Caption-ing #11: We kid because those U2 boys totally have it coming..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoLearningHChord.jpg

:edge: Right, that was the G chord, then the H Chord is like this, then straight back to A....

:bono: Woah! slow down I'm still trying to get that damn H chord!

:edge: *snigger*

Bonos_Lemon said:
Sorry if these have been done before :reject:

003d8afd.jpg

edge: Uhh Bono, why are you still touching your arse? You've had an itch since we ended Elevation :eyebrow:
bono: It's not an itch, my hand is stuck! ADAM!!! :mad:
adam: ZzzzZZZzz....wha?! Who me? :angel:

Elevation_Par_14.jpg

edge: I swear, if we ever get unstuck I am going to kill Adam!
bono: You could always just take off your beanie :rolleyes:
edge: NEVER!!! :angry:

:lmao:!!

bonomonaco24dufm9.jpg

person on the phone: This is the president of the EGHC, if you want your shiny beachball to see another day, you'll bring us your green mons...errr hat. Oh and don't wear a shirt either. :evil: :giggle:
:bono: Not the shiny one!!! I'll do whatever you want, just don't hurt the shiny :sad:

JCOSTER said:
Can someone tell me whats the joke about the beach ball don't laugh at me please its like the one thing I don't know....:(

no worries! It all started (as far as I know) from the Slane Castle concert when someone threw a beachball onto the stage. Bono picked it up, grinned, turned around to Edge and said "Look Edge, a beachball!"....it kind of took on a life of its own at Pleba from there.... :wink:

gluey said:

no worries! It all started (as far as I know) from the Slane Castle concert when someone threw a beachball onto the stage. Bono picked it up, grinned, turned around to Edge and said "Look Edge, a beachball!"....it kind of took on a life of its own at Pleba from there.... :wink:

OOH thats it!! I thought there was a whole big legacy about the ball!!!! I actually knew that. Thank you though for letting me know there wasn't much more to it!:reject:

I'm not positive, but I think the shiny jokes are just something PLEBAns started about Bono, possibly due to his :hyper: looks in photos. :shrug: I don't remember who started the first shiny joke.

I wonder if we could make a thread that addresses these issues. I don't mind answering them, but it'd be cool if we could just direct caption 'newbies' to a central place where these answers could be given. (Please don't think anyone here is bothered by your questions; it's just that they come up quite a bit, and maybe it'd be good to have a simple place where all the questions can be addressed - just trying to be effecient. :hug: ) That being said, I guess we need someone to answer all the questions! Here's what I know:

Beach Ball jokes: It all started from the Slane Castle concert when someone threw a beachball onto the stage. Bono picked it up, grinned, turned around to Edge and said "Look Edge, a beachball!"....it kind of took on a life of its own at Pleba from there.... (You're right gluey! I just copied and pasted your answer.)

Adam's superglue jokes: completely made up by chickadee, on July 8th, 2005:
originally posted by chickadee
BA.jpg

Once again, Adam found the old tried & tested 'superglue' trick worked wonders after he bet Bono couldn't cover his entire face with his hand. Mwahaha.

H chord jokes started with, uh, who was that? Oh yeah, it was me. :D

Larry admitted in an interview a few months (or years now?) ago that he is terrified of cats, so we of course exploit this in PLEBA. However, Larry being obsessed with having every hair in place and having a lifetime's supply of hair gel on hand is something PLEBAns made up. I'm not sure who originated this one. At least we *think* it's made up. :evil:

Did I miss anything? Did I mess anything up? Let me know. I'll start a thread just addressing this so we can refer future caption 'newbies' to it. :)

Duh. After writing all of this, it occurred to me that http://www.u2captions.com/explanation.html has these explanations. Look at "Origin of the Species". (It's a site I helped start with other PLEBAns here - thanks Miringeltje for buying the url, but we haven't really been doing much with it lately. Hopefully after summertime I can spend more time contributing to it and organizing it.)

Love the comparison between Larry and cats. It is true, though, that he's very like a cat.
One of these days, I'll know why he hates cats..maybe the cat stole his hairgel? :grin:

^ Maybe someone thought his hair gel was hairball gel and gave it to the cat.

Sorry...couldn't resist. :reject:

Anyway, on with the show:

3478389%3C3%7Ffp355%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A45%3A34%3C3%3Cnu0mrj

:bono:: You're shittin' me. Lemon Grrrrrl's over there, and she thinks I want her autograph? Isn't she the one who told everyone about the H chord incident? Does she know how much crap I have to put up with from everyone about that??? :mad:

~OR~

:bono:: Don't toy with me. No, really.
<waiter> I'm serious, Mr. Bono...you can...
:bono:: You're joking. I can have edible beach balls for dessert???

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
<interviewer> So, Edge, what's it going to take to have you remove that beanie right now?

Edge60mins2005.png

:edge:: :hmm:
Edge260mins2005.png

Edge360mins2005.png

<starts to say something, then stops>
Edge460mins2005.png

:edge:: I ain't takin' the beanie off, mate.

I heard that! SNAP!:lmao:

BonoTrain.jpg

I'm tired of hearing how smart Edge is. I'm smart too...I can do stupid math problems! Okay...I'm gonna have this train leave Memphis at 4:00p.m. at 45mph...and...okay, now I need to find a train in San Diego...

good one!

Bonochick said:
BonoTrain.jpg

I'm tired of hearing how smart Edge is. I'm smart too...I can do stupid math problems! Okay...I'm gonna have this train leave Memphis at 4:00p.m. at 45mph...and...okay, now I need to find a train in San Diego...

Aww B , We Pleabans believe you

:lmao:

AdamJuly1.jpg

Crowd Of PLEBAns::drool::love::faint:
:adam: You see what I did there? You see how the ladies love me? Were you watching and taking notes?? I hope you were, cause I am the master *struts*

2603f730.jpg

:bono: Wasn't today fun, BB? :hyper:
BB King: It certainly was, Bono.
:bono: :yawn: Such an extraordinary day. Lots of shinies.. :yawn: Friends.. :yawn: You know, your shoulder is all soft and cushion-y. Bono gonna take a little nappy now..
BB King: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom