Caption Thread #15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny caps...er, well, I had one in Feb '06...

EdgeandBonoga.jpg

Adam superglued Edge's elbow to his trunk.

A: Hehe. Try to beat me up now, guitar boy. That whole 'hand-to-eye coordination' thing ain't so great now, is it???

E: What the...? ADAM!!!!

B: Oooo, lookie!!! Someone has something shiny!!!

And our lovely GG had on in Feb '06 too...
ggshinycap.jpg

But I think the earliest I can find was by BrightestStar...
bsshinycap.jpg

So you see, Bono's always been obsessed with shiny things.

I'd so rather be doing this than folding laundry or eating today... :D

eta: WOW! I'm a New Yorker now!!! :dance: Whoo-hoo!

Last edited:
iloveedge, there are a LOT of pictures of Bono holding his hands on front of him (since he always makes hand gestures when talking) and therefore somebody here made a caption of him telling somebody 'I swear, it was THIS big'... and more and more and more :giggle:

BonoFox1 said:

??What cat pics Kaf???...I love cats!!! :) ....
:lmao: Now you've done it!
Galeongirl said:
2005624302389479735rskt9.jpg

:laugh: still funny!

^ :whistle:

LemonGrrrrl - I could swear there are more shiny captions between GG's cap and Bri's cap :hmm: But I think Bri's may be the first or at least one of the earliest :yes:

On to new captions now :D:
371493206_4d2062e8bc_b.jpg

:bono: OWWWWWWWWWWWW, mother:censored: Stubbed my toe ><

Eddie didn't remember much before the attack, he just remembered approaching Edge for a friendly kiss before everything went black..

bonoeddie.jpg

:bono: NOOOOOOOOOOOOES!! :madwife:

Children!! Hello. One's internet has been broken for six and a half weeks, however I have it back now! I infrequently was on when I went to my dad's, but that was only once every two weeks. But it's all good! I have internet, so last night and this morning, I was catching up with all the captions (well done, hilarious!) and YDW's fan fiction, YDW. Also was happy to see SBWIMD return. I'll get round to reading the new additions to Diaries an' all, but right now, I must go.

Good captions, keep 'em coming!

SimplyConfused said:
Children!! Hello. One's internet has been broken for six and a half weeks, however I have it back now! I infrequently was on when I went to my dad's, but that was only once every two weeks. But it's all good! I have internet, so last night and this morning, I was catching up with all the captions (well done, hilarious!) and YDW's fan fiction, YDW. Also was happy to see SBWIMD return. I'll get round to reading the new additions to Diaries an' all, but right now, I must go.

:love: you're back! it's been ages!

:giggle: Kaf.... Bono's such a greedy bastard :tsk:

It was once his "dancing girl" got close that Bono realized it was definitely time to get the ol' eyes checked..

tattoodanbono.jpg

:bono: ACK!!! :yikes:

It was after the second unsuccessful pick that he realized he'd better make that appointment soon..

bonomike.jpg

Mike: Bono, wait, I'm NOT a girl..
:bono: What??! Oh bloody :censored: ><

iloveedge said:
Could someone tell me about the fishermans tale? I wasn't here at that time!

Guilty your honour! I was the one who came up with first ever fisherman tale caption!! :D Fish and fishing has been apart of my life since I was born. All the men on my Mums side of the family are fishermen and some of the women too including my Mum. Also the photo that held pride of place at my grandparent house was one of them with a giant pike (it was about 5ft tall!) they'd caught together. So I've had to hear my fair share of fishermans tales!! :wink:

Here's the first one I ever came up with:-

Bonoinmexico2.jpg

:bono: I tell ya mate, the fish was this big!
Man: Oh really! :ohmy:
:bono: I was just about the pull it up onto the boat....

Bonoinmexico3.jpg

:bono: ....when it broke me line and swam off like a bullet in that direction! :blahblah:
Man: You don't say....*bored*

Last edited:
SimplyConfused said:

Nice to see you back SC. Yeah, I've an idea up my sleeve for 'Drawers' and Diaries is back on track too...

OK, that's it...back to topic...:sexywink:

kafrun said:
Eddie didn't remember much before the attack, he just remembered approaching Edge for a friendly kiss before everything went black..

bonoeddie.jpg

:bono: NOOOOOOOOOOOOES!! :madwife:

Eddie looks scared and excited at the same time. I know I would be:drool:

:lol: Kaf I love your sense of humor!

Hi Katie(SC) I've been wondering where you been:wave: :hug:

Galeongirl said:
iloveedge, there are a LOT of pictures of Bono holding his hands on front of him (since he always makes hand gestures when talking) and therefore somebody here made a caption of him telling somebody 'I swear, it was THIS big'... and more and more and more :giggle:

GAh ha ha ha !!! Thanx!!

Galeongirl said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was laughing thinking about this on the train to Manchester today. I got a few odd looks. :shifty:

:lol:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Guilty your honour! I was the one who came up with first ever fisherman tale caption!! :D Fish and fishing has been apart of my life since I was born. All the men on my Mums side of the family are fishermen and some of the women too including my Mum. Also the photo that held pride of place at my grandparent house was one of them with a giant pike (it was about 5ft tall!) they'd caught together. So I've had to hear my fair share of fishermans tales!! :wink:

Here's the first one I ever came up with:-

Bonoinmexico2.jpg

:bono: I tell ya mate, the fish was this big!
Man: Oh really! :ohmy:
:bono: I was just about the pull it up onto the boat....

Bonoinmexico3.jpg

:bono: ....when it broke me line and swam off like a bullet in that direction! :blahblah:
Man: You don't say....*bored*

:lmao:

Thanks for explaining! they're great!

Wow, it feels like ages since I've been in this thread, and I believe dinosaurs were roaming the earth when I last actually contributed...

Anyhoo....thought I'd share (and considering your discussion of fishing jokes, this came at an uncanningily appropriate time...

U2picture6970.jpg

I'm tellin ya, it's *this* big!
U2picture6961.jpg

Ok, ok...more like this big. You can't blame a guy for trying. :wink:
U2picture7349.jpg

Still don't believe me eh? Ha, laugh all you like..ha ha
U2picture6949.jpg

Cause I'll be the one laughing in the end :mac:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom