moment. He picked up a pile of loose papers lying on the couch, looked through them, then lay them back down messily. "I've got a plane to London to catch! Where's my laptop?"

Edge barely looked up from his own laptop to answer. "Did you look under the couch?"

"Why would it be under the couch?"

"Did you look?"

Sighing, Bono got down on his knees and peeked under the couch. Lo and behold, his laptop was nestled there among the Smartie wrappers. Bono stood up, tucked it into its case, and looked around. "Alright guys, I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Bye, Bono." Edge said, actually looking up from the computer screen this time.

"Would you please bring Adam back with you? I think our new album is a bit more important than his bleeding petunias." Larry said.

"I'll try." Bono said, and was out the door.

Bono got to the airport just in the nick of time to catch his short flight to London. Upon arriving at Heathrow, he felt calmer, and was grateful that Adam would be picking him up there. It was one less thing to worry about.

Adam was parked somewhat illegally at the front of the airport, waiting for him. After all the strange faces ogling him on the plane, Adam's calm face was a sight for sore eyes. Smiling, Bono tossed his bags into the backseat and climbed in alongside Adam. "How's the new house?"

"Lovely. The garden needs work though."

Bono smiled and silently reminded himself to relay that sentiment to Larry, who would surely get a kick out of it. He glanced at his watch and looked back over at Adam. "I'd love to see it, but I'm running late..."

"As usual." Adam quipped, smiling.

Bono grinned back. "So could you just drop me off straightaway with the Girls?"

"Sure, but are you sure you got the address right? It seems a strange place to record."

"It can't be any stranger than Hanover Quay can it?"

"Yeah, but this isn't Dublin. And they're women. I imagined they'd be recording in some posh, mind the pun, suite with cushy sofas and modern art on every wall."

"Now Adam, you're being stereotypical."

"I'm just describing what I've observed."

After some time navigating the busy streets of London, the pair found themselves entering the warehouse district. According to the information Bono had been given over the phone, this was where he'd find The Spice Girls' new recording space. Bono fished the slip of paper upon which he'd scrawled the address out of his pocket, and after a few wrong turns, Adam pulled up in front of a non-descript grey building.

"Looks like this is it." He said, putting the car into park.

Bono pushed his sunglasses down and peered over them at the three-story building. Heavy grey curtains covered all of the windows except one on the top floor. He lowered his eyes and looked around at the nearly deserted street they were parked on. "I don't see any cars. Just that van over there. What's 'BRI' anyway?"

Adam twisted around and glanced at the van Bono had indictated. It was a plain white delivery van with 'BRI' stamped on its side in large black letters. There was no other information, no logo, no phone number, nothing. "No clue."

"Alright then." Bono said, opening the car door. "Want to come in and say hello?"

"I'd better not. That Mel B. fancies me."

Bono furrowed his brow. "Which one is Mel B. again?"

"Scary Spice."

Bono nodded. "So that would make Mel C...."

"Sporty."

"Right. I'll have to remember that. See you tonight."

Bono got out of the car and approached the building.

-------------------------------

To be continued ;)

OOh I just saw this but I'm off to bed so i will bring my laptop to work tomorrow and read it there! :shifty:

:hyper:

You had better have more soon (PRETTY PLEASE)!!!
Love the smartie wrappers and laptop under the couch!!
such an adorable ditz.

:lol: He's going to be so sorry (or happy!) when he enters that building! :evil:

Great, DOL! Can't wait to read what goes on from here. heh.

Back
Top Bottom