Caption Thread Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The next morning, Bono still upset about the beach ball incident, calls for a meeting with the mayor of Rome.
He drags the Edge along with him, 'cause he's quite fond of beach balls as well.
All of them sit down to talk.
Both the mayor as the Edge have no clue what the convo is going to be about.
Bono only told them it was an important issue.

ca4f6b5d.jpg

:bono: So mayor I'm glad you could make some time to address this serious issue.

a9b0932d.jpg

:bono: I brought my friend the Edge along as well. Since he's pretty upset by the whole situation as well.

f6068d2e.jpg

:bono: You see, during our concert yesterday, I saw one of a few beach balls that we don't have in our collection yet. Right, Edge?

:edge: is thinking: Oh my, I can't believe this is what Bono wanted to talked to the Mayor about. If I had known, I wouldn't have come with him

The mayor is frowning and staring at Bono in disbelief, starting to get angrier as Bono continues complaining.....

Last edited:
Bono is just going on and on.....

2df19624.jpg

:bono: : So I point to that beautiful beach ball and go: is it for me?

40d241ed.jpg

:bono: I was extremely excited about the whole situation! That beautiful beach ball for me. So I am putting my hands up in the air eagerly awaiting for the beach ball to arrive in my arms. Probably stood there for like....:blahblah: , but they weren't :blahblah:. I can't believe that even after Live8, people still don't get the principle of fair trade. I mean all I was asking for was that beach ball and in return I would have sung any song they would have suggested. Seemed like a really good deal to me. Only a beachball to hear us, the best rock band in the world, perform whatever you want us to ....:blahblah:

:edge: is getting extremely fed up and is thinking: Just shut the f* up, Bono! Get over it already, will ya'!

The mayor ain't thinking that differently about it as well.

But both, the mayor and the edge, are letting Bono continue, occasionally nodding and hmhm-ing to pretend they are actually listening to a word he's saying, until he has finished raging and has gotten everything of his chest.

2d94fdfc.jpg
:
Content that he got to say everything he wanted, Bono stands up to leave, but the mayor has some other ideas before Bono actually gets to walk away. He's making sure Bono has some other balls to think about for the next couple of days.

:edge: is grinning at the sight of it, thinking: I couldn't have reacted better myself!

Last edited:
Hey Meghan :wave:
I like your beach ball caption.

Meghan said:
:evil: Then my work here is done! :macdevil:
But did you really have to bring ^^ (above mentioned figures) into this? :wink:
Seems like you've scared LemonGrrrrrl away with those comments of yours....:wink:
I haven't seen her around since you said what you said.

Miringeltje said:
Thanks, beachballs are my life.

Seems like you've scared LemonGrrrrrl away with those comments of yours....:wink:
Maybe. But blame me! I don't control the smilies, they control me! (I can't say too much now though, they're always listening, especially this one :macdevil: )

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

No, actually it's been too difficult to get into my computer room since Meghan's wonderful comments. It seems my head has swollen up so much I can't get past the door!!! <sobs> I'm so honored that I've inspired someone to do something so important!!!!

[Truth - I work Wed thru Sat so I usu don't post captions during those days! But I am incredibly flattered by the kind comments. They make my day, along with all the unbelievably funny captions that are posted here...you all inspire me to come up with mine. I have so much fun with these threads!]

Viva Captions!!!! Now our next task is to get the boys to see them!

Allright, I'm not too sure about this one, but I can't contain myself any longer. I've been holding it up ever since I first laid eyes on this picture. So bare with me, if it's too inappropriate, I will take it down though. Let me know

a1c5d8d7.jpg

:bono: : AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!! I shouldn't have had all those beers right before the concert. Now I really have to go! I wonder how much longer till the break?! 'Cause I can't hold it any more! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!

8832705e.jpg

Or:

These (paparrazzi) photographers are getting crazier and crazier with the day. They follow me everywhere I go and take pictures of everything I do. I can't seem to PISS them off. No matter what I do!

Reporter: Bono, Bono, we would really like to know what's your reaction on those captions Miringeltje is making?

Chair-Bono-LR.JPG

Bono: If she's ever in arms reach, I'm so gonna ^ her!!
Although on second thought, I think it might be better to get even with her by returning the favor. I'm gonna try and snap pictures of her and then I'm gonna caption them :evil::macdevil:

Last edited:
Okay first of all I just wanna say I read every single caption and they were all fookin' hilarious! I love PLEBAns!!! :heart: I couldn't even begin to point out my favourites as I've just went through twenty pages of brilliance...

but continuing on with our new theme...

O2.jpg

Bono: Just look cool, just look cool...
Edge: Adam got you with the super glue trick again, didn't you? In the sleeves, quite clever!
Adam: *proud* No, he's just quite gullible.
Bono: Quiet guys, I am trying to take a good photo.
Larry: i ALWAYS take a good photo...my shades are way cooler than Bono's...

leaningonEdgehawt.jpg

Edge: Bono, could we uh, not do this right now? I'm sort of trying to play -
Bono: SHIT I'M STUCK I'M STUCK!!!! @$&^! YOU ADAM!!
Edge: not AGAIN...
Larry: *in the background* huh? we're playing stuck? I thought this was Elevation. I can never get the songs right on this album.
Bono: ADAM, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS ONE!!
Larry: now we're playing One? fookin' hell...
Edge: God Larry, can't you keep a steady tempo?!

bandwithgirl2.jpg

Bono: ...and I am pleased to announce that this lovely PLEBAn is going to replace Adam as the bassist for U2!!!
Adam: say WHA?!
Edge: he's...kidding. he has to be.
Bono: *thinking* Haha, I bet THIS hottie won't super glue me all the time!
Girl: *thinking* I wonder if he's noticed I've superglued my shoulder to him... maybe I should superglue my FACE to him!!! :giggle:
Larry: *thinking* I look like Kevin Bacon. Why do I look like Kevin Bacon? Oh well, I'm still hot. I'm always hot. I just need to not pay attention to anything Bono is saying, because that will make me stress, and then I might lose .0000001 degrees of hotness, and my hair might get messed up. Oh, no. I'll just look at the camera, yeah...

56f5093c.jpg

Hey, that girl looks remarkebly like Miringeltje

96cc7e9b.jpg

Better double check though. Wouldn't wanna be wrong. 'Cause you know she'll for sure be using that for some snarky captions tomorrow.

d172a07d.jpg

:ohmy: I believe it's really her!!

Last edited:
c3b33d3b.jpg

Ha!! The time for sweet revenge has finally come and you ain't going anywhere, missie!

Now all I need is one of those camera's...

2b3e94f8.jpg

And................hmmm, how does this one work?
Dang, I should have brought my own one. These professionals are so darn complicated.

Of course, in the meantime, I have disappeared in the crowd!

But I can't help to yell: :madspit: Bono! Better luck next time!! And thank you too! You know where to find the captions at PLEBA, right!

Oh, poor guy.....

AtomicBono said:
Okay, I'm going OT here for a sec, but attention Larry Lovers!!! LOOK AT THIS WOMAN! She's in between Bono and Larry, and who's the man that's got her completely captivated? Huh? Who? :wink: Who's the man? Bono's the man! He may be Larry %*#(ing Mullen, but Bono is the man! :D

Awesome caps, AtomicBono - I especially love the middle one where Larry gets confused about what song to play. Brilliant! :applaud:

Okay I have to post this one, it's just too funny.
3445848%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232399657%3B285ot1lsi

:larry:: Edge, those little loops on your jeans, yeah, those, they're to stick your belt through so you don't look like an idiot. Just a head's up.
:bono:: I'm Bono. I'm the man. Yep. Yep-indeedy.
:adam:: Oh, you put the belt through the loop in the jeans?? I thought it went through this hole in my jacket!
:edge:: Piss off, Larry. Adam superglued the loops closed.

:bow: to Meghan for this!!!!

~OR~

For a brief moment, in order to boost album sales, U2 replaced Edge with Gerardo.

:bow: to MCF74 for this!!!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Okay I have to post this one, it's just too funny.
3445848%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232399657%3B285ot1lsi

:larry:: Edge, those little loops on your jeans, yeah, those, they're to stick your belt through so you don't look like an idiot. Just a head's up.
:bono:: I'm Bono. I'm the man. Yep. Yep-indeedy.
:adam:: Oh, you put the belt through the loop in the jeans?? I thought it went through this hole in my jacket!
:edge:: Piss off, Larry. Adam superglued the loops closed.

:bow: to Meghan for this!!!!

~OR~

For a brief moment, in order to boost album sales, U2 replaced Edge with Gerardo.

:bow: to MCF74 for this!!!!

:lol:

Edge chest :drool:

3445848%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232399657%3C843ot1lsi

:bono:: So Larry, I was thinking. For our first tour, we could totally like, tell everyone in the audience to bring beach balls, and...
:larry:: That #!@)er took my beer! Doesn't he know who I am? I'm Larry $*#(ing Mullen!
:adam: (to camera): Shhhh! Don't tell anyone I just broke out of jail! Can I borrow a shirt?
:edge: Where the heck is the waitress in this place? Sheesh, it takes forever to get any service around here.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Okay, I'm going OT here for a sec, but attention Larry Lovers!!! LOOK AT THIS WOMAN! She's in between Bono and Larry, and who's the man that's got her completely captivated? Huh? Who? :wink: Who's the man? Bono's the man! He may be Larry %*#(ing Mullen, but Bono is the man! :D

Nothing to get excited about, really - it's just Cat Deeley giggling at Bono as she always does. I like her, but the woman sucks up to him FAR too much! If that pic was moving she'd be twirling her hair around her finger right now...

Back
Top Bottom