Caption Thread #15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonopeterwolf1.jpg

:bono: c-c-c-c...ugh whats this word? I can't figure it out! Edge help me! :(
:edge: thats "wolf" bono :rolleyes:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Okay, just seeing this picture reminded me of the movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and those of you that have seen it will know where I got my idea.
But if you don't, just imagine being held captive on the upper floor of a mansion, and your only hope for help is writing a letter and throwing it out the window, hoping the next door neighbour will find it.

bonoufdocdrawinguj1.jpg

:bono:: *writing* HELP! I've been taken captive by a group of girls calling themselves BRI. I don't know who they are or what they really want from me, but they keep talking about research and experiments, and I'm afraid of what they'll do to me next. One of them played with my hair for a full hour this morning... which was actually kind of nice... but that's not the point! I'm not supposed to be here! Please, if anyone finds this, send help right away. I'm not sure how much longer I can last...

WOOO HOOO!!!!
BRI! BRI! BRI! :hyper:

Ok, so I want to be a pleban! Here's my attempt, it's kind of long and I hope you all like it. New to the posting picture thing, :scratch: hope it shows up!

After the last disastrous public band appearance in which Bono was captured by the Plebans; an attempt was plotted to distract them long enough for a speedy get away. They purchased a unique outfit and drew straws to see who would wear the dreaded outfit. Larry having picked the short straw said he was up to the task and would do anything for the good of the band. Here we come Plebans! :rockon:
u2_40.jpg

Last edited:
:Bono:-This has got to work this time.
Larry-I don’t know. I look pretty good in this!
Adam- Man, button up the shirt, we’re trying to distract them!
Bono- :scratch:Something is still missing. You guys fix it and I’ll meet you on stage. (Bono walks off hoping the problem will be fixed.
Larry- hum….what else can we do?
Adam- Ahhh put on this jacket it will hide your butt.
Edge- something is still not right here. Let’s see…:hmm:…ahh yes this should do the trick, a very nice loud Bolo Tie!
Larry, Adam and The Edge- :hi5: WE GOT IT!
Larry- Bono will be proud, don’t you think?
Adam- Oh yes!
Edge- you look like a complete ass. Brilliant I say!

Last edited:
u2_27.jpg

Larry, Adam and Edge make their way to Bono so they can accept the award. To their dismay Bono has already taken the stage and is :blahblah: They walk on stage.

Edge- Man, hide Larry until it’s time.
Adam- Oh this is going to be great. :applaud: This will most definitely work. They won’t know what hit them.

Last edited:
u2_46.jpg

Adam- Oh it’s better then we thought. They are dead silent.
Edge- (pats Larry on back) You’re doing great now it’s time to run!
Bono- Oh a shiny!
Larry- :uhoh: :scratch: :faint:
Adam- Edge! You just had to put that Bolo Tie on him didn’t you? You know we need to hide shiny things around Bono! What were you thinking?
Edge- :silent: and :sad:
Bono- :love: shiny!
Adam and Edge- Here they come! :scream: (curls up in fetal position)

Last edited:
News Flash-
The Plebans claim another victory with the capture of the much sought after band U2! Plebans across the globe are :dancing: in the streets. When asked about the capture, a top pleban official only had 4 words for us. “It’s a beautiful day”!

Or....
u2_46.jpg

Adam- I can’t believe Ann let him leave the house looking like that! :tsk:
Bono- Yeah I know! :lmao:
Edge- (to Larry) We're not laughing at you, really! :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
corbyn7jp1.jpg

:bono: :ohmy: oh lord, please tell me those aren't...
:anton: whatever it is, doesn't look good...and why do their tshirts all say PLEBA?
corbyn6yr9.jpg

:bono: :happy: keep on the shades, that way they'll think you're me and they'll chase you instead and I'm safe for a day!
:anton: :happy: ok...... wait, did he just say chase?
corbyn5cz3.jpg

:bono: Yup, there they go, told ya they would fall for it ^^
:anton: yea, it only took them five seconds to find out I wasn't you... five seconds of being molested.....very undignified... :sigh: I'm so NEVER listening to him again!

bons.jpg

Guy in glasses: surely bono im taller than you!

Bono: (Standing on his tippy toes) nope nope ive won! (turns white as he cant kept it up)

It did seem like a good one in my head but there you go a bit of the dean humor for you

:shh: that's Salman Rushdie...

:giggle: and I must say, Bono seems to be taller indeed.... must be the shoes! :lmao: Bono being taller than someone... good joke, good joke! :wink:

Galeongirl said:
:shh: that's Salman Rushdie...

:giggle: and I must say, Bono seems to be taller indeed.... must be the shoes! :lmao: Bono being taller than someone... good joke, good joke! :wink:

never heard of salman rushdie hmm hehe

U2_Dudette said:

never heard of salman rushdie hmm hehe

He's a british writer, and in the early '90s he had to go in hiding because he insulted the islam or something like that, and there were people who wanted to kill him..... the U2 gig in Wembley Stadium was his first public appearance in years..

Galeongirl said:
corbyn7jp1.jpg

:bono: :ohmy: oh lord, please tell me those aren't...
:anton: whatever it is, doesn't look good...and why do their tshirts all say PLEBA?
corbyn6yr9.jpg

:bono: :happy: keep on the shades, that way they'll think you're me and they'll chase you instead and I'm safe for a day!
:anton: :happy: ok...... wait, did he just say chase?
corbyn5cz3.jpg

:bono: Yup, there they go, told ya they would fall for it ^^
:anton: yea, it only took them five seconds to find out I wasn't you... five seconds of being molested.....very undignified... I'm so NEVER listening to him again!

:applaud:

Galeongirl said:

He's a british writer, and in the early '90s he had to go in hiding because he insulted the islam or something like that, and there were people who wanted to kill him..... the U2 gig in Wembley Stadium was his first public appearance in years..

Rushdie is now a British citizen... but he really is from India.... He wrote the book Satanic verses which was considered a blasphemy against the Islam. He was sentence to death in Iran so he had to live hidden.....

Really sad story.... :sad:

I agree that the fatwa against Rushdie was sad, but it's not a sad story really. He is very brave to have published his books even though he knew the Islamic reaction would be negative. He is a wonderfully gifted writer and very inspirational. He has talked about the stories that he just had to tell, the plots or characters from his books that came to him and demanded to be written. I don't know, I just don't think of it as a sad story at ALL.

love2bmama said:
I agree that the fatwa against Rushdie was sad, but it's not a sad story really. He is very brave to have published his books even though he knew the Islamic reaction would be negative. He is a wonderfully gifted writer and very inspirational. He has talked about the stories that he just had to tell, the plots or characters from his books that came to him and demanded to be written. I don't know, I just don't think of it as a sad story at ALL.

I only wanted to say that is very sad that anybody should be condemned and persecuted just for expressing his thoughts... I truly admire Mr. Rushdie..... (I'm sure we think the same about this... :hug: )

Last edited:
I love Morleigh as much as the next person, so don't yell at me for this, but:

elebuenoscandythrow.jpg

Edge knew it was the only way he and Bono could finally be together..

*runs* :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom