Caption book, sort of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Absofeckinloutely you may change it darling! It all sounds like a fabulous idea. :hug: Email me if you need any help. Or if you just feel like emailing me, whatever. :)

I'm going to the Monday 10/10 show, GA - will I be seeing you there???? How cool would it be to autograph it for the band? :wink:

Thanks, LG. No I won't be at the Monday show but at the Friday 10/14 show. I hadn't thought about getting autographs of the caption writers, but that's an absofeckinloutely brillant idea! :D
But I'll have to see if I can figure out the logistics of it all.

A quick Hi,
First my apologizes to everyone about not getting back to you. I don't have a home computer, and this week at work has been a hell (it's either feast or famine at this job, but anyway...) A quick look over the replies I see that many of you want to know what captions of yours are in the "book", so I'll bring it to work tomorrow and contact you all. If you don't hear from me I not being rude, just being inundated. Thanks for the great support.

I have such a high turnover on my pictures, I'm surprised any of my old captions made any sense at all!

And that any of my captions were considered appropriate! :lol:

I don't have any problem with anything I posted, I consider it public onse I have posted it, and free for anyone to use

Cassandra said:

Thanks, LG. No I won't be at the Monday show but at the Friday 10/14 show. I hadn't thought about getting autographs of the caption writers, but that's an absofeckinloutely brillant idea! :D

I suppose I could autograph it on behalf of all the caption writers. :wink:

Megalomania is setting in on me...

And I'd love to know which caps of mine you've chosen as well...if it's not too much trouble. :hug:

Cassandra said:

Actually my swelled head deflated a bit for me to realize that you could ask all the writers to just email you or put up a word for the band on this thread and you could just print that out. Does that make sense?

Then I could autograph it myself. :wink:

wow! thats amazing - great idea! I'm surprised - I made only 2 captions. :)

I really hope this book will end up in bono's hands :)

After seeing how many people has viewed this thread, I think I better put so info out there because I don't want people to think that this "book" is something that it's not.

First of all, the pictures are not in color. I won't get into the politics of work and all, but printing out over a 100 color photos using the color printer wasn't going to happen. Because the pictures are in black and white, I decided to do the color fabric "pages". It will be in a regular binder. It will be professional (because I'm a professional textile artist, but this "book" is in no way anything like Pimm Jal de la Parra's book (but I'm definately channeling his spirit of putting together something that you love).

When I was typing my first message I realized that several names and pictures might be missing (found in another part of my apartment). So here is an additional list of people: mistyrose, Wild Honey, sraphim, BonoIsMyMuse, Bono's Doll, MsPurrl, Ancalagon & labell. That brings the total to 60 people. The majority of the people had between 1-3 captions, with several having 4 or more (and if you been reading the captions from the first, you can probably figure out who they are).

I didn't try to play favorites, but I tried to get a wide range of photos/captions from the band's different periods. So there are captions from baby band to Joshua Tree to PopMart to current. But I didn't print every caption or everyone that did a caption. Please don't be upset. I have every intention not only to mention u2.captions but the blue crack (and thus pleba) too.

For those who I didn't email yet, I'll contact you in the next few days.

Well, the book is finished. Now trying to get it to them...

Sat. 10/7 I was waiting in the rain for more than 2 hours outside Madison Square Garden (MSG), left around 4:30 pm, no band. I was soak to the bone, spent a 40 min. train ride in air condition. On Sun, felt a cold coming on so I didn't leave the apt. But I was thinking, I'll take the book to work next week and hang out at MSG on Mon 10/10 and Tues 10/11 after I get off from work.

Yet Weather Channel said that it would be raining cats and dogs on Mon and Tues. And afraid that I would get sick and not be able to go to the concert on Fri 10/14, I decide not to go to MSG and leave the book at home. Guess what? No rain on Mon. and as I type this at 5:30 pm Tues, no rain yet.

So right now I'm sad right for 2 golden opportunities missed. But I'll be off from work on Fri and have plans to hang around MSG all day if I have to. And I made a banner that says, u2captions.com (in orange and black) to make sure I get someone attention!

I'm not such a good picture taker so I'm trying to find someway to get photos done and send to Pleba.

BTW, I got Anton Corbijn's autograph on u2 & i on Sat at the Virgin Records Time Square location (that's why I thought it was a good omen to hang out at MSG in the rain on Sat). Showed him two of the captions that came from his book: Eliv8 (while Ali isn't looking Bono admires a little ass) and BonoFox1 (u2 in 2010, Edge Larry and Bono). He laughed and said to me that I should be on the other side (of the counter) selling his books! Did I show him the caption book? No. Duh!!! I know, I know, I know....

Cassandra said:

Sat. 10/7 I was waiting in the rain for more than 2 hours outside Madison Square Garden (MSG), left around 4:30 pm, no band. I was soak to the bone, spent a 40 min. train ride in air condition. On Sun, felt a cold coming on so I didn't leave the apt. But I was thinking, I'll take the book to work next week and hang out at MSG on Mon 10/10 and Tues 10/11 after I get off from work.

Yet Weather Channel said that it would be raining cats and dogs on Mon and Tues. And afraid that I would get sick and not be able to go to the concert on Fri 10/14, I decide not to go to MSG and leave the book at home. Guess what? No rain on Mon. and as I type this at 5:30 pm Tues, no rain yet.

So right now I'm sad right for 2 golden opportunities missed. But I'll be off from work on Fri and have plans to hang around MSG all day if I have to. And I made a banner that says, u2captions.com (in orange and black) to make sure I get someone attention!

I'm not such a good picture taker so I'm trying to find someway to get photos done and send to Pleba.

BTW, I got Anton Corbijn's autograph on u2 & i on Sat at the Virgin Records Time Square location (that's why I thought it was a good omen to hang out at MSG in the rain on Sat). Showed him two of the captions that came from his book: Eliv8 (while Ali isn't looking Bono admires a little ass) and BonoFox1 (u2 in 2010, Edge Larry and Bono). He laughed and said to me that I should be on the other side (of the counter) selling his books! Did I show him the caption book? No. Duh!!! I know, I know, I know....
Aw, well thanks for trying! I hope you get well soon!
Chicken noodle soup :wink:

Good luck on Friday!
& :ohmy: You showed Anton? haha! You should have shown him the book, oh well :lol:

Cassandra said:

:hug: You're doing such a great job - but, please but get sick ok? :shame: :wink:

Cassandra said:

:hyper: Oh, it sounds great - can't wait for more news! I'm sure your banner will draw a lot of attention! :D:up:

Cassandra said:

Anton! :lol: So cool you showed two of the captions to Anton - and that he liked them :D ... Maybe the entire U2-camp will be fighting over who should read the book first when you give it to the boys! :giggle:

Well, good luck on friday! :hug:

:bow: Cassandra, I'm so happy that you're trying so hard. Get better soon, woman!

I was there on the 10th and I got to meet Bono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So where would I find pictures of this momentous event? (I was the idiot wearing the cop's hat if anyone was there.)

Cassandra said:

:applaud:

:up:

Great to hear the book's finished, Cassandra.

:hug:
Poor you getting soaked on Saturday.
I understand that you didn't go out on Sunday, if you weren't feeling too well.
Definitely don't want to get sick and miss going to the concert, because of that.

Hahaha!!
Of course, it didn't rain on Monday and Tuesday.
How ironic!
Just goes to show, never believe the weather forecasts.

Awh, another :hug:
Don't feel sad.
Doomsdaythinking will get you nothing.
You still have a chance on Friday.

WOW!!
About the banner.
That's so awesome and :cool: !
Now I'm getting nervous though, 'cause the website is nowhere near what we want it to be like.
It's still very much a work in progress.

A big :yes: for any photo's.
I'd really like to see what the book and the banner look like.

I'm very happy that you got to meet Anton and get his autograph.
I'm also glad that the man has a good sense of humor.
Great that he laughed about the captions you showed him.
Nice compliment he gave there.

And don't worry about not showing him the book.
I'm sure that if I were in your position I would have totally forgotten about it too.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Best of luck to you.
I hope you'll be able to hand the book to one of the guys tomorrow.

Wow, Cassandra, I too bad you couold not see the guys, Also hopefully some of my captions were included, they were mostly from the earlier Caption threads..(I actually stayed up one night feeling all funny and posted lots of great captions), but non the less I hope some of those goodies made it on to your book, binder!!

Feel Better:wink:

Wow never thought I'd 'be' in the book!

Thanks a lot for taking the time of doing this Cassandra, this is a great project (and certainly requires a lot of strength for showing some to Corbijn! :up: :up: )

If you have time, could you tell me which one you picked please? Here's my email: advah U2 at gmail dot com.
Or feel free to e-mail if you need help or just feel like saying 'hi', U2 fans are always welcomed! :hug:

Thanks again for the book! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom