Caption thread #6: We kid, because we <3!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merc said:

:bono:: No! I tell you, we're a very intellectual rock band! Theres no way we would have ever admitted to being Monty Phyton fans! I don't know where you got that information from... you must confuse us with someone else...

Interviewer: But I am sure that... let me just check my records... I'm sure I saw a quote somewhere...

:edge:: Hey Adam! Larry! Look! I just invented a new "Silly Walk"!!! :D

this is great....:laugh:
I'm after the worst 48 hours of my life...
You're helping me a lot ladies!

504758s.jpg

:bono:: People of New York! While driving around your beautiful city, I came up with a brand new song! I'm considering talking the guys into releasing it as a b-side to our new album... or maybe even a single! It's a great little catchy tune! It goes something like this...2,3,4... A rockstar is a person in your neighbourhood, he's the kind that you meet, when you're walking down the street...

:adam:: No, Bono! Bono! NO!

:larry: (thinking): Argh, :censored:! Not THAT song again...

Last edited:
Before I post this I just want everyone to know I truly love Bono but this picture is too much to resist

7ccb2f68.jpg

Man, I wanted to be in the rear.

****I held back, I could have made that so much worse****

Last edited:
GracelandHarley said:

I don't know what a Catherine Wheel is... :reject: :reject:

Could someone explain?

Sorry, my fault! :reject:
I should have explained: a Catherine Wheel is a spinning firework, you nail it on a post and then light the fuse. It whizzes round and round all bright and colourful. The packets always say that you MUST NOT under any circumstances stand next to it when it's going because you would be badly burnt, maybe have all your hair burnt off.......like Bono looks in that pic....
I know the caption's kinda rubbish

:reject:

Crimson_Nails said:
YAY! :dance: :dance: :dance:

My status has changed to 'The Fly'!!!!!!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I just felt I had to say that out loud!

Congrats Crimson_Nails!!! :applaud:

These are all grrrrreat caps, chicas!!! I especially love Larry's coffee order to Bono and Edge's silly walk!! Hopefully I'll have some time to do some soon. I'll be gone to Cali next week though...I'll be missing my blue crack!!! Everyone make sure to make plenty of caps for me to enjoy when I get back, okay???

OMFG. I was just getting ready to turn off my computer when I saw this headline on my front page. Which one of you ladies lives in Boulder, Colorado???

Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

Thursday, November 3, 2005
BOULDER, Colo. - Home Depot was sued by a shopper who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. "They just let me rot."

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the Louisville store on the day before Halloween 2003. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and as they wheeled the "frightened and humiliated" Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

Crimson_Nails said:

Sorry, my fault! :reject:
I should have explained: a Catherine Wheel is a spinning firework, you nail it on a post and then light the fuse. It whizzes round and round all bright and colourful. The packets always say that you MUST NOT under any circumstances stand next to it when it's going because you would be badly burnt, maybe have all your hair burnt off.......like Bono looks in that pic....

:D

And, for God's sake, someone please tell me what <3 means! :reject: for sure...

I could ask my niece, who ends every email with it... but then she'll know how incredibly out of it I am!!:huh: :nerd:

GracelandHarley said:

I think <3 = :heart: Look at it sideways. It's either a heart, or a two-scoop ice cream cone. :wink:

Does anyone have that cute UF-JT era (I think) black and white photo of Larry and Adam grinning cheekily? If you could post it, I've got a caption for it. Thanks!

I hate the <3 sign. It looks like "less than 3" So when people go <3 U2, it looks like "less than 3 U2"

3453%3A46323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A6887%3A%3A8ot1lsi

All: Don't give us this <3 shit!
Edge: Yeah, you all know how intellectual I am! If U is the variable and U is larger than 1, U2 (Ux2) cannot be LESS THAN 3!

edit: geegeelovesadam is right! See! The people who love Adam are smart! Now I hope this solves it.

Last edited:
Wait, but doesn't that only work if the equation is |U2| or |U|2 because if U were a negative integer, the solution could be any variety of negative numbers, hence letting the rule U2 < 3 apply?

Sorry, my inner mathlete had to point that out.

Sue DeNym said:
I think <3 = :heart:

:yes:

That's correct.
I would have preferred to use the smilie ( :heart: ) in the title.
I :heart: it!
But I don't think that's possible.

i_love_adam said:
I hate the <3 sign. It looks like "less than 3" So when people go <3 U2, it looks like "less than 3 U2"

:madspit:

At least, I didn't write U2 behind it.

But you'll be stuck with this title for the rest of this thread.
So if you don't like seeing the <3 up there, you better start posting some captions!

You know what's the dang funny thing? I forgot about your title and the "<3" in it! Often happens when one is pissing herself with laughter within a thread. I was speaking generically... And attempting to be funny!

GracelandHarley said:

I could ask my niece, who ends every email with it... but then she'll know how incredibly out of it I am!!:huh: :nerd:

No offence but to me.. it's always looked like a pointy penis with lop-sided balls :| anyways... on with the captions ladies!! :wink:

-Nikki

^ :lmao:

bsignselooks.jpg

Bono: Is this absolutley necessary, Edge? It seems a bit over the top...

Edge: Bono, its the only way you'll learn. Just sign down the bottom there..... And initial on the next page -- Thats right.

Bono: There. Happy now? Its in writing -- I will never touch your Gibson Explorer again.

If something like this has already been posted, I'm sorry. :reject: But I just couldn't resist. :wink:

BonoEdgeBoot.jpg

E: Now, this here boot will see you through rain and snow and sleet and hail and any number of meet-and-greets.

B: Hmmmmm . . . . (Thinks to self: Can I afford these?)

Merc said:
bonooldfriend-vi.jpg

:bono:: Oh, it's so nice hanging out with you guys! I really enjoy it! Reminds me of the good old days when I invented "The Lypton Village"...

Guggi: YOU invented?!

:bono:: Yeah, I came up with the idea that...

Guggi: Did you :censored:!

:bono:: What?! Seriously, Guggi, it was my idea to...

Guggi: :blahblah:

:bono:: :blahblah:

Gavin (thinking): Just like the old days, juuust like the old days... *sigh*

:lmao: :lmao: I LOVE it!

Ikkin said:

No offence but to me.. it's always looked like a pointy penis with lop-sided balls :| anyways... on with the captions ladies!! :wink:

-Nikki

OMG! :reject: thats exactly what I thought!

:lmao:

edge0368.jpg

Flight 3657 from Chicago, you're now clear to land on runway four.

BonoandClinton.jpg

"Is this P-funky, George? Is it?"
"Um, no."

Bonoground.jpg

No, Edge, not the guitar! Please! I promise I won't hit you anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom