cant live with or without you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
this is the start to a story i am doing. its my first!!! ahhh! but i really want to hear what people have to say about it. this first part is really long but the other posts will be shorter. thanks for reading! it will get really steamy later on.......:ohmy:

I stepped off the plane and looked down the terminal. I think I was a little scared of what lay ahead but I was more excited than anything. Suddenly memories came back to me of the month before. I remembered first asking Kerry if she would give them a letter for me. She had seen the guys around Dublin and kinda knew them. She said she would, but I guess in the back of my mind I never really believed it. That must be why I poured out my soul into that first letter. And put that stupid picture of me in it too. It was like four years old so I was only about sixteen, and I was holding my cat! He?s dead now.... anyway when she e mailed me to tell me she gave it to them I was shocked. She had given it to Bono and he said he would show it to all the guys. For some reason I felt the need to keep writing them every week. I told them everything, things I haven?t told anybody. I think the most personal thing was telling them about my boyfriend Nick beating me. He left me with a great parting gift too. A bruise on the cheek, a fat lip and a bruise on my chest. That was the last I would ever have to feel of that again. I was in Dublin now and I could start over. In my last letter I just wrote a short note to the band. I said that I was going to be in Ireland in five days and maybe I would catch them somewhere. Yeah right..like they would want to hang out with me. They did write me back though. It was sweet but short. Mostly just their autographs and a few notes from each of them. Well not all of them actually. Bono must have been busy because there was only his signature. Adam wrote the most. He said that they all enjoyed reading the letters of a real fan, they appreciated all my compliments, and that Bono had been the last to read my letters. He had, like everything else, lost them and my picture. Oh and he said that I was cute.. Yeah, haha. I wonder if he knew they were making fun of him. I was kind of disappointed that he didn?t say anything, after all I had only been pining after him since I was six.

I decided that I wanted to go dancing at a discotheque somewhere, and it wasn?t so much that I wanted to dance, but that I had never gotten to do it. Nick always told me I couldn?t because other guys would see me. I was going to make sure they saw me tonight!!!!
I picked up my things and checked into a cheap hotel. Without a clue of where I was going I just started to walk the streets of Dublin. It seemed strangely like home, I just felt like I belonged. It was already about nine so I tried to find someplace to dance. It wasn?t hard. Just keep walking until I hear loud music right?
I felt kind of stupid in there at first but I loosened up after a few drinks. Dancing was making me feel really good and the guys were looking at me. I realized that I didn?t like that after all. I had been hurt so bad by the guys in my life that I was feeling a little anti-male at the moment. Suddenly mysterious ways came on and I let go. I was swirling around and shaking my hips, shaking everything. I felt totally at peace with myself even though I could feel somebody watching me, and see him out of the corner of my eye. The song finally ended and I decided to take a rest. I turned around to the table I left my things at and stopped. I blinked. Again. Holy freakin? shit I thought. That cant be him! There are probably a lot of guys that try to dress like Bono in Dublin, but I don?t think they could have made me feel like this. Staring into his eyes I just didn?t move for about five seconds. He had been the one looking at me during the song. He actually had a pleased look on his face, but at the same time he looked like he wanted to be left alone....I thought. Without knowing what to do I panicked. I just wiped the sweat off my palms, looked at the floor, kicked some imaginary dust and then took off out the door. What an idiot I felt like. This was half the reason I came to Dublin, to meet my favorite band and make friends with them. Then I just go and act like a complete freak in front of Bono! Then the thought also occurred to me that I left my purse on the table he was sitting at, along with my shoes. So I was a little stupider. After that I just roamed the streets and gathered my thoughts, eventually making it back to my hotel room. I fell asleep crying and woke up to the sun streaming in my window the next morning. Well I didn?t have any money, what little makeup I use was in that purse, and I had nothing to do. So far my great idea of running away from my problems to Ireland wasn?t turning out so great. I wondered for just a second if Bono recognized me from my picture. He did know that I was coming to Dublin, but he hadn?t even acknowledged my existence when the others had written me back. The thought wandered out of my head as I headed out of the hotel and walked down the street in the only remaining shoes I owned. Without any particular place to go I decided I might go try to find a friend. Stupid, but when you?re all alone in a foreign country and you have no money you get a little desperate. I kept wandering until I heard loud music pouring out of a small house in a residential area. The first floor was just a garage and the door was open, revealing some nice looking sound equipment. I stared at the house for a second more before looking at the car parked in front. It was too expensive to belong in the area, and it had animal print interior. Didn?t Bono.... my thoughts were getting the best of me and I turned around and walked back down the driveway and into the street. Then I thought I heard my name. Maybe it was just because I was hoping, but I turned around and looked. Then I died. Okay not really, but it felt like it. There was Bono, Larry, and Edge all looking at me from in the garage. Edge was waving and smiling and Larry just held his hand up all stiff but definitely friendly. Yeah that was just like I imagined them. But Bono was different that all the things I had heard about him and seen him do in their videos. I guess I thought he would be more energetic, but he just stood there and stared at me. I was wondering if I really looked that bad this morning, or if he just hated me or something. I must have been standing there just looking like a lump in the road for a half a minute because Edge yelled my name again and told me to come on up. My legs regained feeling as I made my way up the driveway again.
? Hey, we thought that was you!!? Edge said happily. ?You made it to Dublin like you said you would huh? Well how was your trip??
?Um. Uh. Er well.? yeah I was real smooth. ?My trip was em, fine. Yeah. The plane crashed and I got to use my floatation device like I always wanted! Just kidding. Actually the food was really good on the plane, and there weren?t any screaming babies. The guy next to me was really something though. He kept trying to put his arm around me and fall asleep!? There, I said something intelligible. Larry turned to me and asked how long I was going to be in town.
?I don?t know actually, I seen to have misplaced my money already, and a pair of shoes. I guess I never really thought about going back home. I feel more at home here.? I tried to look like I didn?t know it was Bono in the club last night hoping it wouldn?t look like I had gotten all flustered. Bono actually had a slight smile on his face when I said that. He did recognize me after all. Great
? I have your things in the house, love, if you want to come in and get them? You left the dance club so fast last night you forgot to get your things.? He actually looked like he was being shy. This was interesting. He never seemed like the shy type. I couldn?t help getting a little turned on by looking at him so I looked at Edge.
?What are you guys doing here? This is certainly not one of your houses??
?No this is just a place we go sometimes to jam together. Since they?re doing renovation on the studios then we just came here to do some work today.?
?Where?s Adam??
?In New York at some art show we think ?
?Can I go in and get my purse and shoes??? I smiled sweetly to Edge and cheesily batted my eyelashes at him.
He laughed and said that would be fine. I looked at Bono to see what he might be thinking. He was just looking at me with a look that I couldn?t quite figure out. He looked really hot though. He had on some tight black pants that drew my eyes down to the slight bulge in them. His shirt was a dark blue button up with the top three buttons undone showing his chest. It was untucked but caught over his belt buckle. I think he caught me checking him out since he was the last to head up the stairs before I followed. My face turned really red and I hurried up the stairs to catch up with the others. The room was really dark, almost like they were trying to create a mood for a song or something. It smelled a little of cigars and good cologne in the air. Flashes of images shot through my head each time I blinked. Hands, mouths touching, Bono?s neck..... that had to stop. I didn?t want to look like a deranged fan and scare him off. Trying to regain composure after my little daydream and looked around again. Edge was holding my purse towards me, and he said that he couldn?t find my shoes.
?You?ll have to ask Bono about that one, he is the one that picked your stuff up after all. He was in a really strange mood all last night. We couldn?t really get him to talk about anything, he just sat there and stared into space.?
?I haven?t done something to upset him have I?? I asked.
?No certainly not! He was so excited to hear that you were coming to Dublin when we got the message. He even got all dressed nice yesterday, and did his hair!?
I thought about that one for a second, wishing it was really me he wanted to impress. Just then he finally came into the main room from the garage.
?Hey B do you know where Tara?s shoes are??
?Sure, yeah follow me they?re in here? He motioned for me to follow him towards another room down the hall and away from the others. This made me a little nervous. I didn?t want to accidentally flirt with him too bad and freak him out.
?Thanks,? I told him ? I really appreciate you getting my things for me last night. I-uh-didn?t know it was you? I lied ? suddenly I remembered something and I had to go. I guess I?m a little like you in the way I can lose things? He looked like he had loosened up away from the boys.
?You know that is a gift in hiding? he said ?it makes people really pay attention to you! I?m sorry I was staring at you in the club.? he stopped and got a little quiet. ? I was just trying to see if it was you out there. You said that you would be here yesterday and I was surprised to see somebody that looked sort of like the picture on the dance floor. *he smiled shyly* especially dancing like that!?
Oh gosh, I hadn?t realized that I was dancing so- I dunno- stripper!
?You look much older than in the picture so I didn?t recognize you at first. I must say, you were pleasing to the eye in it but in person you?re-? he stopped.
?You?re like an angel that has fallen out of heaven right into Dublin.?
My face turned scarlet again at his words. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!! I thought I had to be dreaming at this point. There was no way he was really telling me he thought I was beautiful. I mean come on! I looked like I had just been run over by a train- twice. I still had the bruises and fat lip from Nick the dick I couldn?t say anything to him thankfully because he had his head in a bedroom closet digging through some things.
? I?m sorry love, but I seem to have lost your shoes. I would...be glad to take you shopping for another pair if you?re available.? he looked sorry and hopeful and I couldn?t resist, but I had to play a little hard to get.
?Oh, this is terrible. My best friend gave me those shoes before she died!? I made my best sad face and then burst out into laughter at the sight of his face. He looked like he was going to cry.
?I?m kidding! They were ten bucks and pay-less shoe?s! You can take me shopping but I really have to eat something first. Do you want me to meet you here later?? I was really hoping he would ask me to eat with him but I was doubtful.
?How about I buy you something to eat and then I take you shopping??
I would have responded but I was distracted by a little piece of lint that had just settled into his hair. I reached out to pick it from his beautiful head and my hand lingered there a little too long. He didn?t seem to mind much and he tilted his head toward me a little. I couldn?t help myself much longer in this room with him and I knew I had to get out before I did something really stupid. I was starting to feel warm and my feet were tingling. I could see him looking at my lips and I thought it was because it was swollen. My head seemed to move towards his on its own and I had to stop before I did what I wanted to do. He smelled really good which made me stay there just a little longer in agony. Finally I pulled my fingers from his hair with the invader lint ball and tossed it to the floor just to prove that there had really been something there. Stepping back from him a few inches I took him up on his offer and we left the house together to go eat.
He drove me. Or should I really say drive? He somewhat directed his car on the street towards a strip of buildings. If I wasn?t such a crazy driver myself I would have been scared but it was actually fun.

Hmmmm good for a start ,had a lil difficulty reading it thou. Maybe u could space it out a lil ,and like put the dialogues in lines????? for eg u could do something like this :

" Would u like me to take u shopping for a new pair of shoes, then buy u breakfast?"Bono asked. And continue like that??

That would be better ,cant wait to see the next chapter.:wink:

Awesome and I really like the way it is written! :happy: Bono is such a sweet man! :) I am going to read the next chapter now. :)

Interesting begining...Once you get the formatting problems sorted out this should be a great fic.

Am off to read the next chapter.

Back
Top Bottom