Caption thread #7: Caption-ating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kcb0o9.jpg

A day out of the life of: The Edge

- Walking around with bended knees to give Bono the idea he is taller.

chicago81.jpg

Bono: :eek: Are those Plebans I see over there?

Adam: Hmmm. :yes:, sure looks like it.

Bono: Quick, move. :huh: WTF!! Can't get my arm of off this lamp post. Who in the hell would put their chewing gum all the way up there? :mad:

Adam: Yeah, weird Bono. Looks like you won't be going anywhere any time soon. Sorry, but I gotta run. Good luck with those Plebans!

And while Bono is stuck to the lamppost, Adam runs around the street corner and upon arriving there, he bursts into laughter, slapping his hands on his knees: Hahaha!!! :lmao: Chewing gum. Of course Bono. If that's what you think. :evil:

Last edited:
Ok I hope you're ready...this is only my second caption and my first one sucked....but anyway...I've been thinking about this one for a while, and this is just my theory of why U2 stopped playing mofo:

mfstory1.jpg

:edge: What's wrong Bono?
:bono: Well you see the other day....

popbono.jpg

:bono: I was watching an old Popmart performance, when I realized something....What am I suppossed to do?! I have four kids now...and two them are boys...it wouldn't be fair if I kept saying "Looking for the father of my two little girls..." It my hurt the men's feelings...

bonostory2.jpg

:bono:So I tried writing some new lyrics for the song....

bonostory5.jpg

:bono: I thought very hard about it...I tried "Looking for the father of my two not quite-so-little-anymore-girls and my two little boys," but it just didn't quite seem to fit

bonostory3.jpg

:bono: then I thought some more and tried, "Looking for the father I'm supposed to be," but I didn't really like the sound of that, I don't want to be a bad dad...and so I finally came to a decision

bonostory.jpg

:bono: I screamed it into the sky for all the world to hear "I WILL NEVER AGAIN PLAY MOFO!!! I LOVE ALL MY CHILDREN EQUALLY AND THEY SHALL NOT BE LEFT OUT!

bonostory7.jpg

:edge: But Bono....I love that song....THE FANS LOVE THAT SONG....It's FUN SONG!!! You can't get rid of it because of ONE LINE

bonostory8.jpg

:bono: It's our only hope....:(

bonostory9.jpg

:bono: Don't worry Edge...I'll be here for ya...
:edge: but I love Mofo :sad:

(yea, yeah, i know edge is smiling in that last picture)

Last edited:
shaynar said:

(note: first quote ever, so it may suck!)

:bono: you put your right foot in and you shake it all about, you do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around, that's what it's all about!

This is exactly the same thing that popped into my mind when I saw that picture!! Well done, you beat me to it!!!:applaud:

great captions everybody :applause:
I love that last picture... that VH1 Doc was really cool... and sooo cute...
:bono: noo edge, don't do it, it's just a riff!!!!!
:giggle: I wonder if MTV will show it again here.. saw it a looooong time ago...

k I haven't trie done in a while... just came on the idea..
bonobobg8meeting5qb.jpg

:BoB: say Bono, did you know if you touch the tip of your nose while looking at your finger, you automatically squint?
:bono: you serious???

bononoseg8glenneagles0sn.jpg

:bono: Let's see......

bonoboblol0ao.jpg

:bono: Bob, you are sooooo smart!!! I didn't knew!!!
:bob: *thinking* hehehe he should know that about every little kid knows htis...

Galeongirl said:
k I haven't trie done in a while... just came on the idea..
bonobobg8meeting5qb.jpg

:BoB: say Bono, did you know if you touch the tip of your nose while looking at your finger, you automatically squint?
:bono: you serious???

bononoseg8glenneagles0sn.jpg

:bono: Let's see......

bonoboblol0ao.jpg

:bono: Bob, you are sooooo smart!!! I didn't knew!!!
:bob: *thinking* hehehe he should know that about every little kid knows htis...

:lmao: Bob looks so hot there... Obviously Bono does, but dayum, Bob does too!

Miringeltje said:
chicago81.jpg

Bono: :eek: Are those Plebans I see over there?

Adam: Hmmm. :yes:, sure looks like it.

Bono: Quick, move. :huh: WTF!! Can't get my arm of off this lamp post. Who in the hell would put their chewing gum all the way up there? :mad:

Adam: Yeah, weird Bono. Looks like you won't be going anywhere any time soon. Sorry, but I gotta run. Good luck with those Plebans!

And while Bono is stuck to the lamppost, Adam runs around the street corner and upon arriving there, he bursts into laughter, slapping his hands on his knees: Hahaha!!! :lmao: Chewing gum. Of course Bono. If that's what you think. :evil:

Good one Miri:lol: :up:

95593842_7b1d58e878.jpg
(picture from kellyahern)

Bono: I figure that we can end each of our shows with an interpretive dance session! :dance:
Adam: :shocked: It's brilliant! How come I never thought of that before?!
Bono: :dancing:
Larry and Edge (off to side): Aw here we go again. :coocoo: :uhoh: And why are we in the band together still??!

well if we're supposed to give photo credits..I msut say i have no idea who any of mine belinged to :reject: but I promise I did no hotlinking

mjc said:
what's the deal with Bono and beachballs? :eyebrow:

it's a running joke around here.. same as Adam's superglue... :wink: nothing serious tho!
the one of Rome and the Beachbal incident.. still best caption ever!(but the one with Bush came VERY close :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom