Can't get a DVD player

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know anything about amps, but I have heard that some TVs aren't compatible, but you can pay forty bucks for a connecter that will make it work. Maybe something like that will work for you.

U2Kitten said:
I don't know anything about amps, but I have heard that some TVs aren't compatible, but you can pay forty bucks for a connecter that will make it work. Maybe something like that will work for you.

I'll certainly look into this. I'm freaking out! I want that Slane DVD dammit!!

Here's the simplest solution: if you already have a VCR, and somewhere on it are three slots - red, white, and yellow - then you connect the DVD player via the VCR. Our TV is probably older than my parents, but we can connect our (older) VCR to it through a single co-ax cable, and a DVD player straight into the VCR. So all you need is something already hooked up to the TV to have the three A/V In slots and you're set.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Here's the simplest solution: if you already have a VCR, and somewhere on it are three slots - red, white, and yellow - then you connect the DVD player via the VCR. Our TV is probably older than my parents, but we can connect our (older) VCR to it through a single co-ax cable, and a DVD player straight into the VCR. So all you need is something already hooked up to the TV to have the three A/V In slots and you're set.

that's what I do to. It was a pain in the ass to figure it all out at first but it was worth it!

if you really want to, you can get an internal CD rom that will read dvds for under $50, provided you know how to install it in your computer or can get someone else to... handy site for this: www.newegg.com
you can get a speedy ass cd burner that'll play DVDs on your computer for that much too

...I just found this out today and it boggles my mind. I paid $300 for my cd burner and it's sloooooooooowwwwwwww

so I share :D

Back
Top Bottom