Caption book, sort of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cassandra

The Fly
Well after all the talk about a caption book, I'm making one except the paper will be out of dyed/painted fabric. I printed approximately 130 of what I thought were the funniest or the most imaginative captions. I tried to find at least one caption for every person who sent one in but caption threads #1, 2, and 3 are heavily red Xed (even before the website project), so I'm sure I have missed more than a few people and captions.

Being extremely sensitive of not wanting to embarass anyone (band or PLEBAns), I didn't include the following type of captions: Edge being hair challenged, Larry's phobia with cats, Bono's height insecurity, "gross" body functions (pissing, farting, etc.) and captions featuring PLEBAns (birthday congrats, number of posts congrats, etc.). On the hand, there are plenty of beachball captions, a few superglue, hair gel ones and others. Credit will be given to the writers (just name, no "location" or interference status) and to photographers (if I can find who they are).

I'm hoping to be finish in time for the week of NYC show and somehow give it to the band. The title was going to be "Laughter with Love: U2 captions from fans around the world". But when I saw one of Lemon Grrrrrl's captions that began with "I kid because I love...", I thought what a great title. So with LG's permission, I would like to change it to "We Kid because We Love..."

Oops, I forgot to include a list of people who's captions I have. If you don't want to be a part of this, please email at art2lady@hotmail.com and let me know. Okay, here's the list (in no particular order):

Meghan, MBS, Merc, Lemon Grrrrrl, Eliv8, MsGiggles, lovebono, bonohex, Ashley, BrightestStar, Ikkin, hay, BONO'ppetit, starsgoblue, kcline1, ruffian, Leetah, bono_gal, Mucca, Miringeltje, BonoFox1, elysithea, arhitetka, Lauryl, Moondancer, chickadee, u2bonogirl, Storm/Light, U2MaNalcWeldO, uwwedoogie, youtwohearts, Beverly56, U2Girl1978, thurco, one4u2, Advah, nurse chrissi, AtomicBono, kellyahern, MooMoo!, U2ElevatesMe415, zooperson, anjarw, Junebug, Gosia, BlackElectric, geegeelovesadam, bono_man2002, Sad_Girl, apsara, The_Edge89, Headache, resoody2. Whew.

That is a FAB idea!!! Hope the band gets to see it!!! I hope I get to see it too:up:

Cassandra

...I didn't include the following type of captions: Edge being hair challenged, Larry's phobia with cats, Bono's height insecurity, "gross" body functions (pissing, farting, etc.) and ...

:sad: Those were the BEST part. *sniff*

This sounds really cool,and I would also be honored to be in it considering I've only made a couple :hug:

What?!!
:angry:
There's no way, you can use my captions.
:mad:
I don't want mine to be part of this book you're making.
:rant:
Please be so kind as to remove it!!

:wink:

:lol:

Only kidding with you!!

Of course, you can use mine!!
And now I'm hella curious to know which one of mine you chose.
Can you let me know??
My email is miringeltje@u2captions.com

Absolutely :heart: your book-idea.
Although I have no clue what paper made out of dyed/painted fabric looks like.
I would love to see some pictures, when it's done.
But I'm sure it will look amazing!!

I really hope you finish it in time.
'Cause it's gonna be an awful lot of work.
I can tell you that much from experience with working on the captionwebsite.
Speaking of which, it would be so cool if you could mention it in your book (www.u2captions.com)!

Also, if you would like to share who some of the photographers of the pictures are (if you can find out), that would totally help us out too.

And LG, you're going to the 10/10 show in NY?!!!
That's far away from home.
And how come you didn't tell me that?
Uhhh wait, you probably said something about it.
But it might have slipped my mind.
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been joking about Bono being forgetful.
Look what effect it is having on me!!
Help!!!

Cassandra, I keep my fingers crossed for you to give that book to the boys...!

And girls, u2captions.com is simply irresistible! I already can get lost myself on that page...I will be an addict if you finish it! ....
ooooops... I mean WHEN, not IF....:wink:

Cassandra said:

You got some of my old captions? :reject:

Please, feel free to use them - I feel honoured! :D

I would love to see the book when it's finished, pics of you giving it to the band or what ever you can come up with - you're doing a great job Cassandra! :yes: :D:up:

:hug:

I'm funny! :ohmy:

I suddenly feel so validated.
You like me, you really like me! :love:

:wink:
I'm insanely curious to know what I could have possibly contributed.....an old one?

:heart:
Love the idea. I'm sure the boys will get a kick out of it.....perhaps it will even validate their belief that we're a lil offkilter, but loveable bunch. :wink:

Good luck with the book. And I hope to see pics!

Oh, and be sure to enjoy the show!
:happy:

PS. I suppose I should metion that MBS is also me...........
:

Last edited:
:cool: I'd love to see which ones of mine you're using :hyper: if you can email me that would be great you299 at yahoo dot com Hopefully I'll see you in NY handing the book to the guys :wink:

one4u2 said:
:cool: I'd love to see which ones of mine you're using
Actually, I would too. I have a few that aren't too funny and I don't know what I was thinking. LOL Probably a margarita induced moment. :wink:

Of coarse you can use mine! I feel like I've just been knighted or something. Great idea, and.... alright, I can't resist, "Thanks for spending your hard earned cash..."

But seriously, thank you.

yeah, i know you said the order didn't count, but I still felt special being first :cool:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Do you wanna go with? Turns out I have an extra GA ticket. I've already got a room reserved too.

:faint:

Alright, I've slightly recovered now.
WOW!!
You have no idea how I wish I could say :yes:!
Grrrrrl, I so wanna hang out with you!!
We would have a BLAST together.

But I can't.
:sad:
Work always gets in the way of me doing fun stuff.
Sometimes I so wish I had another job.
Where I could just ask my boss for days off, when I wanted to.
My work situation is nothing like that though.
Too long a story to explain here. if you want I can email you about it.

Sigh...

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
As well you should, Meghan! You are special! :hug:

:applaud:, LG!

Damn Meghan, you really need to stop selling yourself short.
I also read a comment in the caption thread that made me go:
:shame: and :no: !!
(Do you know which one I'm talking about?)
Silly girl, you!
You rock!
:rockon:
And your captions are :lmao:!
So they should be included in this book indeed.

:eek:: You're using one (or some) of mine, too?? Thank you!! I hope you get to give it to them (or at least, ONE of them) ... AND that you like the show! Lucky woman ...

Sure wish they were coming back to my neck of the woods (sniff sniff), but maybe I can get to go to one of the Las Vegas shows. That's not too far from me ...

Okay, enough of the pity party. :) Good luck -- and I can't wait to see what happens with this. (Which one(s) of mine are you using, by the by?)

Back
Top Bottom