Carboard....U2......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay...I've searched EVERY Party for Less store in Washington for lifesize cardboard cutouts of Bono and Adam...I was not successful...

Anyone know where in the world u can find these cardboard cutouts???
confused.gif

oy...if anyone can help I would appreciate it
biggrin.gif

I know U2 has cardboard Adam...

and I'm sure many of you are curious where you can buy cardboard U2 members...lol
wink.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

U2: Rock's Hottest Tamales

Hi Girls!
I think cardboard Adam was made in a print shop somewhere. Awhile ago we talked about this, and our answer was to make our own at Kinkos. The deal with Kinkos:you have to have a very clear picture of the subject (Mr.Clayton) and I don't remember how big the picture has to be...someone here in PLEBA called and found out all this info for us.
I was going to get a cutout made of him from the waist up, so I could sit him in my passenger seat in my car...
I hope this helps....but definately maybe you should call Kinkos and find out what they say...

I think you can get them made at Kinko's. *loves Kinko's* I'm afraid of being committed though.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

They are going to cost a pretty penny.....
my parents would probably kick me out.....
maybe if I remember, I'll call there tomorrow...........

*gets on bus to Kinko's in Issaqua*

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooo making cardboard Bono and Adam!!

THANK YOU ALL.
biggrin.gif

now what to do with them....

*plot*
*snicker*
hehe
wink.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

My U2 Site

Idea though: What if we Seattle PLEBA girls all had one made, I wonder if Kinkos would give us a discount???
I bet they would...........

That would be funny, all of us trooping into Kinko's with U2 pictures ...
biggrin.gif

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

Phuzzie.......do you want to call or should I?? Actually we both should call, that way we can check prices....maybe one location would be cheaper than another.
*I'm scratching my head*

Seattle PLEBA get-together at Kinko's!!!!!
LOL
wink.gif

em...I'll call when I wake up tomorrow...
u can try too, fine w/ me
biggrin.gif

ooooo....my very own cardboard Bono and Adam...

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

My U2 Site

Ok, Magena had a better answer.
At first I wasn't going to consider this, but if I got an Adam like the one the band has there would be a reason for his excistence to give to my family beyond "It's Adammmm, mmmm."
smile.gif

I just woke up and can't tell if that made sense right now.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Could someone give me the price range of how much they cost, please?
smile.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

*cough*

I owneth an Adam.

Cardboard Adam likes: my cat, wearing my sweaters, my hat, going for long car rides.

Cardboard Adam Dislikes: my dog (he knocks poor Adam over), people staring (wait, that's me), wearing pants.

Cardboard Adam's Cost: Lots.
biggrin.gif
Like, I'm embarrassed to say it lots. The way I made it cheaper was to find my own cardboard. After finding the cardboard (from an appliance store) I glued Adam on and cut of his Edges (ooo, I capitolized that without thinking).

pssst! 'twas $7.99/square foot of Adam for printing. It is $8.99/square foot to 'mount' (Kinko guy's words, not mine...) Adam.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

hey phuzzie! Take a picture to Kinko's...they claim to specialize in blowing up pictures and mounting them (heh..she said "mount") on that foamcore stuff...at least at my Kinko's they do....ABEL may need to confirm for me!
smile.gif

Hey! My Cardboard Larry rocks the casbah...and just so you guys know, I did get mine at Kinkos! Mine is kinda like a paper doll, (but cardboard) and he has a bunch of different clothes that are a hard paper. It costs between $30-$45 depending on how many clothes you get or how big he is. I love Cardboard Larry...he's so cute.
tongue.gif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

Hallelujah heavens white rose....with tears on her petals, meets Hell's black flower with blood on his thorns.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt, our hearts littering the topsoil...
Started my rock 'n roll fantasy... I'd sing to you just one more time,
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live,
On sleepless roads the sleepless go. ~Jimmy Eat World

Foadie--how big is your cardboard Larry?
He's a paper doll? Cool!

Girls, I haven't called Kinkos yet today, I spent money at the mall.....I'm sorry
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Foadie--how big is your cardboard Larry?
He's a paper doll? Cool!

He's life size! I made him an inch taller than me so he would be perfect hehehe So that would be 5'9" Yay! He's so cute...my latest outfit for him has been a leather vest and tight black jeans.
tongue.gif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

Hallelujah heavens white rose....with tears on her petals, meets Hell's black flower with blood on his thorns.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt, our hearts littering the topsoil...
Started my rock 'n roll fantasy... I'd sing to you just one more time,
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live,
On sleepless roads the sleepless go. ~Jimmy Eat World

Originally posted by On The Edge:
I'm afraid of being committed though.

lol. Me too. What would my family say if I brought home a life size Bono!?

------------------
Into the fire, I'm reunited.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:

lol. Me too. What would my family say if I brought home a life size Bono!?

My family would say, "Well...it had to happen sometime" I don't think we have a kinkos around here
frown.gif
I need a cardboard member of U2 darn it! But I think it would have to be shoved in my closet at night cause I think that would just creep me out....

------------------
Dana

U2's Official Bum Rubber

Dana: Ma, Adam Clayton's instrument holds mysterious powers of women folk

Ma: Oh yeah? Let me see...

[This message has been edited by DML (edited 04-15-2002).]

Foadie, can you give us some more details about cardboard Larry? Is he cardboard, or that plastic type foam board? What kind of picture did you have to supply for him to be made?
$50 isn't that bad for a cardboard Adam.....I think I'm gonna do it.

now that would be something nice to hear at the supermarket...
"price check on cardboard Adam please!"
HEE HEE!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Foadie, can you give us some more details about cardboard Larry? Is he cardboard, or that plastic type foam board? What kind of picture did you have to supply for him to be made?
$50 isn't that bad for a cardboard Adam.....I think I'm gonna do it.

Let's see...he's made from a very hard cardboard...
tongue.gif
I had to find the biggest full body picture with the least clothes there was...I'm not sure which one I used. I also had to supply a close up of of his head. I used a young Larry so that he had pretty hair.
wink.gif
Maybe I should get real clothes for him next!
tongue.gif

Foadie---did Kinkos give you any crap about copywrite blah blah blah???
The girl I worked with today said there are too many copywrite issues making something like that...now I'm scared.
I don't know what to say to the kinkos people.......they're gonna think I'm nuts.....

I really want a cardboard Adam, but I'm hesitant because what do I do when the real Adam comes over to my apartment and sees the cardboard Adam? He'll think I'm psychotic!
frown.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Back
Top Bottom